Lee Donghae

Rumored Love Story

 

Donghae fastened his pace around the school after stopping by Sungmin’s locker, only to find out that the latter wasn’t there.

There’s only five minutes left until their first class of the day, and Donghae doesn’t want to be late for Choi Siwon’s class again. The teacher had promised to give him detention if he comes late to class again. He could understand what the teacher meant. It was only the first week of school, and he was already tardy for three straight days. Talk about not caring about his classes. He knows he doesn’t need to study anyway. Once he’s done with high school, his father will marry him off to an elite young lady, and pass all of his the assets and businesses to him.

Donghae doesn’t really care about taking over the family business. What he cares about is who he is going to be spending his life with. He doesn’t want to get married to someone that he only meets once, and then suddenly get married to that person. He still believes in love.

And Sungmin is that love.

Donghae decided to go to the classroom, and just wait for Sungmin there. He thought that the latter was probably walking around with Henry, but when he got to the classroom, Henry was there reading the assigned book that they had to have today for class.

A book which Donghae forgot to buy.

He walked up to Henry, and tapped the guy’s desk with his pen. Henry looked up with a confused expression, in which Donghae knows that the guy’s probably mad for disturbing him.

“Have you seen Sungmin?” Donghae asked.

Henry put his book down with annoyance, and then pointed at the door. Sungmin had just arrived, and a smile began to form on Donghae’s face. He ran up to Sungmin, and hugged him really tight.

“Where have you been?” Donghae asked Sungmin, brushing away the strands of hair that were covering Sungmin’s perfectly good-looking face. “I got worried.”

He noticed the way Sungmin just weakly smiled at him, before walking to the back of the classroom to sit beside Henry. Something must’ve happened somewhere in the hallway for his boyfriend to be acting like this. He’ll find out later.

~

It is lunch time, and Sungmin and Donghae were sitting in the cafeteria in front of each other. Neither one was talking. It was frustrating the both of them.

Donghae just kept on watching the way Sungmin stuffed the spaghetti, which the former bought for the both of them to share, in his mouth. He finally had enough of the silence by grabbing Sungmin’s arm to stop him from eating.

“Tell me what’s wrong,” Donghae demanded.

“Nothing,” Sungmin replied, snatching his arm off Donghae, and then started eating again.

“It’s not nothing. What happened? Is it Kyuhyun?” Seeing as though Sungmin had stopped eating, and almost choked at the mention of his best friend’s name, he angrily got up from his seat, and marched out of the cafeteria.

Knowing where to find Kyuhyun, he quickly walked towards the latter, and grabbed him by the collar, making Kyuhyun get up from the bench.

“What the ?!” Kyuhyun yelled. “What is this ?!”

“What did you do to Sungmin?! What did you do to my boyfriend?!” Donghae bellowed.

“I don’t ing know what you’re talking about!” Kyuhyun pushed Donghae’s hands off his collar, and Donghae almost fell on the ground by the hard push.

There were murmurs all around them. Most were saying that the best friends were fighting over a guy. Some were contemplating whether to call Sungmin, or a teacher. Some just watched and waited to see what happens.

“I didn’t do anything to Sungmin,” Kyuhyun started. “Leave me alone.”

Kyuhyun was about to walk away, when a sudden punch from Donghae landed on the left side of his jaw.

Gasps were made throughout the busy hallway. The murmurs had finally died down, but were replaced by laughter, instigators, betters, and people that were too shocked to even say anything.

“Donghae!”

Donghae, as well as the other students surrounding them, turned around to face a bewildered Sungmin, who still had traces of spaghetti sauce on the sides of his mouth.

“Just what in the world are you doing?!” Sungmin screamed, running to Kyuhyun’s side, and checked his face.

“Are you okay?” Sungmin asked Kyuhyun.

“I’m fine,” Kyuhyun answered, pushing Sungmin’s hands away from his face, as he starts to walk away again.

Donghae watched the retreating back of his best friend. Sure, they’ve punched each other on the face before, but that was pure playfulness.

This is the first time he had punched his best friend, and for what reason?

He doesn’t even know.

“How could you?”

Donghae snapped back into reality because of Sungmin’s trembling voice.

“How could you punch him like that? What happened?”

Donghae looked down. “I thought he was bothering you again.”

“I never said anything about him bothering me! How could you just skip to beating up someone without any proof of doing anything?” Sungmin was still too shocked at what he saw so he decided to just walk away from Donghae.

Donghae couldn’t do anything.

~

Donghae spent the whole day contemplating as to whether what he did was good or bad.

He concluded that it was indeed a bad thing to just walk up to someone and punch the person for doing nothing.

Throughout the next few hours, Sungmin had already skipped two classes, and he had no idea where he was. He didn’t want to go looking for Sungmin because the guy might just never talk to him again. Or worse, break up with him. Wouldn’t it be heartbreaking to break up with your boyfriend of only five days that you’ve been crushing on for years?

As much as Donghae wanted to walk out of class now and look for both of the special people in his life, he couldn’t help but just let it go for now and just wait until the bell rings to apologize to his best friend, and his boyfriend.

 

 

 

(A/N): REUPLOADED