Chapter 16

My Guardians

 

Luhan came running in holding his shoulder in pain.

“Lay, I think I dislocated my sho-” Luhan started. “What happened?” Luhan asked confused seeing everyone’s perplexed faces.

“KwangMi got her powers.” Suho answered shocked.

“A-And I killed a Striker.” KwangMi grew pale. She couldn’t believe she killed something. Luhan found the dead Striker on the ground. KwangMi looked so lost.

‘It all probably happened too quickly for her.’ Luhan thought sympathetically.

“Come here.” Lay called.

“Who?” Luhan asked.

“Both of you.” Suho answered. Luhan walked slowly and painfully to Lay. KwangMi walked even more slowly, like she was a zombie. Luhan went to Lay and KwangMi sat near Suho.

“Are you okay?” Luhan asked concerned. KwangMi’s face was blank and she wore no expression. KwangMi quickly snapped back into reality.

“Y-Yeah, I’m fine.” KwangMi weakly smiled. Luhan started to move his shoulder as Lay removed his hands from it.

“Gomawo Lay.” He said as he started to go back.

“Wait, I want to go with you.” KwangMi shot up from her seat.

“No KwangMi. You’re father died and so did your mother. If you die too…” Suho didn’t want to finish his sentence.

“Suho Oppa, they killed my father and mother. I have my power now too.” KwangMi said. Suho gave in; she would go with or without his consent. He sighed.

“Luhan, you and Exo better keep an eye on her. Always stay near here. If things get too out of hand get Kai to bring her back immediately, understand?” Lay looked surprised by Suho’s decision. Luhan nodded and took KwangMi with him.

‘Finally, I’m in the battle. The Strikers are going to pay for taking my family away from me.’ KwangMi thought clenching her fists. Yongguk was the first Striker to notice KwangMi walk in behind Luhan. He put his hand up and the fighting began to slow down until it fully stopped.

“Well, what have we here?” Yongguk smirked. Luhan took KwangMi’s hand.

“Don’t ever let go.” He fiercely whispered. KwangMi nodded in fear of Yongguk.

“What is she doing here?!” Baekhyun whispered. Exo stiffened. They couldn’t protect the king, how were they supposed to protect KwangMi? Yongguk took a step forward. Exo got into their battle stances.

Don’t take one more step towards her.” Chanyeol ordered. Yongguk lifted his hands up and stepped back, acting innocent. Exo relaxed just a bit.

“Now why’d you come here Princess? Did you think we’d let you because you’re young? You see him? He was younger than you, but your guardians killed him!” Yongguk pointed to Zelo. She could see a fatherly kind of hurt on his face.

“Did you think we’d let you go?” Yongguk barked. KwangMi shook her head.

“I came because you killed my family. I didn’t have my father when I came into the world. I just got him and you took his away from me forever. I’ve only been with him for a few weeks.” KwangMi choked on her words. Luhan heard her try to fight her tears and squeezed her hand to comfort her. Yongguk smirked unaffected by her words.

“You’ll reunite with him soon. You can be with him forever.” Yongguk said making the battle start up again. KwangMi started to fight too. She could see everyone was surprised, even the Strikers.

‘I guess they knew I didn’t have powers.’ KwangMi thought as a dead striker fell to the floor. She could see everyone having a hard time, especially D.O.

Strikers kept attacking him. He was fighting the most Strikers and he was out of strength, but no one saw him in trouble; everyone else was fighting their own battles. KwangMi stretched her hands out in an attempt to try and help him. However, someone caught her wrists to prevent her from doing so.

“Watch princess. It’ll make up for you missing out on your father.” Yongguk whispered into her ear. She struggled to try to get out of Yongguk’s grip but his grip was too strong. She panicked as she saw D.O get thrown to the ground.

‘Scream!! Scream!!’ Everything in her body wanted her to; but no sound came from her. Earth stopped flying around like it once did. He was too weak to fight any longer. Finally, one of the Strikers grabbed his neck and it was the end of him. She saw D.O die the same way her mother did.  His neck was cracked by a Striker and his lifeless body was just left on the ground, rejected.

NO!” KwangMi finally screamed and tears rolled down her face. Sehun finally fought off the Striker that challenged him and pushed Yongguk away with a gust of air. She fell to the floor and felt her heart break. Blood rushed through KwangMi’s brain and her heartbeat raced. The ground started to shake, the wind started to pick up and the branches started to move wildly. Exo scrambled behind KwangMi terrified. The Strikers gathered together. A force field covered Exo and the castle, even Suho and Lay. It protected her father’s dead body along with D.O’s.

“Retreat!” Yongguk panicked. At those words, braches surrounded all the Strikers from the neck down. They struggled and tried to get out, but couldn’t; even with their great strength.

“Don’t worry; it’ll hurt only for a bit longer. This will make up for killing my parents and D.O.” KwangMi said her voice shaky. She tightened her grip. One by one, the Strikers lost their breath and died. Their lifeless bodies were left on the ground and were rejected. The wind didn’t even move them. Yongguk was the only living Striker now.

“Princess, wait, no. I-I’ll do anything.” Yongguk tried to negotiate.

“Can you bring back my mother or father or D.O?” KwangMi asked annoyed with his voice. Yongguk fearfully shook his head.

“Then you’re useless and unwanted.” Yongguk panicked. “At least now you’ll be with you’re young friend.” KwangMi said as she tightened her grip until Yongguk’s body relaxed. KwangMi slowly calmed down as did the wind. The force field started to disappear. Exo looked at KwangMi in disbelief. KwangMi silently cried. Tao hesitantly walked towards her and tried to comfort her.

“Sshh, it’s okay. You did well.” Tao said trying to comfort her. KwangMi continued to cry into his chest. Lay came with Suho who recovered for the most part from his injuries.

“What happ-” Suho started to say until he saw D.O’s lifeless body. “D-D.O died?” He ended up saying. Everyone slowly and painfully nodded. Suho felt tears form in his eyes, but forced them back.

‘No.’ Lay thought.

“I could’ve kept him alive. If only I was a second faster.” KwangMi blamed herself.

“He died protecting you; he died how he was meant to died.” Tao her hair.

‘Exo is meant to die because of me?’ KwangMi thought. The tears didn’t stop falling.

 ‘Eventually, I will really lose everything I care about, won’t I?’

‘KwangMi and D.O were so close. How- why- what? This can’t be true; he can’t be dead.’ Suho thought.

‘D.O loved her.’