Lee Donghae

Rumored Love Story

 

One more minute until Chinese class is over, and soon, it will be the last class for the day, but Sungmin still hasn’t arrived to class.

The class got up, as it is time for their Foreign Language teacher, Ms. Hwang, to make her leave. The class sat down once again, but seconds later, Ms. Kim entered, and everyone, but Donghae got up.

Donghae flinched when Ms. Kim knocked on his desk to wake him up from his thoughts about where Sungmin could be.

“Daydreaming, are we Mr. Lee?” Ms. Kim asked Donghae.

“Yes, yes, I was Ms. Kim,” Donghae repugnantly replied.

“And we would like three days of detention, yes?” Ms. Kim threatened, which finally made Donghae sigh in defeat.

“I’m sorry, Ms. Kim,” Donghae muttered, bowing his head to look away from the teacher.

“Where is he?” Donghae’s head shot up to look at his teacher, raising his eyebrows while at it.

“Who?”

“Your boyfriend, Lee Sungmin.”

Just when Donghae was about to tell her, that even he doesn’t know the whereabouts of his boyfriend, the door swung open revealing a panting Lee Sungmin.

“Sorry I’m late Ms. Kim!” Sungmin yelled from the door, bowing apologetically, and then proceeded to his seat behind Henry at the far left side of the class.

“Glad to see you, Mr. Lee,” Ms. Kim greeted, inching away from Donghae. “By the way, the other teachers want to see you after school, if you don’t mind?”

Sungmin only responded with a nod, and Donghae watched as the former scrambled to open his journal and fetch a pencil from his pocket.

~

The class ended smoothly; aside from the fact that Donghae didn’t pay attention in class at all, but just stared at his boyfriend sadly.

Donghae watches as Sungmin bids Henry good bye, and then ran out of the classroom. He decided to follow his boyfriend to wherever the latter was going. He stopped walking the moment Sungmin entered the teachers’ lounge. He waited for a couple more minutes, and that’s when Sungmin came out with a smile on his face. The latter is carrying more things than he was when he first went in the lounge. Anyone could’ve guessed that the teachers had given him the work that he missed.

But where was Sungmin?

Why did he miss three classes in a row?

Where did he go?

Was he with Kyuhyun?

Did Kyuhyun lock his boyfriend up in a room, and he just managed to get out?

Sungmin didn’t seem to notice Donghae waiting for him, so the latter just followed the former to his locker.

Sungmin was whistling to the tune of “Blue Moon” as he gets his bag out of his locker to go home, which Donghae couldn’t help but smile, and wrap his arms around his boyfriend’s waist; taking in the sweet scent of Sungmin.

“I missed you,” Donghae muttered, tightening his hold around Sungmin’s waist when Sungmin tried to take his arms off him. “I really missed you.”

Donghae heard Sungmin sigh, and that was when he unwrapped his arms from Sungmin’s waist. Sungmin faced him with a surprising smile plastered on his face.

“Donghae, I’m still mad at you.”

“But you’re smiling.”

“Because I can’t resist you, stupid,” Sungmin said while closing his locker. “I heard you didn’t pay attention in any of the afternoon classes. I’m disappointed in you.”

“How will I focus without you in the room?”

Sungmin laughed. “How do you focus when I’m in the room?”

“Stop being so smart,” Donghae teased.

“Hmmm.. I’m starting to think that you only want me to stop being smart because you want Kyuhyun to be on top this school year, am I right?” Sungmin questioned, sarcasm written all over his face.

“Of course! He is my best friend after all.”

With that, Donghae noticed that Sungmin’s face fell in sadness.

“I’m sorry,” Donghae said. “I’m sorry for what happened during lunch time.”

Sungmin looked at him, and then smiled. “You should be saying sorry to the guy that you punched.”

“I know.”

“He’s coming here now. Look.” Donghae turned around and saw Kyuhyun pressing a green piece of cloth on his jaw.

“Kyuhyun!” Donghae yelled. Kyuhyun rolled his eyes at him, and then made his way toward his locker.

“Hey man,” Donghae greeted. “Look, I’m sorry. Please forgive me?”

“Shut up, Donghae. I’m already embarrassed enough that I didn’t hit you back! Shut up, okay? I forgive you,” Kyuhyun snapped.

“Buddy!” Donghae teased, ruffling Kyuhyun’s hair, but then apologizing once again when he accidentally nudged Kyuhyun on the jaw.

“Get away from me,” Kyuhyun said, pushing Donghae back to Sungmin. “I’m gonna punch you if you don’t stay away, you ugly bastard!”

“I’m not ugly!” Donghae retaliated. “I’m handsome, right Sungmin?”

Sungmin burst out in laughter, and just shrugged. “I don’t know, Donghae.”

“You’re supposed to be on my side!” Donghae complained. “Are you siding with my best friend now, is that it?! You’re breaking my heart!”

Donghae’s eyes widened in shock, when Sungmin suddenly placed a kiss on his cheek.

“Better?” Sungmin asked. Donghae grinned in happiness as he pulled Sungmin in for a hug.

“Oh God,” Kyuhyun groaned.

“What?” Donghae confusedly asked. “He is my boyfriend.”

“No, my girlfriend is coming,” Kyuhyun groaned once again, shaking his head at the tall girl’s approach.

“Hey baby,” Sooyoung said, placing a kiss on Kyuhyun’s lips. “Can you take me home today?”

“It’s Monday.”

This time, Donghae and Sungmin pulled away from the long hug, and stared at Kyuhyun for being so cold to Sooyoung.

“W-well I know that, but..”

“Look, Sooyoung. Let’s break up.”

“B-but Kyuhyun, I just wanted..”

“I’m tired of you.”

With that, the freshman girl walked away with tears in her eyes, slightly bumping into Sungmin with her shoulders, and then ran.

“What a bastard,” Sungmin commented to Kyuhyun.

“That’s what he is,” Donghae responded. “I remember Kyuhyun used to date this girl… ah what was her name… that girl whose dad came to school and punched him on the face.. ah what was her name?!”

“Sunkyu,” Kyuhyun answered for Donghae.

“Ah yes! Little miss sunshine, Sunny! It was funny, actually.”

Sungmin scoffed. “How is that funny, Donghae? How many days did their relationship last?”

“Two days,” Kyuhyun said, then laughed along when Donghae started laughing.

“You see,” Donghae tried to explain while trying to suppress his laughter, “Sunny has been crushing on Kyuhyun since.. forever! And then, when Kyuhyun finally asked her out, Kyuhyun realized that she was too happy, and just broke her heart two days later.” Donghae started laughing so hard. “She was a mess. Her parents transferred her to another school after that incident.”  

Donghae and Kyuhyun were laughing so hard that they didn’t seem to notice Sungmin glaring at them.

“It’s not funny,” Sungmin finally said, and that’s when Kyuhyun and Donghae stopped laughing; straightening themselves up, and cleared their throats.

“I’m going home,” Sungmin spoke up once again as he started walking away.

“Let me take you home,” Donghae offered.

“I’m fine.”

“Do you not want your parents to see me?”

Sungmin turned to face Donghae, smirking in response to what he just asked. “How about you, Donghae? Do you want your parents to see me?”

“I-I..”

“I thought so. No need to take me to the bus stop. I’ll be fine.” 

 

What did he do this time? 

 

 

 

(A/N): ESSAY?! WTF IS THAT?! lol 

oh breaking news: i have deleted Reminiscence and Rest in My Heart. i'll be deleting the rest in the near future :D i think this will be my last fic. 

ah what else to say... PLEASE PLEASE COMMENT, yes? <3