Chapter 16

Fate of two Lovers

 

 

 

A piercing sound of chimes and a warm touch was all she needed to put her consciousness back to her body. Hae Ji found herself in a daze again, daydreaming all day long, she looked up to see who patted her head and there she saw Hyungsik smiling at her across the table. “Are you okay?” His voice slowly reached her, she flinched before returning the warm smile of his. “Yes.”

She brushed her bangs and fixed her bonnet before shifting a bit to take her cup. She raised it and the pungent aroma of the black liquid in front of her. “Are you really sure you’re okay?” A male’s voice took Hae Ji’s gaze away from the cup. She smiled but not as bright anymore, “Yes I’m okay Hyungsik-ssi.” She said before finally placing her lips on the edge of the cup to take some liquid in.

~

The fresh wind of autumn finally came, the bench placed on their sides are currently occupied by couples with the age ranging from 18 – 60. Her hand was cold but a strong manly hand took it and placed it inside his jacket’s pockets, locking his fingers with her. She raised her head, she looked at him confused but he just smiled at her, with those small gestures Hae Ji loosened up, her shoulders relaxed, lips curling into a small restrained smile. “Thanks for being here beside me.” A soft whisper came out from the lady.

It’s been a month since the accident in the restaurant happened, Hyungsik promised to help her move on, she agreed. Hyungsik did his best to spend as much time as he can with her, but still Hae Ji founds herself drifting into a trance whenever she remembers a peculiar scene with him or his smell, everything about him makes Hae Ji revert back to its old self, but still Hyungsik’s there to help him, to pull him back from the hole that’s slowly her, covering her with an umbrella to protect her from the acidic drops of rain from the dark sky, yes he did his best for her yet Hyungsik still hasn’t gained that special thing from her.

Hyungsik bit his lips secretly before smiling at her. “You’re beautiful…” He whispered making the other girl to jump a bit, she smiled back before bowing her head a bit. The male let out a really small sigh before tightening his hand around hers. She looked up, feeling the force on her hand, “Are you okay Hyungsik?” She asked, the other male didn’t said anything but his eyes were expressive enough, if only his eyes can speak for him, he wants to tell her that he’s hurting inside, that he too wants that kind of attention that Aron had before, that ‘love’ that he’s been wanting to feel all these weeks, but of course he couldn’t say that. “I’m fine.” Yes that’s right, that’s the only thing he can say … for now.

 A cold breeze once again passed the unchained couple, they both look at each other, but only Hyungsik can see everything since Hae Ji was busy moving her hair away from her face. With a swift move, Hyungsik took her hand keeping it with his, Hae Ji was obviously surprised when Hyungsik started to cup her face, closing the inch between them. Time froze around them, all Hae Ji can hear is the loud beating of her heart, and Hyungsik’s hitching breath.

“W-w-“ She stammered but stopped when she felt soft lips touched hers. It was short yet the feeling of it still lingers on her lips, it was chaste yet pure of emotion. Hae Ji’s fingers twitched in Hyungsik’s hand, she awkwardly gripped on a finger of his when she felt her knees weaken a bit. A second or two of that chaste kiss passed like a minute to an hour for Hae Ji, everything’s new, but it somehow hurt her, a pain that which she did not know for where originated.

“S-sorry …” Hyungsik’s voice sliced Hae Ji’s thoughts. She was staring at him for too long, maybe since their kiss ended. “I-I shouldn’t have kissed you.” Nervousness was written all over Hyungsik, Hae Ji can see the guilt crossing across her face, she slowly touched his face, tracing his pale skin, calming the other one. “I-it’s okay .. i-I was just surprised …” She tried to calm him down without even calming herself first, they thought that the awkwardness will stay around them, but because of what Hae Ji did, the awkwardness disappeared and is replaced by laughters.

“Thank you Hyungsik … for being with me despite the things I did.” Hae Ji shyly said, her fingers fidgeting as she placed it in front of her. The other male courageously took it and locked it inside his own hands, placing it on his cheeks. “I am always here, waiting for the day where you open your heart for me.” His words instantly pierced Hae Ji’s heart making her smile, she felt a bit guilty for making a guy like him wait for almost a month or more, is it the time to let someone else take the position she tries to hold for Aron?

She opened her lips, about to say something that will surely change the course of her life, but then a couple of schoolgirls passed them, making her overhear what they’re talking about. “Have you heard about Aron Oppa and Jiyeon Unnie? They’re now official right!” The other one squealed. “I know right, omo they are so perfect!” The word perfect once again lingered around, tears once again formed in her lids, why is she so weak like this? Why is she so vulnerable about things like this?

 She felt her knees once again weakened, her tears finally flowed and her body trembled. She was expecting a cold hard thud from the fall she’s expecting but then it was replaced by two warm arms wrapping around them, she looked up but was forced to look down and rest on the manly chest currently near him. “Shhh cry all you want, I’m here … “ with those warm words from Hyungsik, Hae Ji let out all her emotions out, grabbing Hyungsik’s clothes for support as the male slowly tightens the hug. 

 

 



 

 


Hello~~ another update! OuO;;

I've been really updating this almost everyday.

The next updates are going to be either dramatic, strong or well sad so please once again stay with me my readers~ <3

i'm going to make the story move again, placing everything back to its fast and angsty pace :)

i'm going to sleep now~ bye my readers!!! OuO;;;