Chapter 13

Fate of two Lovers

 

Her body is shivering from the cold, fear and loneliness she felt around that time. No sign of light penetrated the darkness inside which only made her feelings worse. She pulled her phone from her side to check if Aron called her or even sent a message but she didn’t received one. She felt a bit hurt about it, but it’s the reality, she’s just a normal girl, it’s impossible for an idol like him. Her hand slowly slid down to her sides. She’s completely broken now, feeling a bit pathetic for having a tint of hope that maybe one day Aron can love her back.

 

~♣~

 

“I’ve already finished it Miss Jiyeon.” A voice became audible from the other line of the phone. “That’s good.” Jiyeon smirked and clicked the end button. When she saw the door opened and revealed Aron from it, she quickly hid her phone inside her bag and smiled as if nothing happened. “Oppa … I saw Hae Ji leaving the restaurant in a hurry.” She clasped her hands together and faked a concerned expression in front of him.

“W-why?” He suddenly asked. Why did Hae Ji left without even leaving a message for him? Why did she just left? “Hmmm she said about Hyungsik Oppa looking for her.” She lied again.

Aron became really confused because of the reason he heard from her. ‘Because Hyungsik called for her, she just left me here?’ He asked himself as he stares at Jiyeon who is busy admiring his features. “May I take my cellphone back?” He asked with his hand opened in front of her.

“Of course Oppa.” She placed Aron’s phone gently with an innocent smile on her face. “But I think the battery died.” She continued after placing the phone on his hand.

Aron took it and started examining it by flipping it and touching the screen. He thought that before he left his house, he made it sure that the batteries are full, but him being a bit innocent in his surroundings he believed what Jiyeon said and placed the turned off phone inside his pockets.

“So uhh … Hae Ji talked to you before she left?” He asked as he walks towards their table with Jiyeon just behind him.

Jiyeon hummed an affirmation as she cling to Aron once again, locking her arms to his. “Yes~ she really loves Hyungsik.” She suddenly blurted out which made Aron stopped his tracks.

Those words inflicted major pains inside his heart. Does Hae Ji really forget about him? Does she really loves Hyungsik now not me? Is it because I’m an idol? Those questions baffled his mind.

Jiyeon who was sensing her success, she ran her fingers on Aron’s face. “Oppa .. forget about her, she’s now happy with Hyungsik oppa.” She used her oh so innocent voice to him.

 

~♣~

 

 

Aron’s POV --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Is it true? … Is Hae Ji happier with him by her side not me? After the rooftop accident, I always wished for another chance like that. Just the two of us, no idol status, no crazy fans, no cameras … just me and the girl I cherish. The feeling of someone you love and seeing her with some other guy than myself breaks my heart into tiny pieces of glass.

But maybe fate really moves on its own, Me and Hae Ji will never be together. My gaze went immediately to Jiyeon, is she my destined partner? I sighed with that thought lingering inside my mind, I only see Jiyeon as my dongsaeng and nothing more, I don’t love her … like what she said in the interview.

I exhaled all my frustration and stress, my mood is spoiled right now and I just want a good night sleep. I took the bill from the nearby waiter and paid it, but something’s not right, my heart beats an irregular way, there’s something amiss around here, it felt like I am currently fooled with that thought inside my mind Jiyeon took my attention.

I turned to Jiyeon who is still batting her eyelashes. “Is there something wrong Oppa?” She asked me again, why do I keep having this kind of feeling whenever she’s staring at me with those innocent orbs of hers. The feeling that … she’s lying to me.

I examined her face, trying to find a tint of hint that can make me confirm this guy that I’m having right now, but all I see is the worried face she has. “Oppa, are you okay?” She asked me again, she’s really innocent and kind. I smiled at her words and patted her head softly. “I’m okay …” I lied.

There’s no way I’m okay. Hae Ji left me all alone without even bidding some goodbye.

 

~♣~

 

Third POV ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Aron sat on the chair with his thoughts currently confused while Jiyeon can sense the success right now. She placed her hand on Aron’s shoulder and squeezed it a bit. “Oppa … let’s go home now, my driver left because my father asked for him.” She lied. The truth is she sent her driver away so that Aron will be forced to accompany her.

The guy weakly nodded and stood up from the chair, he turned around and imagined him and Hae Ji sitting there, laughing together. That scene made him smile inwardly, though the pain inside his heart grew more so he quickly turned around and smiled at Jiyeon.

“Yes … let’s go.” His voice is really soft, it sounded like a whisper but Jiyeon didn’t mind it, because all she see now is the successful plan she just concocted earlier.

When the two of them finally stepped out of the restaurant, Aron’s uneasiness worsened. He clutched the fabric on his chest and turned suddenly to the path leading to the back side of the restaurant. “Something’s not right. Jiyeon wait here.” He said as he ran towards the dark side of the restaurant.

Somewhere inside his heart he can feel that the other part of it is somewhere near him and he have to find it, the one who holds the other side of his heart. Hae Ji.

 

~♣~

 

The sound of tweaking wood filled the still silence inside the shack. Where is her savior? She started to lose hope now. She blanklessly stares at the darkness in front of her. Her eyes finally adjusted with the darkness of it but I didn’t help her at all.

She leaned her head on her knees while drops of tears found its way down to the ground. is too dry now from the shouting she did.

When she was about to lose everything, the chains from the other side of the door suddenly started making some noise. Her head shot back up and looked at the door with a smile on her face. She felt like a zombie or a corpse who was revived by a sudden force. She stood up from the ground and hit the door with force. “A-a-aron?” She asked.

But no answer came from the other side of the door. After a few minutes of only sounds of chains answering her, the door swung open revealing a figure of a male in front of her. “You’re here!” She hugged her and buried her head on his chest. Hae Ji felt secured, happy and alive right now.

“Are you okay? Hae Ji?” Hae Ji raised her head and met eyes with the guy who rescued him. It’s Hyungsik.

“N-neh … T-t-thanks for saving me Hyungsik.” Her voice was shaking, all she can do now is to rely on Hyungsik’s strength so she wrapped her hands around his body as she felt her knees weaken and shake.

 

~♣~

 

From a distance, Aron can see the scene clearly. Hae Ji, the girl he loves is now inside Hyungsik’s arms. The happiness was clearly seen on Hae Ji’s face, and so as Hyungsik’s. With small steps, he retreated with Jiyeon following her with a smirk on her face.

“I told you, she’s happy with Hyungsik now.” She whispered right in front of his ears which sent chills in Aron’s spine.

Aron turned to Jiyeon with his lips curved into a smile but his eyes filled with tears of sadness. “You’re right Jiyeon .. they look so … happy right now.” His ability to think clearly is now shrouded with pain from the sight he just saw.

"Let's go now ..." Jiyeon took his hand and guided him away from the scene.
 


 

 

Author's note~

Haaa Updated again! sorry guys, school is really eating my time -coughliescough-

Anyways here it is, an update of this story ^^                 

comment please~