Chapter 11

Fate of two Lovers

A call woke Hae Ji’s sweet slumber. She searched for her phone on top of the table with lids half opened, the phone kept on ringing which made her groan from the inside of a blanket. No words slip from her lips as she finally held the phone in her hands, punching the accept button, she placed the phone near her ear and asked. “Hello?”

A deep muffled voice became audible which made her arched a brow. “Hello? Who is this?” She asked again, she doesn’t know who the caller is but she can feel her hearth thump quickly and a bit loud.

“Hello? Hae Ji this is Aron..” The caller said which made Hae Ji’s senses alive and awake. She quickly fixed her hair with her free hand, with the feeling that Aron can see her through the piece of technology caged in her hand.

“H-hello? A-aron … what d-do you want?” She asked with full of cautiousness in her voice, she doesn’t want to be rude but she also doesn’t want to sound a bit happy.

“Ahh sorry if I woke you up, I just want to ask –“There’s a long pause in his sentence, Hae Ji can hear the breathing of the man from the other line. “—I just want to ask, if you’re free tomorrow?” He continued, which made Hae Ji’s heart jumped in happiness.

Is this real? Am I still dreaming or what? She asked herself, still flabbergasted from what she heard from the mouthpiece of the phone. She felt went dry, she slowly nod her head even though no one can see it. “N-neh … “Is the only thing she said before Aron let out a sigh of relief and cut the call.

“Kya!!!” She suddenly squealed and threw her head back to the bed, she couldn’t contain the happiness she’s feeling right now. The door suddenly swung open which revealed a worried female.

“Yah! Why are you squealing like that?!!” Her sister slammed the door shut and marched towards her, with fiery glares in her eyes. Hae Ji felt the hostility aura that her unnie gives so she shut up.

“Aron .. asked me for a date!” She squealed again but it was quickly taken care of by her sister. “Don’t squeal!” She shouted and rolled her eyes. “Explain everything that happened!”

Hae Ji told her everything, from the time where she was dreaming about Aron every detail of it down to the time where Aron called her. Her sister just gave her a judging and confused looked. “Are you sure you’re not hallucinating or what?” She asked again, she’s not really a fan of KPOP since she was ‘too’ old for that.

“Neh, unnie …” She smiled and giggled with her fists on her chest. Her sister just left her there, fangirling over some ‘date’ Aron pulled for her, though she is glad that her sister is back to being a jolly joyous kid again.

Hae Ji’s fangirling was disturbed by his phone; ringing again. She quickly took it, wishing that Aron is calling her again, but much to her dismay it is not, it’s Hyungsik. She grunted as she pushed the accept button.

“What?” She said in a flat tone, showing her disinterest with the other party. “Yah! At least show a glint of interest to me!” Hyungsik retorted and ended it with a sigh.

“Arasso~ so what do you want?” She asked again without changing the way she speaks to him. A sigh became audible from the other line, Hyungsik was about to say something but he decided to it up since he knows how stubborn Hae Ji can be.

“Are you free tomorrow?” He asked.

“Oh… ahh .. about that, I have something to do tomorrow, and it’s really important for me, so no.” She said, why did she lie to him? Is there something that she needs to hide? She too doesn’t know.

Hyungsik fell silent a bit before talking once again. “Ohh, then are you free today? You don’t have work now right?” What he said is true, it’s her free day today since Dongwook went away and took a vacation somewhere.

“Arasso~ let’s meet where?” She asked, agreeing to meet up with him since she knows that she will be just bored if she stays inside the house all day. She stood up from the bed and walked towards a mirror and fixed her hair.

“Aniya, just … wait me there, I’ll pick you up  ...  after an hour?” He said before shutting his phone off, he didn’t even let Hae Ji say something.

After ending the call, Hae Ji left the mirror alone and went inside the bathroom, washing up and getting ready for the day he have to spend with Hyungsik.

An hour already passed since Hae Ji received the call from Hyungsik about spending the day together. She is now sitting on the couch comfortably as she wait for her friend to pick her up. As she wait, the thought of having a date with Aron tomorrow crossed her mind once again, which made him all hyped up and giddy. Her thoughts were distracted by the buzzing sound of the doorbell. Fixing her clothes again, she walked towards it and pulled the door open. “Annyeong~” He cheerful Hyungsik appeared right in front of her doorsteps.

 

O

 

“So where are we going?” Hae Ji asked. They are now inside Hyungsik’s car and are now driving somewhere, which Hyungsik kept on keeping a secret. Hae Ji placed her elbow on the space near the window with his head rested on her palm; her eyes which already bore a hole in Hyungsik’s gentle face.

“Aissh, just wait arasso? You’ve already asked me that same question for the … a hundredth time already!” He shook his head with his eyes still on the road, focusing to his driving to keep both of them safe.

“Yah! I already asked this question three times!” She raised her hand and clenched it into a ball with three fingers standing tall to show him how many times she already asked.

“That doesn’t change the fact that you kept on asking me, don’t you trust me?” A tint hurt was present in his voice, and Hae Ji doesn’t know if it’s a joke or not.

“Fine.” Is the only word she could say at that point, she was defeated by his words again? She rolled her eyes and pulled her phone from her bag, quickly picking the folder button which holds Aron’s pictures which he got from the fansites in the net.

“You really are an obsessed fangirl.” Hyungsik hissed with a mad smirk on his face, he doesn’t know why but he got a bit irritated when he saw Hae Ji staring at her phone, drooling over Aron’s picture.

“Aissh, Let me do what I want to do, and besides Aron haven’t done anything bad to you, so why are you acting like a sissy there?” She retorted as she placed the phone back to her bag, zipping it nicely and slammed it on her laps.

Hyungsik rolled his eyes and ignored what she said, stopped in front of a café. “We’re now here, open the door yourself.” He grunted and stopped the engines of his car and waltzes out of his car and went straight towards the door of the said cafe.

Hae Ji looked at him with a stupefied expression. Seriously, I can’t really read your mind Hyungsik. She thought as she opened the door herself and followed him inside.

Hyungsik opened the door and waited for Hae Ji to enter first before him, he still couldn’t shake off the gestures he always do to her girls. “Are you back to being a gentleman?”  Hae Ji asked with a tint of mockery in her voice.

He just ignored her and went straight to the counter. “What do you want?” He asked still his back facing Hae Ji. “Anything will do.” She replied and walked away from him towards a vacant table, immediately placing her bag on the table, claiming it as their table.

She placed her elbow on the table and tapped her chin as she waits for him with their orders. Feeling a bit bored waiting there; she pulled her phone from her bag and stares at the picture which she made as her wallpaper, and yes its Aron… again.

After a few more moments, Hyungsik arrived with a tray holding two white cups of coffee and two plates of cake. He placed the tray on the oak table and sat on the comfy cushioned chair opposite to her. “So, still staring at your idol?” He rolled his eyes and placed the treats out of the tray.

“Tch, whatever.” She quickly placed the phone back to her bag and stare at him. “So what do you want? You just suddenly asked me out.” She thought that Hyungsik couldn’t just asked her out without any good reason.

“Well .. I just miss you ~” He shrugged and took a sip off his coffee holding it with his index finger and his thumb.

“You … you disturbed my sleep with that kind of reason?” Hae Ji sighed and sliced a part of her cake and stuffed it inside .

“Well .. I just want to let you know my past … can you at least her me out?” He asked, seriousness oozed from his words for the first time which Hae Ji realized so she slowly nods her head.

“Well … the truth is, Dongwook-ssi’s sister is my mother, and well … my mother died when I’m still a kid.” He started his story. Hae Ji didn’t know that Hyungsik holds a deep scar behind those cheerful smiles he got.

“My father never treated me like his son since … he knows that I’m from a different man, my real dad is the one who first married my mom, though he died right after a few months, which only made mom carry me alone.” He sighed as he tilts his head and smiled. “well … my second father and me are still like the same, ignoring each other’s presence and avoiding each gaze.” Sadness was never present in his voice which made Hae Ji think how good Hyungsik is to still smile like that.

“You know .. you don’t have to smile like that just to cover your past.” Hae Ji stood up and walked a few steps towards him and sat on the vacant seat beside him. “Don’t lie to yourself; cry if you want, holding back your tears wouldn’t make you manly and cool … pabo.” She pats her shoulder while staring at him. “Use my shoulder if you want to cry.” Those words made Hyungsik smile, a warm smile which only appears when someone treats him like how Hae Ji just treated him.

“Thanks, but you too have some problems, so … don’t bear my problems, fix yours first.” He patted her head like a puppy, and messed her hair a bit.

“Aissh ungrateful.” She hissed and went back to her seat with a large frown on her face making Hyungsik laugh his guts out.

 

O

 

Night has already covered the sky. Hyungsik and Hae Ji are now just sitting on a bench, star gazing and admiring the things around them. It was a very peaceful night; still silence echoed between them, chirps of birds are audible around them and so as the rustling of the leaves.

It was a very nice night when all of a sudden Hyungsik leaned his head on Hae Ji’s shoulders. “You said that I can lean on you when I want to cry right? … can … can I cry now?” He asked his voice suddenly broke. Hae Ji was about to turn when Hyungsik stopped him. “No … don’t look at me right now … its … embarrassing …” He said as he let his tears flow from his eyes.

Hae Ji hummed a tune for him, a very soft tune mixed with her emotions for the guy who is the first one to cry on her shoulder. She placed her hand on Hyungsik’s cheeks, patting it softly. “You know … I don’t know what to say, but … everything will surely fall back to its right place … you just … need to wait … I guess?” She sounded unsure but Hyungsik smiled at her thought of comforting him.

“Thanks …” He whispered as he slowly wiped his tears with his finger and straightened his back. Hae Ji turned to him and smiled.

“No problem… “She then leaned closer to him and pecked a kiss on his cheeks. “Don’t cry…” She whispered as she went back to her position and smiled.

Hyungsik touched his cheeks which were kissed by the young maiden, he felt his heart thump in a very irregular pattern, and his heart beat quickly, very quickly. He felt the warm which he never experienced before, the warmth of someone … who … is now … experiencing what true … love is.

 




 

Sorry for my late update!

i was really busy these past few days ...

Sorry (_ _"

So yeah .. how are you my readers?

leave some comment ~ ^_^

i want to know my readers more~ <3