Chapter 7

My Guardians

 

KwangMi tossed and turned in her bed.

‘This isn’t going to work.’ She thought as she got out from under her blankets and walked out the door. She bumped into someone.

‘Aish, what’s wrong with me?! Why do I keep bumping into people?!’

“Mianhaeyo.” KwangMi rubbed her tired eyes.

“Gwenchana. Why are you awake at this time of night anyway?” The person in front of her asked. She tried to figure out who it was but it was hard to do in the dark. However, his big eyes gave it away.

“I could be asking you the same thing, D.O Oppa.” KwangMi said surprising him.

‘How could she tell who I was in the dark?’ D.O thought, his eyes widened in surprise.

“Can you take me to the kitchen?” KwangMi asked bring D.O out of his thoughts. D.O nodded as he started walking.

“Wait for me! I can’t see!” KwangMi clung onto his arm. D.O tripped, but caught himself.

“Why would you do that in the dark?!” D.O scolded.

“Mianhae. Aish jinja.” KwangMi said the last part under her breath.

‘Umma.’ KwangMi thought as she stuck her tongue out at him.

“I saw that.” He said. “If only you weren’t the princess.” D.O shook his head. KwangMi pouted as D.O opened the door to the kitchen.

“Aigoo~. Don’t make that face.” D.O smiled. His big eyes disappeared and instead turned into slits and KwangMi found it hard to keep pouting. D.O gestured for KwangMi to sit.

“Would you like a cup of warm milk?” D.O offered. KwangMi nodded. D.O took two cups and started to pour milk into them.

“Ouch.” KwangMi whispered hoping D.O wouldn’t hear as she her index finger. D.O heard her small cry of pain, but the smell of her blood caught his attention more. He wanted it in one sniff. It smelled sweet and he thought it was making him crazy. He quickly heated the cups of milk up and put them on the counter. He grabbed a bandage and swiftly strode over to her.

“Give me your hand.” He ordered. KwangMi slowly showed him her hand. They saw the cut and the blood. D.O opened the bandage trying to resist the urge of bringing her hand to his lips. He unsteadily put the bandage around her injured finger. The cut was out of sight, but the smell of her blood lingered in the air.

‘Why is her blood so intoxicating?!’ D.O thought scolding himself. It was only usual for lovers to find blood attractive. It was a trait that brought them closer.

‘Guardians and royalty aren’t allowed. You know that D.O, yet why do thoughts of attraction dwell in your mind?’ D.O thought a bit disappointed.

“Gwenchana Oppa?” KwangMi approached him. D.O slightly nodded trying to convince himself more than anyone.

“Drink your milk.” He said holding it out to her. She took it and started to slowly drink. D.O took his and did the same.

‘Guardians and royalty aren’t allowed D.O.”