Chapter 35

My Guardians

 

It was written officially and signed by the Queen and Prince, but when all seemed to be over, one questions lingered in the crowd’s minds.

“Who is the guardian you fell in love with?” One person stood up and asked. KwangMi smiled and looked at D.O. His face was covered by his hands, but KwangMi still knew he would be blushing. KwangMi chuckled to herself finding his action to be cute and nevertheless expected.
 

“I’d have to ask him first right?” KwangMi chuckled. “For that decision, I can’t be quite as impulsive.”
 

“AWW~” The crowd sang together, causing KwangMi to blush as well.
 

“This meeting is now over. Thank you.” KwangMi said smiling brightly. One would think her happiness was contagious, why seeing the way the crowd was glowing as they exited the room, how could one not think that? KwangMi got up before Lay and headed out first leaving him behind. She took a seat backstage for no apparent reason and just sat there swinging her legs, her smile only getting brighter. Lay sat near and shared in her joy.
 

‘I don’t think I’ve seen KwangMi happier.’ Lay thought. KwangMi was originally a bright, positive and a certainly peppy person, but those words couldn’t express the emotions she was experiencing.
 

“Come on Lay Oppa~ Let’s go home! We’re the only people left here~” KwangMi jumped put of her seat and said. Lay chuckled and got up.
 

“Come on.” He said taking her hand and racing out of the door.
 

“Oppa~! Calm down! I’m in heels!” KwangMi complained until she fell into someone’s arms.
 

“Lay Oppa~! How could you just drop me like that?!” She whirled around embarrassed and scolded him.
 

“It’s not like I haven’t caught you before.” Someone put his hand on KwangMi’s shoulder and twirled her around. His smile caused his big eyes to disappear. Lay slipped out of the room secretly without the couple noticing.

“D.O Oppa.” She whispered not expecting him to be there. He waved at her as to greet her.

“Annyeong~!” His childish side was showing. A smile automatically started to grow upon her face. It was a bit awkward between the two considering the events that took place today, neither person knew what to do or what to say.

“KwangMi” D.O whispered his childish self starting to disappear. “Saranghae.” He let go of her shoulder and instead held her hand. The tingly feeling she felt the first time he said that came back and the sensation grew when his lips met her’s again. The familiar touch felt new, but had the same warmth to it. KwangMi closed her eyes and kissed him back, knowing it was okay; there was no law keeping them apart. She wrapped her arms around D.O’s neck as he wrapped his around her waist and pulled her in just a bit closer.

“Nado saranghae.” KwangMi said when the kiss broke. The door suddenly swung open and Sehun fell in his eyes wide.

“Hyungs~! That wasn’t very nice!” Sehun blushed a dark red.

“We’re you spying o us?!” D.O yelled. KwangMi laughed. “You find this amusing?!” He turned to KwangMi his face as red as Sehun’s, if not more. KwangMi just continued to laugh as the rest of Exo piled into the room.

“I wasn’t alone D.O hyung! They were all there and then they pushed me in! I promise!” Sehun whined. D.O sighed in defeat.

“Hyungs~” D.O complained.

“Mianhae, mianhae.” Kris put his hands up guiltily. “We shouldn’t have peeked.” Kris chuckled. D.O flushed red and buried his head into his hands. KwangMi chuckled.

“Gwenchana Oppa. If they annoy you just tell me,” KwangMi said. “I can always just fire them and get the whole country to hate them, make them homeless and run them out of the country.” KwangMi was joking, but she kept a straight face making her threat seem serious. The laughing stopped and all eyes looked at KwangMi.

“What?” She innocently asked. “I’m kidding!”