Chapter 5

My Guardians

 

The car ride was very awkward. No one said anything. Worry filled KwangMi’s mind. What if the vampire society didn’t accept her? What would KwangJoo say about her? And wasn’t she getting guardians now? KwangMi glanced over at Luhan. He was looking out the window. His face was slightly pale and his chestnut, brown hair was swept to the side. He looked innocent and fragile.

‘Is he one of my guardians?’ KwangMi thought. She gave a small chuckle at the thought. Luhan looked up and saw KwangMi looking at him. KwangMi looked away shyly, but still saw Luhan smirk. KwangJoo saw this and raised an eyebrow.

‘I will never understand the younger generation.’ He gave a small sigh. In a few minutes they all arrived at the castle. KwangMi stared in awe.

“Whoa. It’s GINORMOUS!” KwangMi showed with her hands. Luhan could see a spark of child in her eye and chuckled along with KwangJoo.

“So, I’m guessing you like it?” KwangJoo acted uncertain. KwangMi nodded vigorously.

“Come on, let’s go inside.” KwangJoo said taking the lead. KwangMi obediently followed, not taking her eyes off the building in front of her.

“Close your mouth. You might attract flies.” Luhan chuckled as he passed her. Embarrassed, KwangMi shyly closed .

“Yah*! Don’t laugh at me!” KwangMi pouted. Luhan stopped on his tracks and turned around slowly and dramatically.

“Yah? Did you just ‘yah’ me?! I’m older than you, you know that?”Luhan’s eyes flickered with fury, making KwangMi flinch.

‘Pretty boy has a bad side?! And he’s older than me?! He looks right about my age!’

“Well, I’m the princess.” KwangMi stuck her tongue out at him. Luhan took a step forward.

“Then you, of all people should show manners.” Luhan said. He his heels and caught up with KwangJoo.

‘Sheesh, Mr. Angelic-Faced-Oldie can’t take a joke?’ KwangMi sighed as she caught up with the two men. They walked for a while.

“Where are we g-“Kwangmi started, but was interrupted by Kwangjoo.

“We’re here! You’re room Kwangmi~!” At those words, KwangMi dashed inside the room. There was a queen bed in the center and a lamp on top of a table next to it. There was a tall dresser near the wall. She found a dresser with a mirror next to where she was standing. The room was nice overall. It was better than anything KwangMi had ever seen.

“Is it nice?” Kwangjoo asked. Kwangmi nodded and smiled.

“Arraso, unpack. I want to introduce you to some people in a little while.” Kwangjoo said satisfied. KwangMi nodded and started to close the door.

“Nice to meet you, Oppa.” Kwangmi emphasized the last word. Luhan smirked satisfied.

“The pleasure is all mine, Princess.” Luhan did the same and bowed. She laughed a bit until she realized he called her princess just to annoy her. Luhan winked and skipped away.

“Don’t call me princess!” KwangMi yelled as she shut the door. She sighed.

‘I’m not so sure he’s older than me.’ She thought as she started to unpack. KwangMi was very careful as to where she put everything. She was a very organized 16 year old. She looked at her empty bag and smiled satisfied as she sat on her bed. She grabbed the book she brought with her from the table next to her and started to read. She was endorsed in her book in a short amount of time. There was a light knock on the door that Kwangmi easily ignored. Yet, the knocking didn’t stop. It gradually got louder. KwangMi, who was easily annoyed, took a deep breath.

“Come in!” She barked not looking up from her book. KwangJoo walked in with 12 boys following him.

“Yah! You couldn’t have said that earlier?!” He was just about as easily annoyed as KwangMi.

“Yeah, sure.” KwangMi mumbled.

‘Aish, jinja. This girl.’ Kwangjoo made a face.                          

“These are your new guardians. Can you try to learn their names?” KwangJoo pleaded. KwangMi mumbled something else. KwangJoo shrugged and looked at the boys.

“Annyeohaseyo. Exo- K’s Suho-imnida. I posses the power to control water.” KwangMi nodded not looking up from her book.

“Exo-M Xiumin-imnida. I posses the power to freeze things.” KwangMi nodded again.

“Annyeohaseyo, Exo-M Tao-imnida. I can control time.” KwangMi suddenly looked up from her book.

‘T-time control? Maybe… he could help.’ Tao stood up straight after his bow.

“Wait, so what exactly can you do with time?” KwangMi suddenly asked. Everyone looked surprised.

“I can freeze time and go back a few hours…” Tao’s voice trailed off. His slightly high pitched voice didn’t suit his scary face.

“Can you take me back to before my mom died?” KwangMi unexpectedly asked with much hope. Tao slowly and apologetically shook his head.

“Wow, nice.” KwangMi said sarcastically. KwangJoo shot her a look, but she didn’t see it.

“Yah! KwangMi! Be respectful!” Kwangjoo yelled.

“I didn’t say anything bad!” KwangMi retaliated. Tao however looked a bit hurt by her comment. It wasn’t his fault her was inexperienced. He had to start guarding the Exotics while he was still in high school and he was still learning a lot. KwangJoo strode over to KwangMi; anger could be seen on every inch of his face. He grabbed her wrists and tightened his grip.

“Don’t say things like that ever again, understand?!” He fiercely whispered into her ear. Pain and fear ran through her body as she nodded nervously. In his anger he slammed her body against the wall. His strength was amazing. It was greater than human strength, even greater than vampire strength.

‘He’s super strong?!” KwangMi thought as she winced in pain even after the contact with the wall.

“Lay, fix her up. I’m sorry for losing my temper. Maybe you’ll get closer as time goes on.” KwangJoo’s anger subsided. He was back to his normal self went her left the room and shut the door. The boys scrambled to help KwangMi up onto the bed. She cried in pain, every move she made.

“You’re father has an awfully short temper.” A person from above her said.

“I’m Lay from Exo-M. My power is healing.” He said smiling. A dimple appeared on his cheek. For some reason, the rest of the guardians stayed too.  Lay rubbed her back, which made Kwangmi give another outburst in pain.

“All your cuts and bruise are on your back. Do you mind if I…” Lay became very shy as he pointed to her shirt.

“I don’t care! Just please! Make the pain go away!” KwangMi cried. Lay nodded and continued his procedure. Light glowed from his hands as he worked his magic. The bruises and cuts started to disappear, leaving maybe a small pink scar if it was big.

“Done.” Lay said as his hands stopped glowing and he stood up straight.  KwangMi pushed herself off the bed and felt no pain. It scared her a bit. Everyone started to walk out.

“Wait!” KwangMi yelled, stopping the boys. She sat up straight on her bed.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to be that rude, especially to you Tao.” Everyone’s expression softened.  Tao stepped towards KwangMi. He embraced her into a hug. Her eyes widened in surprise as did everyone else’s.

‘Is he allowed to do that?!’ The guardians thought in panic.

“It’s okay. I understand. You’re going through hard times.” Tao said comforting her. KwangMi’s eyes started to become moist as she hugged back. The hug soon broke and all eyes were on KwangMi. She started to blush because of how awkward she felt.

“Ummm…. So does anyone else want to make introductions?” KwangMi asked trying to make conversation.

“I-I’m Sehun, from Exo-K. I control the wind.” Sehun shyly said pointing to himself. KwangMi smiled and waved. She found his lisp cute.

“I’m Exo-M’s leader Kris.” His voice was pretty low and it gave KwangMi the chills. “I can fly.” She gave a scared smile.

“Annyeohaseyo. Exo-K D.O imnida. I can control the Earth.” D.O gave a charming smile that made his big eyes turn into slits. KwangMi automatically smiled back at how adorable he was.

“Annyeohaseyo. Exo-K’s Chanyeol imnida. I can control fire.” His low voice didn’t match his cute face. He smiled and gave KwangMi a small wink. KwangMi slightly blushed and shyly smiled back.

“Annyeohaseyo gongju. I’m Chen from Exo-M. I can control lighting.” Chen looked a bit dark and mysterious. He seemed like he would be a person who only played by the book. Well, KwangMi thought that at first, until he smiled. His smile was adorable. Kwangmi just wanted to squish his cheeks. Instead, she smiled sweetly, resisting the urge. A person next to him had a small smirk. KwangMi turned her gaze to him before he even started to speak.

“Annyeohaseyo. Exo-K’s Kai imnida.” He said and looked at someone else.

“Kai? What is your power?” KwangMi giggled.

“Hm? Oh! I can teleport.” He started to poke the side of his mouth shyly. KwangMi smiled trying not to laugh.

“Annyeohaseyo! Exo-K’s Baekhyun imnida!” He said with ageyo. KwangMi made a face to show she was scared. Everyone started to laugh and Baekhyun blushed.

“And finally?” Kris said turning his face towards Luhan.

“Oh, we’ve already met.” Luhan said to Kris’s surprise. KwangMi nodded.

“Well, not technically. I don’t know your name. I don’t know your power either.” KwangMi shrugged. Luhan sighed in disbelief. They’ve spent the whole morning together and she didn’t know this information?

“I’m Exo-M’s Luhan. I have telekinesis Remember that okay?” He ordered. KwangMi flinched a bit and nodded. Kris glared at him.

“Exo-K and Exo-M! Come down and help with dinner!” A voice yelled. The boys dropped their heads all at the same time.

“We’re also part of the castle’s staff.” Suho sighed.

“We’ll call you for dinner okay princess?” Chen said before they all exited the room.

“Wait!” KwangMi yelled preventing them from leaving the room.

 “Don’t call me princess. It’s weird.” KwangMi shivered.

“Then what do we call you?” Sehun asked innocently.

“KwangMi. It’s my name for a reason.” She smirked.

“And you’re all older than me right?” They all nodded.

“So you’re my Oppas.” KwangMi said with an eye smile. They blushed a light shade of pink. They bowed a bit confused and scrambled out. She went out to the door.

“You don’t have to bow to me either Oppas!” She yelled after them.

‘How can we not bow to the Princess?’ They thought embarrassed.