Cho Kyuhyun

Rumored Love Story

 

“What are you doing?”

“Studying.”

“For what?”

“Pre-Calculus test.”

“May I know why?”

“No.”

But he knows why. Kyuhyun knows why. It must be because of Sungmin. Knowing Donghae for years now, the guy wouldn’t study anything even if his life depended on it.

“Does it involve Sungmin?”

“Maybe. Could you be quiet? I really want to pass the test.”

“What’s the passing score?”

“70.”

“Impossible.”

This time, Donghae glared at Kyuhyun. “You could be at least a bit supportive for your best friend, you know.”

“But you’ve never even gotten higher than a 60 in any math tests. What makes you think studying for a couple of hours will get you to a 70?”

“Look, if you’re not going to help me pass, then shut up.”

Kyuhyun gave up. He stood up from the bench, and then went to the cafeteria to see what the lovers are up to.

The moment he entered the cafeteria, he immediately saw the reason; the reason why Donghae is studying.

“Lee Sungmin,” Kyuhyun said through his gritted teeth. Wasn’t it enough that the guy didn’t listen to him yesterday and decided to get his best friend’s hopes up by running to him and hugging him?

Yes, Kyuhyun saw them yesterday. Kyuhyun had watched them, yet he disregarded the fact that he felt a slight pang in his heart when Sungmin hugged Donghae.

Because…

Because… it shouldn’t mean anything.

Kyuhyun walked towards Sungmin, and he knows Sungmin had noticed him already because the latter went to the other side of his friend.

But Kyuhyun grabbed Sungmin by the arm anyway.

“What do you want now?!” Sungmin yelled. Everyone in the cafeteria looked at them, so Kyuhyun let go of Sungmin’s arm.

“Stop being so innocent. You know what you did,” Kyuhyun whispered.

“At least I can make your best friend study.”

“Then what? I bet you promised him something. What was it? You’ll have with him?”

Sungmin snickered. “Yes. Long and tiring . All night long.” Sungmin walked away.

“Cho Kyuhyun!”

Kyuhyun turned to face the person who yelled out his name. “What?!”

“You don’t want me to tell Donghae what you’re trying to do to Sungmin, now do you?”

“I hate his guts, and Donghae knows that.”

“Stupid! The more you fight Sungmin, the more Donghae will protect him. You never know, one day Donghae might just leave you for Sungmin,” Hangeng lectured.

“You make it sound like I’m dating Donghae.”

“I’m just saying. Where’s Donghae? Still studying?” Kyuhyun nodded. “I’m so proud of him. I should take a picture of him studying. His parents will be so proud.”

“Where’s Heechul?” Kyuhyun asked.

“He’s getting something in the library to help Donghae with his studying.”

“Why are you guys so supportive over this? He’s doing this because he and Sungmin probably made a bet.”

“Isn’t that a good thing? I mean your best friend is studying!”

“It is a good thing, but what if Sungmin is just playing with him. We know Donghae can be…”

“Stupid?”

“I was going to say small minded, but stupid works too.”

“Look, don’t worry about it. Whatever Sungmin promised Donghae, it’s between the two of them. Stop butting into people’s business. It’ll back fire on you in the end.”

“Ahh it.”

~

Kyuhyun stopped Sungmin from walking further.

“What now?” Sungmin asked in an irritated voice.

“Where’s Donghae?” Kyuhyun asked.

“He’s still inside. He asked Ms. Kim if she can check his paper now.”

“Do you think he passed?”

“The test was hard. I don’t want to say this, but I think he didn’t.” For the first time, Kyuhyun nodded in agreement with Sungmin.

“At least he tried.”

“Listen, I’m not playing with your best friend, okay? Stop thinking that I’m after his money because if I was, I should be the one chasing him; not him chasing me.”

Kyuhyun smirked. “You’re leading him on.”

“Am I?" Sungmin pouted. "How?”

“You’re amazing,” Kyuhyun whispered for only Sungmin to hear.

Kyuhyun stared into Sungmin’s eyes. The eyes that Donghae had fallen in love with. But before he could lose himself in Sungmin's eyes, Kyuhyun quickly turned away when he heard the door of Ms. Kim swung wide open.

“You guys,” Donghae shakily said. “I have the result.”

“So? What did you get?” Kyuhyun asked.

“I haven’t seen it yet. I want Sungmin to see it first.” Kyuhyun gritted his teeth. Was it necessary that Sungmin had to see it before him?

Donghae handed the piece of paper to Sungmin. Sungmin sighed. “Donghae, I just want you to know that whatever score this piece of paper has, just know that you’ve tried your best and there’s always a next time. And I’m proud of you.”

“Sungmin, I will seriously kiss you if you keep sputtering out sweet words.”

“Oh , just open the damn paper!” Kyuhyun spat, but secretly smiled to himself because he had ruined the moment.

“Okay, here it goes,” Sungmin said, breathing out a huge amount of carbon dioxide into the air. Sungmin carefully unfolded Donghae’s test paper, and then let out a huge scream. “Donghae!”

“What is it?!” Kyuhyun and Donghae asked in unison.

“You got a 71!”

“A 71?!” Kyuhyun yelled.

“Hell yeah!” Donghae screamed. “Yes yes yes yes!” He walked towards Sungmin then picked the guy up by the waist. Donghae spun him around, then he put Sungmin down.

“So? Do I get my prize?” Donghae asked with a twinkle in his eyes.

“What was your prize again?” Sungmin teased.

“You.”

Kyuhyun thought it was a simple kiss, or another hug, or a date. He never expected Sungmin agreeing to something like this. Who wouldn’t agree anyway? Nobody expected Donghae to pass after studying for only a couple of hours. Nobody expected anything.

“Me?” Sungmin asked, acting like he’s clueless.

“I’ll be leaving,” Kyuhyun said, which was only responded by nods.

Kyuhyun didn’t want to know what’s going to happen next. No. Anyone could predict what was coming anyway. Maybe today is the day that Sungmin will finally accept his best friend. Maybe after years of courting Sungmin, today is the day that Donghae’ll finally have what he wants. Kyuhyun’s not mad. He’s just simply…

Mad?

Why would he be mad? He doesn’t have the right. He should be happy that his best friend is finally going to be contented now. He should be happy.

That’s right, happy. Be happy.

With that thought being thought, he fetched his phone from his pockets, went on his contact list, then pressed call.

“Hello?”

“Sooyoung, where are you?”

“I’m at home, why?”

“Is anyone home?”

“No.”

“Great, I’m coming over.”

~

“Mmmm… Kyu…” Sooyoung moaned into the kiss. Kyuhyun arrived an hour ago, but he still hasn’t let go of Sooyoung’s lips. “Calm down baby..”

Kyuhyun groaned. “Shut up will you?”

Sooyoung pushed Kyuhyun away. “Excuse me? But if my parents see my lips all bitten like this, I’ll be in trouble.”

“So?” Kyuhyun asked nonchalantly.

Sooyoung scoffed. “Forget it, let’s just continue.” Sooyoung pulled Kyuhyun over her once again, but the latter got off her. “What’s wrong now?”

“I’m tired. I’m going home.” Kyuhyun turned around, but Sooyoung hugged him on the waist.

“Don’t go yet. You didn’t even talk to me in class today. Is something bothering you?”

Yes. As a matter of fact, yes. That’s what Kyuhyun wanted to say, but instead of saying it, he merely shook his head, and unwrapped Sooyoung’s hands from his waist.

~

The wind has gotten cooler and breezy. Kyuhyun’s thankful that something is helping his head to cool down. What exactly is wrong with him? He doesn’t know. He’s been restless ever since he saw his best friend and his rival hugging yesterday.

For some people, they would call it jealousy. But to Kyuhyun, he’ll call it…

What exactly would he call it?

Kyuhyun shook his head one last time as he entered his house. “I’m home…” He soon realized that he was alone in the house; again.

Kyuhyun sighed. “Hyung, when are you coming home to visit?”

 

 

(A/N): so...uhmm...yeah...nothing to say once again...well...i'm still unwell

so did everyone read Regulations of a Teacher in Love? you erted readers HAHAHA i'm glad a lot of people liked it while i sit here contemplating as to how i managed to write it TT___TT i can't believe it has 700+ views already just how?!??! was that FAILURE that good? 

i'm sorry if this fic is boring you guys out already...i did say this was going to be long....but don't worry...i estimated it and donghae should be out of the picture by chapter 15 or something...probably even earlier but idk since my mind doesn't listen to me when i plan my writings' length //sighhh

ENJOY AND COMMENT :D