Lee Donghae

Rumored Love Story

 

“Yah! Lee Donghae!” Lee Sungmin screamed at the top of his lungs as he advances towards the said person.

“Here he comes,” Lee Donghae whispers to his friends with a smirk as he focuses his attention to the advancing male.

“What the hell is this?” Sungmin asks, holding up a piece of pink envelope.

“By the looks of it, it looks like a love letter,” Donghae retaliates.

“I know, and it’s from you.” Sungmin throws the said love letter at Donghae’s chest, and then starts to walk away, but was stopped immediately by Donghae’s hand on his wrist.

“You can’t even say hi?” Donghae smiles as he turns his attention to another guy behind Sungmin that didn’t seem to want to be involved in their matter. “Hi, Henry.”

“He-hello, Donghae,” Henry responds, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose so he can see more clearly.

“Don’t say hi to him, Henry,” Sungmin snaps. “And you, Mr. Lee Donghae, should stop sending me love letters! It’s annoying to be quite honest.”

“You should’ve been used to it by now, baby.”

“You should’ve been used to being rejected by now, baby,” Sungmin retorts.

“Oh-ho-ho burn!” One of Donghae’s friends said. “Man, just give up.”

“Shut up, Hangeng.” Hangeng threw both of his hands up in the air as a sign of defeat before landing it back on his boyfriend, Heechul’s shoulder.

“Come on, Sungmin, just one date!” Donghae said, fumbling with Sungmin’s collar.

Sungmin smacks Donghae’s hand away from him. “Not even in your dreams.” Donghae watches Sungmin walk away with his best friend, Henry, before joining his friends once again.

“Man, I can’t believe you’ve been chasing after Sungmin since 7th grade,” Heechul said, smacking Hangeng’s hand away from his ticklish waist. “Seriously, you’ve had a lot of girlfriends, pretty girlfriends at that, but then when it comes to Sungmin, it’s like he’s the only exception. What do you see in that guy anyway?” 

“He’s perfect.”

A voice that came from behind them mockingly says, then throws bottles of orange juice at them.

“Cho Kyuhyun, you bastard,” Donghae snapped.

“What? That’s what you always tell us anyway, right guys?” The other guys nodded. “See?” With a smirk on his face, Kyuhyun takes the seat beside Donghae; parallel to the lovers. “Exactly how in the hell is Lee Sungmin perfect? There are a lot of girls in this school that are perfect. Perfect body, perfect s, perfect skin, perfect , perfect -“

“Shut up, Cho,” Hangeng bellowed. “You’re such a ert.”

“I’m just saying. I mean, come on, why would I want my best friend for that nerdy guy, right? What exactly could he give to my best friend? He’s not even that rich, what if he takes advantage of him.” Kyuhyun gulps down the remaining orange juice from his bottle before pulling out another bottle from his bag, but was immediately taken away by Donghae.

“Sungmin is not like that,” Donghae replies with a smile on his face. “He’s charming and endearing, and I feel completely comfortable when I’m around him.”

“Yuck,” Donghae’s friends said in unison.

Donghae turned to face Kyuhyun who had managed to grab the orange juice off his hand. “Kyuhyun, you’ll help me get him, right?”

“I don’t know, Donghae. You have been courting him since middle school. We’re juniors now. It’s the first week of school and you’re already courting him again. Maybe it’s time to stop now. Why don’t you just settle with girls, huh?” Kyuhyun said with a worried face.

“Because, I don’t feel happy when I’m with them. I don’t find them interesting at all. I want Sungmin, and I will get him before this school year is over.”

Hangeng glances on his watch; stands up to brush the dirt off his pants, and then pulled Heechul up. “It’s almost time for class. Heechul and I will get going. I’ll see you guys later at lunch.”

Donghae watches the lovers freely express their love for each other in the hallway without paying attention to the people around them. He had always admired their courage of being able to pronounce their love without a care in the world.

And Donghae is jealous.

Jealous of the fact that he keeps on getting turned down by the guy that he likes.

Jealous of the fact that he might never get to hold Sungmin the way Hangeng holds tightly onto Heechul.

Jealous that people won’t be able to talk about them behind their backs because a boy and a boy dating is just complete utter bull.

But he’s even more jealous of the fact that there is a huge amount of students in this building that is currently with the one that they love, but he’s stuck by himself.

“,” Donghae muttered. He realized that Kyuhyun had left him already to go to his class, so he scrambled to get his books in his bag, and then ran down the empty hallway.

~

“You’re late.”

Ahh, the words rang smoothly along Donghae’s ears as he sits down on his assigned seat.

“Mr. Lee, this is the third time this week you’ve been late already.”

“And that is the third time you’ve told me, Mr. Choi.” The class laughed at the remark.

“I believe it’s too early in the morning to have an argument with one of my students, so I’ll just go ahead and start with the lesson.”

“You do that,” Donghae said, and the class had once again broken into laughter.

Donghae turns his body around to face the guy that was sitting on the far left of the classroom. The guy was staring outside the window with his hands propped up against the table; his chin resting on his hands. Donghae smiles at the perfect scene of Sungmin completely absorbed with what’s happening outside.

Suddenly, Sungmin felt that somebody was staring at him, so he turns his attention towards the classroom. Sure enough, he saw Mr. Popular Lee Donghae staring right at him. Donghae waved at him with a big smile on his face, while he decided that all Donghae deserves is sticking his tongue out for him.

“Lee Sungmin.”

Sungmin raises his head to look at his teacher. “Yes, Mr. Choi?”

“Congratulations! You’re the only one who got a perfect score on our diagnostic test.” Sungmin’s classmates clapped including Donghae.

Clearly, Sungmin is a nerd. But behind all of that smartness, he’s also popular in his school because he’s in the soccer team, and he’s really nice. No one ever dared to fight Sungmin because they know they’ll suffer a huge consequence from the teachers.

“Congratulations, baby!” Donghae yelled from across the room.

It earned a lot of gossiping around the room as their classmates started asking if they’re finally dating.

“I told you to stop calling me baby,” Sungmin snapped, threatening Donghae that he will throw his pen at his face if he didn’t stop.

“Alright, class, calm down,” their teacher yelled. “Little bastards,” he said in a hushed tone.

~

“I’m so hungry!” Heechul yelled in the cafeteria, but nobody bothered to look at him since he’s been doing that ever since freshmen year.

“Hungry for what?” Hangeng asked with a huge smirk plastered on his face.

“Urgh, for food, .”

“Oh, I thought you wanted some of my-“

“Cut the , Hangeng. This is the cafeteria, please respect all of these lovable food that they will serve us,” Heechul snapped as he shakes Hangeng’s hand off his shoulders while walking towards the line for the food.

Donghae and Kyuhyun entered the cafeteria, both wanting to just sit down and rest.

Minutes later, Hangeng and Heechul joined them at their table with food for them too.

Donghae decided that he’ll get something to drink from the vending machine, but once he stood up, he collided with someone’s tray and food splattered all over them, and the floor.

“.” The student muttered as he tries to brush off the traces of rice on his shirt.

It was Lee Sungmin.

“Sungmin… I’m sorry… I wasn’t-“

“Just shut up. I don’t want to hear it.” Sungmin started walking away, but Donghae is being abnormally stubborn.

“At least take my food.”

“No thank you.” Sungmin yanked Donghae’s hand off, proceeding back to his table with Henry.

Donghae watched sadly as Sungmin plopped down on his chair, and then put his head down.

Donghae was extremely sorry.

Sorry of the fact that maybe he is bothering Sungmin too much. 

 

 

 

(A/N): introduction of Donghae ba-bam~ 

nothing else to say but uhmm THANKS TO ALL OF MY SUBSCRIBERS! i didn't lose 10 followers but i GAINED followers -__- whyyyy this story is crap urgh 

PLEASE PLEASE COMMENT :D