I'll Help You This Time

I Met a Guardian Angel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArFegdHsBpI


It was a cold Wednesday, Suho walked out of the school with his friends. "Yah, why do you look so tired?" D.O asked.
Suho sighed and rubbed his temple. "I've been up thinking a lot lately. And extra things," he said. He raised his head and looked at his friends. His friends eyes all widen when they saw the dark circles under Suho's eyes.
"Whoa. Hyung, you should go home," Chanyeol said.
Suho shook his head. "I'm fine..."

The 6 boys arrived at the cafe. "Boys, you're here, great. Today, Soojung will be training you," the manager said.
Suho blinked. "What about Eunbi?"
"Eunbi? She's working elsewhere. She just quit and found a different job. I think she's working at a restaurant that sells Korean Noodles just a block away?" the manager said. He looked at Suho. "You look tired... Why don't you go home and rest for the day?"
Suho nodded and left the cafe without another word.

You walked to the back of the cafe and got your things from your locker. "Eunbi! There you are!" You turned around and saw the manager and behind him, the 6 boys who had got the place populated. "Eunbi, are these your friends?" he asked.

You glanced at the boys and back at your manager. "No."
"Really? Well, guess what!" he said. You waited for him, but he said, "Don't guess. Next Monday, these boys are going to start working with us." Your eyes rounded. "On Monday, I'd like you to train these boys--"
"No need to. We're fully experienced," Suho said with a smile.
The manger grinned. "That's great! We'll see you 6 on Monday!" he said and walked away.

Suho turned to you with a big smile. You glowered at him. "Thanks to you. I have to find a new job," you said and walked away.

*I guess she wasn't kidding about finding a new job...* He walked around the block, and found a Korean noodle house at the end of the block. He walked inside and found the place filled with customers.
"Welcome! How many people are going to be dining?" a waitress asked. Suho held up one finger and the waitress led him to a table. "What will you be having?"
"Beef dumplings for now," he said. The waitress walked away.

A plate of beef dumplings set in front of him. Suho looked up and saw you. "Eunbi," he said.
You didn't look at him. "What do you want?" you growled.
Suho stayed silent for a while. "Why'd you quit working at the cafe?"
You looked at him. "Why are you asking?" Suho shrugged. You rolled your eyes. "I told you that I was going to find a new job. I wasn't joking."
"So it's kind of my fault?" he asked.

You shrugged. "I don't think so. I have other reasons to be switching jobs. Not everything is about you," you said. You turned and walked away.
Suho blinked. *Why isn't she bashing on me like usual?*

****

After eating, Suho waited outside until the place closed. At last, at 7 PM, the restaurant closed. You were the first to leave. Suho ran up to you as you walked away. "Eunbi!" he shouted.
You didn't wait or stop, but just kept walking away. Suho caught up to you and grabbed your arm. You glared at him. "What do you want?"
Suho slipped the two lunch boxes into your backpack. "Eat well," he said and walked away.
You blinked and looked in your bag. You pulled out the lunch box and looked at him. Shaking your head, you put it back and walked home.

Suho walked down the alley behind the restaurant and met the elder owner. "Excuse me, are you the owner?" Suho asked. The woman nodded in response. "I have some questions that I'd like to ask. It's about your new employee, Eunbi," he said with a smile.

****

Suho sighed as he sat down on his sofa.

"Is there a reason why Eunbi wanted to work here?" Suho asked.
The lady nodded. "I've known her since she was young. Her parents had left her and her brother. She switched to working here, because here, she earns money easier."
"What happened to her parents?"

She shrugged. "They left without an explanation. Ever since they left, Eunbi turned into a person who's always depressed or... Like the girl that you see today. She really cares for her brother more than anyone else. She's been going through dozens of jobs just to earn money for her and her brother. Before her parents left, her mother taught her how to cook one of her famous meals. But ever since they left, she and her brother has been eating just ramen and frozen meals. Eunbi refused to cook what her parents had taught her to cook. Once in a while, I'd bring some of my homemade dumplings and noodles from the restaurant for the two children to eat. On the days when Eunbi would go to school, but her brother is suspended, Daejung would come to this place. He really likes homemade food. Now that Eunbi works here, she can bring food from here so that she and her brother can eat. But Eunbi would only eat a little and save the rest for her brother. That's why she's so thin now," she said.

Suho stood up and grabbed his jacket.

****

Daejung watched as you walked around the kitchen. "Seriously? We ran out of ramen already?!"
"Suho hyung used it for the meal on Sunday," Daejung said. You sighed and rolled your eyes. Daejung looked at the lunch boxes on the counter. "Why can't we eat the food that he just gave you?"
You looked at him. "Because," you said.
"Because what? Noona! I'm starving here! Let's just eat the food he gave us!"

The doorbell rang. You sighed. "Daejung, get the door."
Daejung sighed and walked to the front door. He opened the door and his eyes rounded with joy. "Hyung!"
Suho smiled. "Is your sister here?" he asked.
"Yeah. She's in the kitchen. Now that you're here, can you cook me dinner?"

Suho chuckled and shook his head as he walked inside. "I won't. But someone else will," he said. "Come," he said as he walked into the kitchen.
You looked up and saw Suho. You glowered at him. "I thought I told you that you can't come back here," you said.
"You said it. But you're brother didn't. Besides, I'm not here to cook for you," Suho said.
"Aww..." Daejung said with a frown and left the kitchen.

You eyed Suho. "Then what are you here for?"
"The lady at the restaurant told me about you. You know how to cook, don't you?" Suho asked.
"Why are you asking?" you said as you glared at him.
"You didn't cook for your brother because the food that your parents showed you, reminded you about your parents and you didn't want to be reminded of them. Correct?" You didn't answer. "If you don't want to cook your parents old famous meals, then..." He paused. "I'll teach you. It's not like your parents taught you. So, maybe you can cook for your brother again if I teach you how to cook some of the meals that I know," he said with a smile.


​Short update. Still having writers block ;A;
Wow. It's only been a month of summer break. It feels like summer passed by already.