Chapter 13

My Guardians

 

“The Strikers are impulsive. They would probably try to ambush us. It’s not unlikely.” Woohyun shrugged.

“But they’ve always done it in broad daylight. I suggest sending Kris out to wait until they come.” KwangJoo said.

“I agree, but we should wait a few days. From the distance we can seem we usually have about 10 minutes to prepare.” Hoya said.

“How long do you suggest we wait?” KwangJoo asked.

“Wait until the end of the week. By then, he should be fine working on his own.” Sunggyu said.

“The end of the week?! You yourselves said the Strikers were impulsive! I would say 2 days!” KwangJoo argued.

“Do you think he would be ready in 2 days sir?” Dongwoo asked.

“He’s ready now! Have you seen his work in the practice room?! He does everything extraordinarily and you say he wouldn’t be ready in 2 days?!”

“He’s not ready mentally.” L said.

“What? He’s Exo-M’s leader! He’s the strongest mentally out of all of Exo-M!”

“He should be, but he, being the leader also makes him the most fragile.” Sunggyu pointed out.

“What? How?” KwangJoo simmered down and started to actually listen to what they were saying.

“Sir, the incident with your brother lingers in his heart. He’s scared he’ll fail in being your guardian too.” Sungyeol said. KwangJoo still looked confused.

“Being the leader makes it easy for him to blame himself. He was appointed as leader because Myungsoo trusted him. With him dead, Kris probably feels like he betrayed Myungsoo.” Sunggyu said. Kwangjoo finally understood what Kris must be going through.

“We’ll wait until the end of the week, but no longer.” KwangJoo agreed. The council nodded and they started to plan for the end of the week.

 


I just made 2 short chapters. Wow. I . I promise the next one will be longer. Sorry guys!!