Chapter 23

My Guardians

 

 

KwangMi woke the smell of a delicious breakfast in the air. Exo had tried to make a breakfast while D.O was gone, but it didn’t smell quiet as good. She rushed out of bed in hope of D.O’s delicious breakfast once again.

“Good morning~!” She sang as she skipped into the kitchen.

“Good morning!” Everyone in the kitchen replied. KwangMi scanned the room to find only 11 Exo members in the kitchen.

“Where’s Suho Oppa?” KwangMi asked taking a seat. Everyone shrugged.

“He ate breakfast and said he had to figure something out.” Luhan said.

“It seems almost impossible to have a meal with all 12 of you now.” KwangMi said taking her food. Exo chuckled at her response.

“How is it KwangMi?” D.O asked hopefully. “Have I lost my touch?” KwangMi shook her head.

“It’s delicious.” KwangMi happily said. D.O smiled pleased with her reply.  They acted as though nothing had happened and both of them hid their necklaces, but their mutual feelings for each other kept them together. As all of them were having fun, Suho was having a mental breakdown.

‘Sungjong said something had to be here! Where?!’Suho angrily thought closing a drawer. Suho looked everywhere he thought something important would be, but he found nothing about KwangMi or Lay. He found a book lying under KwangJoo large piles of papers.

‘It’s an old photo album.’ Suho thought sitting down and looking through it. He found himself smiling at the black and white pictures of KwangJoo and Soomi. He was always a cheerful man, but he was happier when he thought of his family. He suddenly saw a shocking picture. It was of KwangJoo and Soomi of course, but in this picture he was holding a baby.

‘That’s not possible, KwangJoo left before KwangMi was born.’ He flipped the page once more and there was a small boy, about 4 years old, KwangJoo and Soomi. By looking at SooMi’s big belly, you could tell she was pregnant. He took the picture out of its slot and looked at the back.

  February 15, 1996, it read.

‘KwangJoo came back in March! This was taken almost a month before he left. The baby SooMi is pregnant with must be KwangMi!’ Suho thought.

‘But… the boy?’ Suho got up and followed his instincts. He knocked on the door to Lay’s room.

“Oh Suho, what’s up?” Lay opened the door with a smile.

“Do you have a picture of you from when you were younger by any chance?” Suho asked. Lay looked at Suho confused.

“Please?” Suho begged. Lay gave a slight nod as he went back into his room to go look for one. Suho didn’t have to wait for very long.

“It’s from when I was really young. It’s the only picture I have of my younger self. Please take good care of it.” Lay pleaded.

“I will. Thank you.” Suho said gratefully.

“Why do you need it?” Lay questioned before Suho left.

“I’m not so sure yet, but I promise I’ll be able to tell you soon.” Suho assured. Lay trusted Suho and went back into his room. Suho inspected the picture on his way there, but he wasn’t sure if the boy was Lay. He quickly got the photo album again and flipped to the page. He placed the two pictures next to each other and inspected the boy in each picture carefully.  

‘They look somewhat alike…’ Suho thought, trying to cheer himself up. He let another outburst of frustration put of his mouth and slammed the photo album shut. The book fell and so did some of the pictures. Suho calmed down and picked up all the pictures that fell. However, he found something else the pile.

‘It’s a letter.’ Suho thought opened the unsealed envelope. He started to take the paper that was in it out, but hesitated.

‘I could get into trouble for doing this. KwangJoo may be deceased, but he still was the king.’ Suho stopped himself from reading the letter. He finished organizing the pictures, but he still held the envelope. His curiosity got the better of him and he opened the envelope again. This time he didn’t think twice about taking the actual letter out.

To: Zhang Yi Xing

The neat handwriting read.

‘Zhang Yi Xing? Who’s that? And isn’t that a Chinese name?’ Suho thought opening the letter.

Dear Yi Xing,

            But, you don’t know yourself as that do you? I wish to explain this to you, this being your life. You’re my son, yes, KwangMi’s brother and half-human. I’ve had no relations with any other woman besides Soomi. You must’ve gotten this letter from the council, or perhaps you found it yourself. You are a bright child, maybe a bit forgetful, but nevertheless intelligent.

‘So, this Yi Xing guy is KwangMi’s brother?!’ Suho thought wide- eyed and continued to read the letter.

                Let me start from the beginning. When you were born, I was a runaway prince. It had been about a year since I had run away and people were starting to forget who I was. I decided to start anew. I changed my name to Jung KwangJoo instead of ‘Zhang’. Your grandfather was Chinese, that where the name ‘Zhang’ came from. Your mother, Kim SooMi, insisted for me to keep the family name going, so I named you Zhang Yi Xing. Later when you were four, your grandfather died and I thought it was time to go home. I told my brother Myungsoo my journey for the past year. My brother and I were extremely close. I couldn’t return with a child, otherwise scandals would form. Your name was then changed to Lay.

Suho continually read that line over and over. His question was answered.

“KwangMi and Lay are siblings?” Suho whispered to himself. 

 

 


Hehe baby-kangaroo was right ^__^ KwangMi and Lay are siblings. Everything you said was right but one thing. I can tell you, because it won't be included in any of the chapters later. KwangMi isn't supposed to be queen not because she's female, but because she's younger than Lay. I was spazzing out when I read the comment. I'll show you my reaction through  multiple gifs:

tumblr_m703aeG23U1qgkzcm.gif

tumblr_m7045noOc41qgkzcm.gif

 

tumblr_m63qm0gBEt1qgkzcm.gif

tumblr_m6yb7kZpXF1qgkzcm.gif

Yeah... So as you can see I was very happy. hehe ^.^ Thank you guys for all supporting me I have like 41 subscribers to this story and I'm so happy~!!

tumblr_m3q40adBT41qgkzcm.gif

tumblr_m5evmoMuKF1qgkzcm.gif

tumblr_lvlc4k3jag1qgkzcm.gif

Okay. I'm done with the spam... Sowwy