If You Were Mines

The Runaway Fiancée

 

After a while the party ended and everyone went their way. Jay went to a after party with his friends while Sunny stayed back with Joongki to help clean his house.

“That punk could at least help before he left,” Sunny mumbled, annoyed.

‘It’s fine by me, we’re finally alone,” Joongki thought.

They threw all the trash bag into the huge trash bin on the side of the house and walked backed into the house. Joongki dusted his hands then looked at the time on his wrist watch.

“We still have time to go to the night flea market,” Joongki said. “Mmm! I want some dukboki!” Sunny exclaimed, hungrily.

“Alright lets go wash our hands then go,” Joongki said.

They cleaned their hands and headed out the door. The both of them got into Joongki’s car and drove towards the flea market.

After parking, they stepped out and smelt the night air. The food lingered through the air making Sunny stomach hungry.

“Wahhh I am so hungry!”

“JOONGKI!” A male voice yelled.

‘Are you kidding me!? It’s two am in the night and there some one already blocking?!’

Joongki turned around and saw a tall man along with a man with a big nose.

Ji Sukjin and Lee Kwang waved happily at Joongki. They gawked at Sunny. “Oi! It’s Lee Soonkyu!” Kwang Soo pointed at Sunny.

People started to stare around.

“Yah! Keep it down!” Joongki hushed them. Sunny pulled her cap down lower and kept her face hidden behind Joongki’s back.

“Oh!” Sukjin nodded, receiving the message.

“It’s nice to meet you! I’m Kwangsoo and he is Sukjin!” Kwang Soo said. “Hi I’m Sunny,” Sunny greeted back.

“Aish go away!” Joongki sneered.

Sunny blinked at the three of them as they quarreled around. “OK! Do whatever you want!” Joongki yelled as he gave up.

Kwangsoo and Sukjin highed five each other and smiled at Sunny. Sunny smiled back at them.

As they walked they looked at certain items and ate little snacks there and there. “Ohh that look good,” Sunny said as she reached into her pocket to search for her money.

Sunny eye widened when she felt nothing in her pocket. She started to check every pocket she had and looked around her.

“What’s wrong Sunny?” Joongki asked.

“I lost my money!” Sunny said, sad.

“Oh! I’ll go look for it for you!” Kwangsoo ran off. “Aish show off,” Sukjin said. “Here I’ll buy it for you,” Sukjin said as he paid the lady and grabbed the bag of food for Sunny.

“Thank you so much Sukjin-shi,” Sunny thanked.

“Oh no problem! Call me oppa!” Sukjin said cheerfully. Sunny nodded and giggled. “OPPA?! You’re like what 30 years older than her! Call him ajusshi!” Joongki bucked at Sukjin.

“Yah!” Sukjin barked.

“Sunny! Sunny! I found your money!” Kwangsoo came back running, sweaty. “Oh! Oppa! Thank you so much!” Sunny hugged him and wiped his sweat with her sleeve.

“Sunny! Don’t do that!” Joongki pulled her behind him. “Yah you! That’s not even real sweat isn’t it!? Where you get the money?!” Joongki eyed Kwangsoo.

“Stop being so jealous!” Kwangsoo said smiling at Sunny.

Sunny giggled.

‘These jerks.’

Joongki gave up in the end and let them do whatever they wanted. After a while Sunny got tired.

“Sunny let’s go home, you’re tired,” Joongki said.

Sunny agreed and bid goodbye to Kwangsoo and Sukjin.

They started to walk the other way to Joongki car. “Oppa, I’m so full that I can’t even walk no more,” Sunny whined.

“What you want me to do about it?” Joongki answered bitterly.

“Carry me!” Sunny hopped on Joongki’s back.

“Oh yah!”

Sunny snuggled onto his back and laughed.

Joongki ended up laughing also and continued to carry her. Sunny rested her head on Joongki’s shoulder and sighed, tiredly.

“You must be tired huh?” Joongki asked. 

Sunny didn’t answer. Joongki looked to his side and found Sunny sleeping. He chuckled and smirked.

After getting to his car, he took out his key with one hand, and unlocked the door. He put Sunny in the passenger seat and carefully placed her down.

He pulled out his phone and called Jay.

No answer.

“Hey what am I supposed to do with Sunny? She asleep. I don’t think she have the keys to the apartment. She’ll be at my house then you can pick her up,” Joongki said into the voicemail then hung up.

He got into the driver seat and drove home.

They finally reached his house. Joongki got out the car and walked over to the passenger seat.

He carried her in a bridal style and walked to the front door. He managed to open the door and somehow got upstairs. It was a one room house, so he brought her into his room.

He laid her down on his bed, gently. He softly got the blanket from underneath her and placed it over her.

He curled a hair around her ear and looked at her.

“Only if you were mines…”

Joongki kissed her cheek and left the room.