Chapter 20

Fate of two Lovers

 

The day was too beautiful for Hyungsik’s taste. The storm had finally dispersed into thin air, the black clouds of rain and thunder was replaced by magnificent forms of blue and white clouds, the sun started to smile again, casting down it’s radiance and drying the things on earth. There’s no more dripping sound from the roof, no slippery roads, no more thunders and lightning that keeps Hae Ji awake every night.

Hae Ji smiled bitterly as she stares at the spot where Aron did something to her.

[[ Hae Ji’s POV

What happened to us Aron? Do you remember the day where we spent the night just staring at the star filled sky? The night where you made me fall in love to you much deeper than I already do? Do you also remember when you told me about the problems within your family, the money issue, I tried my best to help you but all I did was to hug you.

Remember the time where you gave me your jacket because you saw me shivering because of the cold? I cherished that jacket of yours as a proof that I really did spent a night with you, that I met the true Aron kwak, the one that I fell in love to.

But seeing how things fold in our love story I can’t even face those past memories anymore.

Nightmare keeps on bugging me every night, and you’re always in it. I wanted to forget everything about us Aron, I tried everything, I even did what Hyungsik told me, but my heart keeps on betraying my mind. My heart really longs for you, your warm and voice.

I walked towards south, towards the windows of my house. I looked at the kids playing on the space in front of our house, they’re giggling and smiling. I remembered the night where we were just like those kids, we’re smiling, not caring what the world thinks and all we cared is the presence leaning at each other.

Here I am again, thinking about Aron … him again.

[[End of PoV]]

 

Knocks echoed from the door it made Hae Ji flinch from her dreams. She moved slowly towards it, she pushed her hair upwards and tied it into a bun since it keeps on making her sight a bit hard. When she finally reached the door by almost dragging her feet, she saw Hyungsik standing in front of her doorway.

“Ohh come in come in.” She said completely taking the gloomy expression she had earlier by replacing it with a temporary smile. She guided the male towards the living room, after settling himself there Hae Ji went away to get some refreshments for him.

When she came back, Hyungsik was already holding a very grim expression, as if something bad had happened to him, which caused Hae Ji to panic a bit.

“A-are you okay?” She asked as she placed the tray on the table. The crisp sound of metal that had touched a mirror filled the silence around them. Hae Ji kneeled and shifted a bit to have a better look at him, but then she jerked up when Hyungsik suddenly grabbed her by the wrist, a very tight one.

Hae Ji furrowed her brows, staring at him, eyes boring a hole on his face, trying to decipher the sudden movements of him. Hyungsik never did this to him, never used force nor initiated something more close than a simple pat on the back. She winced, her eyes squinted into a thin line as the pain finally crawls deeper. She tried to pull her own hand back but Hyungsik just sat there, like a statue.

“Hyungsik, i-it hurts …” She mumbled while pulling her hand back, away from him.

Hyungsik opened his mouth, but closed it again when the tears softly went down from her eyes. Hyungsik quickly jerked away, making him stumble back to the softness of the cushion. “I-I’m sorry ..” He murmured, it was barely audible, but thanks to the quietness of the room Hae Ji heard it.

“A-are you okay?” Hae Ji wrapped her fingers around the reddened part of his wrist while moving closer to him. Concern was written on her face, which made him feel guiltier. Hyungsik wanted to confess everything, to straighten all the lines he had messed up, all the feelings that he trampled on because of his own greediness. I’m not okay … Hyungsik said to himself.

“I’m … really okay, I’m sorry …” Hyungsik tried to smile, the smile that he always put on whenever he’s with Hae Ji, the smile that makes all the pain quite invisible. “Right … I heard that .. Aron went here.” His tone was a bit cautious. He can see Hae Ji’s face darkened. “Is … something wrong?” She shook her head and went towards the next sofa, she placed a pillow on her lap and sighed. “I don’t want to see him anymore, I hate him … I hate him.” She repeated those last words which made Hyungsik feel the heaviness of the lies he weaved.

“Don’t hate him.” He murmured. His voice was soft but Hae Ji heard it loud and clear. She shot a stare at him which made the male wet his suddenly dried lips. “What do you mean by that?” She asked with a hint of doubt with her voice. How can HE, of the entire male that knows what Hae Ji experienced from that man, say that thing right at her face? “How can I not hate him? He literally flipped my whole world!” She sighed exasperatedly before looking at him. “How can you of all people say that to me? Hyungsik you know what I experienced because of him, all the hardship I had, all the depressing evenings that I couldn’t sleep and all the tears I shed!” Hae Ji couldn’t understand him at all, at first he’s helping with her moving on but now Hyungsik seems to be cleaning Aron’s name.

“It’s not his fault that he left you.” Hyungsik confessed. At first he wanted to aggrevate Hae Ji so that she’ll be really mad at her, but then something crossed his mind, things would go just flow quickly if he just confessed what he did making things any more complicated. “I was the one who did that, I was the one who locked you up.”

“What?” She asked. Things were becoming more and more confusing for her. At first Hyungsik was his savior, her knight in shining armor and how he just confessed that that event where she was locked by someone was all his doings. “You’re kidding me, stop joking around and just … let’s just go and erase everything that had happened today and yesterday.” Hae Ji stood up from her seat and started walking away with the tray of glasses on her hand. Hyungsik jolted up and quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her closer. The tray fell from her hands and so as the glasses, shards of glasses were scattered around their area. “… I’m sorry … Jiyeon talked to me about that  …. And she said if I did that to you, you’ll … forget about Aron and … you’ll be min ---“ A crisp sound of skin that had suddenly made contact echoed around them.

Hae Ji’s hand moved on its own and landed a nice slap on his face. The red mark on his face was an enough of an evidence to prove how strong that slap was. “You …” Hae Ji couldn’t believe what she just learned, everything right from the start was nothing but lies, Hae Ji couldn’t even now know if Hyungsik’s feelings were true. “Everyone … all of you … toyed me.”

With that last word from Hae Ji, Hyungsik walked slowly towards the room, muttering a very sincere ‘I’m sorry’ along the way, hoping that one day Hae Ji can still forgive him.

Right from the start everyone treated played their own games, everyone manipulated her mind. It is true that Hyungsik did that, but if Jiyeon didn’t manipulated Hyungsik’s mind, he wouldn’t do that … right? But if only Aron and her didn’t met in that fateful night, Jiyeon wouldn’t act like this? Who is at fault in this game the four of them played?

Things were really confusing now, Hae Ji’s tears drenched her cheeks. Her hand was shaking as she held it with his free hand. Hyungsik backed a few steps away from her and apologized. Hyungsik knows what he did wrong; because of his feelings things became really hard for the four of them. Because of Jiyeon’s desire for love, for someone to look at her she did things that she doesn’t do, she can’t even recognize herself anymore. Because of Aron’s hardships he leaned on the closest wall he have and that’s her, Hae Ji. He needed someone to lean on and that feeling of loneliness eventually bloomed into a much grander emotion and that’s love. Hae Ji’s feelings were just like how a fan feels for her bias. The feeling of her idol shining on the stage completely fogged her sight, she started to believe the endings of the fanfics, her world focused on the ‘love’ she feels for her bias, and that slowly turned into a much pure and clearer feeling of love, but that love was also the cause of her hardships.

There is a saying that “You can’t have a rainbow without a little rain.” Every love will either bloom or wither with the problems you or they faced. Things like hardships, obstacles, all of the hindrances that they thought forced them to grow in this cruel planet.

Love isn’t all about fluffy rainbows and unicorns. They always don’t end in a very happy ending like what fairy tales taught us. Every decision has its corresponding effect in our lives, some may help us and some may don’t, some may mold us into a much stronger figure but some may also break us into pieces.

Decisions can affect one’s life, learn to think twice before making a decision and be sure to never … ever regret them.

 




Last chapter next~

i'll post it tomorrow morning~ it's already 12 am here :)))

Good night people~