Chapter 30

My Guardians

 

                A few days later, the castle was busy with last minute preparations for Lay’s ordination as prince. It would be a bit different from KwangMi’s installation, considering the fact that both the ceremony and the conference would both happen on the same day; first, the ceremony, and then the conference.

 
“Why is the ceremony first? Shouldn’t the conference happen first?” Lay asked KwangMi.


“On usual circumstances, but there’s a bit more to the conference than just explaining how you’re Prince.” KwangMi said.


“You’re going to change that law right?” Lay blurted. KwangMi raised an eyebrow. “‘Guardians and royal aren’t allowed to have relations.” Lay turned around and faced her. “You’re going to change it.” KwangMi nodded.


“How’d you know?”


“I may have listened to your meeting with the council.” Lay blushed and said. KwangMi smiled.


“You know you’re allowed into those things right? If you just opened the door, you could’ve stayed without anyone saying anything.” KwangMi informed him

.
“Really?! I thought I could only come in if you let me since you’re at a higher place of authority.”


“Well, I could always send you out, but you can come in.” KwangMi smiled. A lady approached her and bowed.


“Queen, it’s time for you to get ready.” The lady said. KwangMi nodded.


“You get ready too Lay. Don’t be too nervous. I’ll take care of everything I promise.” KwangMi said before she left. Lay sheepishly nodded.


‘I thought I hid my nervousness pretty well.’ Lay thought. This time, a man came and bowed to Lay.


“Prince, your room awaits you.” The man said. Lay got up and followed the man.


‘It feels a bit awkward for me to be pampered like this.’ Lay said as someone experimented with his hair.


            In about an hour or so, both KwangMi and Lay were ready. They were taken to the place where the ceremony was being held. They went at different times and didn’t get to see each other. Neither of them got a chance to see Exo either. KwangMi arrived first, and people immediately crowded her, trying to ask her questions. She easily ignored them and went backstage. Lay came soon after her. Everyone looked at the handsome man walking past them in awe. No one took picture of him beside a few girls who giggled after. He met with KwangMi backstage. KwangMi’s mouth hung open at seeing her brother.


“Wow, you look amazing.” KwangMi said surprised. “You’re not supposed to look better than me you know that? It’s rude.” Lay tugged on the sleeves to his expensive suit shyly.


“You look pretty too.” Lay said his face red.


“KwangMi! Wear your crown!” Sunggyu said handing it to her.


“Alright Sheesh. Calm down.” KwangMi murmured.


“Do I get one?” Lay whispered softly. KwangMi nodded.


“You get one today.” The council gestured KwangMi to go on stage.


“Okay! Gosh, calm down. They’re more worried than me!” KwangMi said to Lay. Lay nervously smiled.


“You’ll do fine. Have faith in yourself.”KwangMi said. Lay’s nervous face didn’t change. “Then have faith in me. I said I would take care of everything right?” Lay smiled. KwangMi hugged him and went on stage to get things going. Lay took a deep breath as he saw KwangMi gesture for him to come on stage.