Chapter 18

Fate of two Lovers

 

 

Okay first of all, i think some of the scenes of my story is contradicting with each other. i just realized things right now which makes me in a very uncomfortable position....

second, i really want to end this unplanned fanfic .. i apologize for the randomness of this fanfic ... it's just .. i don't usually plan my fanfics so there's too many inconsistencies in this fanfic .. i am really really sorry.

 




 

Months have already passed since the news about Aron and Jiyeon came out. The two formed couple experienced very different things in these months.

Hyungsik and Hae Ji spent these months in pure joy and smiles. Hyungsik tried his best to do everything to take Aron’s figure inside her mind, he asked her out almost every month, in a park, out of town or if Hae Ji would allow him to, he’ll ask him out of the country, but Hae Ji always refuse the latter trip since she has a job and her unnie will be really sad and lonely. Hyungsik tried to understand her reason and all but there’s something amiss from her words which he can’t put a finger on.

But despite all the confusion in his head, he ignored it and kept on making the lady beside him happy. In the days they spent nothing but dating, no one mentioned Aron, Hyungsik tried his best to lead the female away from the dark past by guiding her like a light in a dark place. Hae Ji too was doing her best to forget that bittersweet love for him and she can see the great amount of effort Hyungsik was doing but no matter what he did, Aron keeps on intruding her thought every second that Hyungsik leaves him.

They are happy on the outside but very fragile on the inside.

On the other hand, the couple with labels on the top of their head was really happy, much more happier than the other couple, they always hold hands, hug each other, go dates almost every day, spent their time nothing but cooing at each other, they were labelled as the most perfect couple by the netizens, and of course these things, these feelings were fabricated by their bosses.

Aron was a mess these past few months, he totally became a different person inside their dorm. The once cheerful Aron lost his bright, everything turned 180 degrees. He wanted to express his feelings about this “Perfect Couple” label on their heads but he can’t he knew well that by making a fuss about these things would lead to his downfall, his not her.

These past months, they both acted like lovesick puppies, always going to amusements parks with at least one couple thing touching their bodies, arms linked with each other with invisible chains that no matter how hard he tries, he can’t take it off.

After a tiring day strutting around the streets of Gangnam and other places, Aron rest his head on the windowsill staring at the drops of rain falling from the dark gray skies. He felt himself tearing again when a flash of thunder crossed the skies like a flash of a camera. Image of Hae Ji formed on the foggy and wet surface of the window. Jiyeon told him that Hae Ji is already happy beside Hyungsik, she even showed him pictures as proof about their joyful dates, but Aron didn’t believed on it. He refused to believe it, even though Jiyeon had already showered him with videos and pictures, he refused to believe in it, because for him the thought that one day Hae Ji might go back to him is the only thing that keeps him alive, but all things has its end, some might have already given up in this kind of situation, but Aron didn’t, he loves her too much that it makes his oblivious to the things in front of him.

He snapped out from his trance when the door opened, revealing a manager wiping his face and neck with a piece of fabric. He slowly stood up and went to him, with a smile on his face. “Hyung, can I borrow the car?” He started earning nothing but confused stares from the older one. “I’m going to visit Jiyeon, that’s what the CEO told us right, we have to act like a couple.” He whispered the last part, he wanted to be real at least inside their dorm. The manager stared at him, still doubting his reason but then when the CEO was used as a reason he finally gave in. He gave the key to him and walked away after patting the younger one on the shoulder.

With a hopeful and bright face on Aron, he headed out and ran towards the black car.

~*~

The day was too slow for Hae Ji. Water droplets falling on her roof which makes that kind of sound which only worsen the loneliness she already feels inside her hollow house. Her sister went to work and will only arrive home when the clock strikes midnight. She looked up and smiled as she saw the glow in the dark stars that were glued by her unnie when they were kids. She smiled at them, feeling a bit nostalgic about her life when she’s much younger. Then her gaze jumped from the ceiling towards the jacket hanged on the door of her closet, it’s the jacket that Aron gave him.

She slowly shifted away from her comfortable bed towards the jacket. Her fingers grazed on the surface of it, making her heart thump again.

What ifs’ popped up inside her mind, what if she didn’t entered that shack? What if she stayed there in their table and waited for him, what if Aron saved her not Hyungsik? What if she didn’t saw Aron walking away with Jiyeon, linked arms towards their car? Those question made her sigh, she took the jacket and went downstairs, she decided to trash that jacket along with the painful memories with her and the owner of that jacket.

As she took her time walking towards the trash bin in the kitchen, the doorbell rang really fast. Succeeding rings made Hae Ji’s ears twitch in annoyance. She placed the jacket over her shoulders and walked towards the door. She opened and it her eyes widened in shock, it’s Aron, drenched with the skies’ tears, his chest heaving from the running he did. “A-aron!?” She gasped and by instincts, she grab him by the shoulder when Aron somewhat lost his balance. “A-are you okay!?” She gasped completely forgetting the thought that she should’ve just ignored him.

The female led him inside the house towards her living room. She placed him on the couch and left him to get some towel on her room. After that, she went back to him and gave the two things near her, the towel and the jacket. Aron took the towel and started drying his hair and neck. “I’ll be right back … I’ll get you some clothes then leave.” She mumbled finally recollecting her thoughts once again, she left him.

Aron sighed at the words he just heard from her, it pricked his crying heart with thousands of needles, he felt weak when he heard that. When Hae Ji came back, Aron had already taken his shirt off. Hae Ji’s eyes widened at the sight in front of her, she haven’t saw his body like this, she felt blood rushing towards her cheeks. She turned away and threw the clothes at him. “L-leave …” She mumbled before turning away but then a strong hand took hers and pulled her towards the sofa before hugging her.

“A-aron!!” She gasped when she felt hot breath on her skin, in her neck to be exact. Aron nuzzled his own nose on her skin which made Hae Ji shiver as if she was struck by electricity. “I miss you … I really miss you Hae Ji ..” she heard him whisper those words on the back of her ear. The female stopped fighting, her hands just stayed on her chest while Aron’s hands were wrapped around her waist. She can feel Aron’s arms wrapping him more, she can also feel Aron’s chest on her back, her heart beat faster.

“P-please .. don’t say that …” She said knowing that if this continue her heart will be only trapped between her feelings for him and her wish to forget him. She tried once again to move away but then Aron kept his arms around her waist tightly. “Please listen to me first.” Aron whispered behind her, she stopped once again to listen to the other’s words. “W-why … why are you with Hyungsik the night we went out for dinner?” he questioned. Hae Ji flinched from the bad memory she suddenly remembered because of that day. “Me … Hyungsik ..”The thought she wanted to express were a bit hard to translate into words, her lips kept on quivering because of Aron’s presence behind her.

“Please tell me … honestly … please why were you together the night of our date…” His voice was soft yet Hae Ji can feel the irritation of his in its every letter, Hae Ji’s hand clenched into a tight ball as she tries to suppress the anger welling inside her. “He saved me … “ The memory of her trapped in a very dark place once again fogged her mind, making all the feelings inside her turn into different shades of anger. “He saved me instead of you … instead of the man I love … instead of the man that I’m expecting to save me.” She continued before turning her head to Aron, she freed herself from his hands by collecting all her strength and broke his arms around her. Aron’s face changed, he was confused with what she was saying, saved her from what? “I was locked inside a shack because of my stupidity, I sent you a message, but you didn’t replied, I even called your number and yet you turned it off!! And after that I saw you with Jiyeon!” Tears fell from her face, she knows himself that she shouldn’t blame everything to him, but these things were really frustrating her, she wanted to end everything right here right now. “Please leave ….” She took the jacket that was sitting near her and threw it to him. “Please I’m begging you …” She whispered before pointing at the doorway, her finger was shaking.  “W-we … me and Jiyeon just met on ----“

“I love hyungsik …” Hae Ji cut his words with hers, Aron was shock from the confession she just made. “What …” Aron slowly stood up and walked towards her, step by step. Hae Ji backed away till her back touched the wall. Hae Ji bit her lips after saying a lie, she wanted to end everything between them even though it means that she needs to lie, she’ll do it. “I love hyungsik, we’ve been dating every week …” Aron was stupefied by her confession, her words only strengthened the words that Jiyeon planted inside his heart. “Don’t give me that Hae Ji! You only love me!” He pinned him on the wall by placing his hand just beside her head and leaned closer. He kissed her deeply making the female wince in anger and pain. She tried to force her away from him, but Aron was too strong for him. Hae Ji kept her lips closed, no matter what Aron did and because of that Aron stopped. When he leaned away he saw Hae Ji crying again, she suddenly fell down, her body was shaking and it’s all because of that he did.

“PLEASE LEAVE!!” Hae Ji cried, her piercing shout pulled Aron back to reality, he did something hideous to her, and of course once again he made her cry. “I-I’m sorry .. I didn’t mea---“ “LEAVE!” Hae Ji curled into a small ball with her back leaning on the small table beside her, she buried her face on her legs. Aron was paralyzed on his position. “I’m really sorry … I really am…” was his last words before he dashed away from her sight, leaving the door open as the male’s footsteps slowly being washed by the rain.