Chapter 31

My Guardians

“Here is the true heir to the throne, my brother Lay.” KwangMi said. Lay walked to her, his face a deep shade of red. Everyone looked at Lay and gaped at his handsomeness again. They felt a bit ridiculous remembering their reactions when first seeing him. Questions arose in their mind, but they didn’t interrupt the ceremony knowing there would be a conference after. KwangMi turned to face a Lay and smiled. Hoya came over with a pillow with Lay’s crown on top of it. Lay looked at it in awe along with everyone else in the room.


‘Kneel.’ KwangMi mouthed to Lay. Lay blushed and did so mentally slapping himself. Hoya chuckled to himself.


‘They really do act alot alike.’ He thought stopping next to Kwangmi. Lay repeated an oath after her and she said a few words to him. KwangMi took the crown from the pillow Hoya was holding. She placed it on his head and lightly pushed down so it would stay.


“I now declare you  as Prince YiXing.Stand up and see your people.” KwangMi said.Lay got up and looked at the audience. Slowly, everyone knelt down to show him their adherence. Soon, only he and KwangMi were the only people left standing, yet even she bowed over ninety degrees. Lay blushed and didn’t know what to do; he was left speechless.


‘Tell them to get up.’ KwangMi mouthed.


“Ummm... Rise and be my loyal citizens...?” Lay questioned if his words made sense. KwangMi smiled and forced a laugh back. The crowd sat back down comfortably. KwangMi let Lay say a few words and let everyone have a break before the conference. KwangMi and Lay stayed backstage in fear of any papparazzi.


"How did I do?" Lay asked.


"You did well." KwangMi gave him a pat on the back and a smile. "Except the last sentence you said." She chuckled.


"Rise and be my loyal citizens!" She mimicked. He laughed in embarrassment too.


"Well, I didn't know what else to say!" He complained.


"You just had to be more natural." She said.


"Arraso, I'll do better for the conference." Lay promised. Kwangmi smiled. "I haven't seen EXO around, have you?" Lay asked, concerned about his comrades. KwangMi shook her head a bit disappointed.


'Lay could've used the extra support from them. I miss them too. Neither of us have seen them in a while.'  KwangMi thought unconsciously pouting. Just as Lay was going to say something Sungjong called them.


"Queen! Prince! It's almost time for the conference to start, are you ready?" Sungjong asked coming towards them. Both siblings nodded. Sungjong smiled satisfied."Let's get you on stage." He said with a smile. KwangMi went first and Lay followed. Lay fidgeted with his hands and he was obviously very nervous.


"Don't worry so much; thees people can tell when you're scared." KwangMi whispered. Lay only tensed up more afraid than before.


"Calm down Oppa~ I said I would take care of everything and I will. You'll do fine. They're your 'loyal citizens' right?" KwangMi whispered taking his hand. He actually chuckled along with her and relaxed. The people took their seats and the council started the conference. Lay took a deep breath.


'Everything will be fine~!" He tried to loosen up as KwangMi answered questions.