Chapter 8

My Guardians

 

“There has to be a way to let her stay! She’s my daughter!” KwangJoo was outraged.

“There isn’t! She’s human! How are you going to answer all the questions the public has?!” One of the council members shot out of his seat and said.

“Woohyun, there has to be a way! She’s is the only other heir to the family! Or are we going to end the Exotics after me?” The council sighed. They really couldn’t deal with his stubbornness anymore.

“We can’t keep taking risks! If the vampire race finds out she’s human, the Exotics are over. Send her somewhere, anywhere. Just don’t keep her here.” Another council member, Sunggyu said.

No.  She’s my daughter. For the past 11 years, I’ve left her alone with her mother. She is staying.” KwangJoo stepped closer to Sunggyu with every sentence.

“How are you going to explain where she came from? Why hasn’t she been here for the past 16 years? She’s not a runaway like you once were. She didn’t exist.” A voice said from the other side of the room.

‘Hoya? He’s always on my side.’ KwangJoo turned around, feeling a bit betrayed.

“Find the answer to these questions and then we’ll talk.” Hoya said as he got up.

“Good night sir.” The 7 council members said as they left. KwangJoo was left alone in the midst of his thoughts.

“I can’t let her go. She’s the only person I have left.” KwangJoo whispered to himself. “I need excuses.” KwangJoo got up and walked to his room. On his way, he heard someone in the kitchen. He walked over to the kitchen to see who was awake at this hour.

“Aish, jinja. How can a girl fall asleep so quickly after having a glass of milk?” A voice said. KwangJoo went into the kitchen to see if he really knew who it was.

“D.O?” KwangJoo saw KwangMi fast asleep on the counter and saw D.O just finish washing the dishes.

“Oh, Annyeohaseyo~.” D.O turned around and bowed.

“Why are you up so late at night?” KwangJoo raised an eyebrow.

“I couldn’t sleep. I ran into KwangMi on the way here, she couldn’t sleep either.  I made a glass of warm milk for both of us and she fell asleep in a matter of minutes.” D.O chuckled a bit. KwangJoo did too. “What about you sir?”

“I had a council meeting. I need to figure out a way to cover up KwangMi’s past; otherwise she won’t be able to stay.” D.O felt a pain in his heart at those last few words.

“Anything I can do to help sir?” D.O urgently did want to help. KwangMi just go here, but he had grown so attached by just watching from afar.

“Unless you can explain where KwangMi has been this whole time and where her mother is, without telling people she’s human, I don’t know how you can.” KwangJoo said dropping to the couch. D.O shrugged not finding the task so difficult.

“Why not say her mother died from a Striker attack and that she was living with her mother? It’s all true.” KwangJoo let out a light chuckle.

“Who was her mother? Why didn’t I reveal my family earlier?”

“Sir, why would you live in the past? What matters now is that KwangMi is here now. Her mother is dead; there is nothing that will change that. We have to prevent anyone else from getting hurt and keep the Exotics going for many more generations.” KwangJoo perked up at D.O’s wise words.

‘Avoiding the questions. Why didn’t I think of that?” KwangJoo thought feeling a bit stupid.

“D.O, I didn’t know you were this clever.” D.O shrugged and gave a small smile.

“There’s a lot of things people don’t know about me sir. You’re not alone.” D.O lifted KwangMi carefully, bridal style. KwangMi’s head fell to rest on D.O’s chest.

‘Yeppoda*.’ D.O thought gazing at her.

“You should put her to bed. Get some sleep yourself too.” KwangJoo snapped D.O back to reality even though he spoke softly.

“Neh. Good night.” D.O exited the room.

‘There’s a lot I have to learn about everyone.’ KwangJoo thought as he got up and departed the kitchen to go to his room.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

 

Hey everyone. I hope you're enjoying my fanfic ^.^ I might be a little late for the next few updates because one of my relatives died. So, sorry. Thanks you all for subscribing and commenting~~!!!

 

 

tumblr_m6ca4erbOh1qgkzcm.gif