Chapter 19

Fate of two Lovers

 

 

 

 



 

“So what are you doing here?” Jiyeon shifted her weight into her heels and turned to the male that bothered her free time. She placed her hand on her waist and tilted his head on the opposite direction of her waist. “You should be with Hae Ji, comforting her, making her fall for you, making her forgot who Aron is.”She tapped the front of her heels on the ground impatiently.

The male stood there, his body stiffening from either the cold or the guilt that’s welling inside his heart. He bit his bottom lip, his fingers crossed behind him. A sigh escaped from the said male before talking. “Let’s stop this …” He whispered softly but seriousness was visible in it. Jiyeon’s face changed when a splash of irritation painted her blank face. “What?” She raised her brows as she slowly walk towards the male in front of her. She placed her soft hand on his shoulders, dusting an invisible dust on it. She leaned closer to his ear before breathing softly on it.

“What do you mean stop?” She ran her long nails on his hear then down to his neck, that trail ended on the middle of his chest before she walk away. “Look, all you need to do is fake everything, act, lie, that’s all!” She shouted the last words before twisting her body by her heels to face him. She closed her eyes to collect her posture again, once her breathing became normal again she opened her eyes then smiled. “We can’t just stop in the middle of the fight my dear friend,” She raised her fingers and made a gap between her thumb and her pointing finger. “We’re almost this close in winning this fight, MY fight … we can’t just give up.” She said in a tone of i-don’t-give-a-damn-about-you.

“But she’s hurting! She’s in pain every time I see her!” The male shouted making the female turn again towards him. “I DON’T CARE WHAT SHE FEELS!” Jiyeon retorted back before placing her hand on a nearby table, clenching it a bit to ease her anger. “Aron is MINE! Only mine!” Jiyeon is a very strong girl, she can take everything that fate will throw at her, but because of this personality of hers, her judgement between what’s good and what’s wrong were fogged. “If she didn’t come into the picture, Aron and I should be dating for real now!”

“And you! You were the one who called me first asking to help you to break the two! And now you’re the one who wants to stop everything!??”

“I … I was a fool back then, I was too immature and selfish, but after these months that we went out, everything became really clear to me … no matter what I do Hae Ji will never look at me like how she look at Aron!” Hyungsik’s words were true. One time when they went out for a date, Hae Ji fell asleep inside his car due to tiredness because of the things they did, and when Hyungsik was about to wake her up, Aron’s name slipped out of her lips. That’s when Hyungsik realized everything, that no matter what he do he can’t replace Aron inside Hae Ji’s heart, no matter how the female resent the him, he’ll always be the man that she loves. “I was a fool to ask your help … it only made Hae Ji suffer because of my stupidity!” Hyungsik walked towards her.

A crack of thunder crossed the skies painting everything in a shade of white. Jiyeon slapped the male which caused the him to stop his steps. Jiyeon looked at the male with pure anger on her face. But even though Jiyeon keeps on glaring at him, Hyungsik wants to straighten all the faults and mistakes he did, he wanted to help Hae Ji at all cost. He went closer to her and pulled her inside a hug.

He wanted to break this kind of illusion inside her mind, to pull her back to sanity but words can’t seem to reach that good. “Just leave him! Leave the two of them alone!” Hyungsik shouted, wishing that this time his words will reach her but then Jiyeon’s tears flowed on her tears as she hit Hyungsik’s chest with her.

“I … I just wanted to be happy!” She blurted out as she vents all her anger on Hyungsik. “I’ve never felt what love is, my past was not full of rainbows and happiness … NO ONE LOVED ME!” Her knees gave in and she fell on the floor, she placed her hands on her lap before looking up to Hyungsik again. “When I finally know what love is, I did everything to make him mine, I know what I did is wrong but … but I love him too much … I just can’t let go of him …” Her words became really soft as the rain goes with it. Hyungsik slowly kneeled in front of her, staring at the tears that were shedding from her round eyes. “I .. i maybe delusional but … before Aron met her, I believed that there’s a chance that Aron might love me back … that 1% chance is the only thing that I’m holding but now … everything came crushing down because of her!!” She covered her face, she doesn’t want to do things like this, to make Hae Ji suffer but she’s just a girl who longs for love, a love from the guy she loves the most.

“I just wanted someone to love me ….”