Chapter 17

My Guardians

 

Soon, everyone went inside. It was early morning, but too early even for the sun. No one felt the least bit tired.

“Milk?” Baekhyun held a warm glass out to her. She smiled just a bit as she took the glass with both hands and let it warm her up.

‘D.O Oppa would probably be the one to give me milk.’ She thought holding back tears. She slowly drank the milk and rested her head on Xiumin’s shoulder. Her eyes slowly closed and her breathing was even. Exo wanted to bring her to her room, but they didn’t have enough energy to. Exo fell asleep near KwangMi in the living room. The 11 members left of Exo was the only family she had left.

Where’s the king?!” Sunggyu startled everyone awake.

“My father?” KwangMi slowly questioned rubbing her eyes. Sunggyu impatiently tapped his foot.

“K-King Jung KwangJoo has passed from this Earth.” Suho officially said. Sunggyu stopped tapping his foot. Anger rose in all 7 council members

“You let another Exotic died?!” Dongwoo yelled.

“Leave. Pack your bags and leave.” Woohyun ordered.

“What?! No!” KwangMi shot up from her seat.

“KwangMi, its one thing to let the King’s brother die.” L said looking at Exo-M. “But letting the King die is an even bigger problem.”

“Pack your bags and leave.” Sunggyu ordered.

No.” KwangMi coldly said. They’re the only family I have left. If you take them away, I’m leaving too.” Sunggyu sighed and made an annoyed face.

“Aish, jinja. Why do you and your father get so attached to people so easily?” KwangMi smiled at his comment.

“We find the good in people. My mother too.” Sunggyu gave her a sarcastic smile.

“Come on, we have to discuss you becoming queen now.” Sungjong said with a genuine smile and wink, causing Exo to scoff.

“Queen?!” KwangMi’s eyes widened.

“Neh, your dad died and you are the heir. You need to become queen now.” Sungyeol explained.

“B-B-But I’m too young!”

“You’re never too young to be royalty.” Hoya said. KwangMi looked back at Exo, hoping they would help her out, but they encouraged her to become queen. KwangMi reluctantly went the council.

‘I’m going to be queen?!’ KwangMi looked back at Exo again.

“Where’s Lay Oppa?” KwangMi asked. Everyone looked at each other and shrugged.

“We’ll look for him. You get cleaned up and go with the council.” Kris said.

“Ani! I want to help look for him too.” KwangMi whined.

“KwangMi.” Suho said softly.  KwangMi didn’t reply, nor did she move.

“Come on. Go get washed up.” Sungjong said. KwangMi didn’t budge.

“We’ll find Lay, I promise.” Chen said. KwangMi could tell he meant his words. She looked at the remaining Exo members and could tell they were worried for Lay as well. She hesitantly move her feet and went up to the bathroom.

“Why is she so attached to Lay? I feel like they’re always together.” Kai mumbled. The council members looked at each other causing Suho to look weirdly at them.

“You should go find him. KwangMi would be mad if you didn’t.” L said as the council members walked away. Exo got up and bowed respectfully as the council walked out of the room.

‘They know something about Lay and KwangMi.’ Suho thought suspiciously.

 

 


You guys should anticipate the next chapters, just saying. It's just i'm crying whilst writing it. Omgosh I'm sorry, I just am. 

tumblr_m3u1izfutq1qgkzcm.gif

Oh, and I should say, I feel REALLY REALLY bad for killing D.O because he's my bias. In my draft I killed Kai, I don't know how it went from like 4th on my bias list to my ultimate bias in EXO. I don't understand my brain. But you'll understand why I had to in the next chapters~!!!

tumblr_m37m69Ttjr1qgkzcm.gif