Chapter 42 (FINAL)

My Guardians

 

The sky became dark and the house quieted down as everyone started to go to their rooms. KwangMi lay awake on her bed, insomnia taking over her regardless of her tiredness. She got off her bed with a sigh and went out to the balcony behind her room. The air was chilly and a bit more humid than comfortable. She sighed heavily, her tired eyes were dropping but she still felt somewhat awake.

“Trouble sleeping?” A voice asked. She jumped a little and turned around, but calmed down seeing it was only D.O.

“Mmm.” She replied. D.O sat next to her and it fell silent.

“Kai’s asleep?”She asked breaking the silence. D.O nodded. “Are you sure he’ll stay?”

“He has to; there’s no where he can go.” D.O said, sadness could easily be found through his voice.

“I don’t think that’s the only reason.” KwangMi said. D.O looked at her confused. As opposed to D.O she had much hope in her.

“He found out where he belonged.”

“He’s known he’s belonged though.” D.O said.

“No, it’s just been a routine: wake up, eat, practice and the little things in between. Those little things are what defined him and made him the cheerful and charming person he is today.” KwangMi smiled to herself at these words. They seemed perfect to describe Kai. She was most happy to know that he would stay.

“You should go to sleep.” D.O said after a bit of taciturnity.

“You should to.” KwangMi said with a small smile. D.O got up first and help KwangMi get up too.

“Good night Kyungsoo Oppa~!” KwangMi  said to him before he closed the door with a chuckled.

She tucked herself into bed and turned off the light. She closed her eyes and the thought of her 12 guardians filled her mind. It was comforting and she didn’t make a sound nor did she move.

She was at peace.

The 12 of them have grown so close to her and have grown so close amongst themselves.

They were all family and family has to stay together no matter what. She intended on doing just that. She wasn’t going to make the same mistake her father made. She would be committed to her family and keep that family alive.

It may be a while before she has a family of her own, but the 12 dorks in her castle would do more than suffice.

Naui bojoha.

 

 

{End}