Cho Kyuhyun

Rumored Love Story

 

He has been avoiding Sungmin since the yesterday’s restroom incident. It even got to the point that he had to call up Henry late at night to tell him that he’s not going to be able to pick up Sungmin that Friday morning.

It broke him. He doesn’t know why it broke him, but it definitely hit him hard.

Sungmin’s words were indeed harsh. Here he was doing all he can just so that the pregnant guy wouldn’t be so stressed. Here he was worrying about the guy and his baby’s health. Here he was worrying about someone else, but in the end, he wasn’t enough.

He was never enough.

But Sungmin is right. He needs Donghae more than him. He needs the father of the child.

When Kyuhyun thought that a tear was about to escape from the corner of his eye, a light tap on his shoulder startled him making the tear disappear.

“I’ve been calling you from all the way back there, rude boy.”

Kyuhyun wasn’t in the mood to talk to anyone right now, but of course he knows better not to be rude to Heechul. “I apologize for my rude behavior, Mr. Han.”

Heechul blushed at the remark. “Oh stop it! We’re not married yet!”

“Yet,” Kyuhyun said with a chuckle.

“No but in all honesty, are you feeling alright? You’ve been spacing out lately. Come on, tell me!”

“I’m feeling just fine, Heechul. Now leave me alone! A growing man needs his space!”

“A growing man with a the size of a y looking ripe banana does not need space, Cho Kyuhyun. A growing man needs someone he can rely on. I’m here.”

Kyuhyun stopped walking. He does have someone to rely on…well, he used to. “Thanks Heechul, but I don’t think I can take an advice coming from a guy who compares my to a banana. I happen to love eating bananas now I feel like throwing up you !” Kyuhyun chuckled anyway.

“That wasn’t the point, although I myself do love to eat bananas as well,” Heechul teased. “Broke up with that ?”

Kyuhyun shook his head. “She broke up with me,” he said with a grin on his face. “Oh the luck.”

“You should thank me.” Kyuhyun gawked at Heechul. Thank him? For what? “I told her to break up with you.”

“Why?” Kyuhyun questioned.

“Why else? There’s one reason and one reason only.”

“And what is that reason? You were the one who told me to prove to you that I’m not in love with Sungmin, so I did. Now you’re telling me I lost my girlfriend because of you?”

“I’m not going to let you keep on dating someone when someone else is in your mind, okay? I’m cruel, but I’m not that cruel. Kyuhyun, it’s obvious that you have feelings for Sungmin.”

Kyuhyun snickered. “Sorry, but you’re mistaken by that.” He starts walking away.

Heechul doesn’t follow.

Of course, like any clichéd moments, Sungmin happens to be there when he turned the corner towards the Science wing of the school.

“Hey,” Sungmin greeted him, but he just continued walking. “I said hey!” Sungmin called out to him, but Kyuhyun was persistent on ignoring him. He hears hurried footsteps behind him and he thought that maybe he should make a run for it, but then again, he doesn’t want to risk being seen like a little kid running around the hallway.

“Ouch!” Kyuhyun yells as he turns around to find Sungmin, who smacked him across his nape.  “That hurts!”

“Oh go ahead and cry about it!” Sungmin retaliated. “Maybe if you would’ve just turned around and said hi to me a couple of seconds ago, it wouldn’t result to my abusive behavior!”

“Ahhh at least you admit that you just physically abused me!” Kyuhyun complains while massaging his aching nape. “Seriously, are all pregnant people this abusive?” Kyuhyun whispered.

“Look here, Cho Kyuhyun. Do you want to know how my day has been so far?” Kyuhyun shook his head at him, almost ready to turn away. “I’m telling you anyway! So, I open my door expecting that you were going to be there to pick me up for school like you’ve been doing, and surprisingly which I’ve been accustomed to lately. But no, I see Henry telling me that you can’t make it. Then, I had the craziest morning sickness ever during my second class, and I cursed the day that you and Donghae were born while I vomitted my life away in the restroom! Now, I didn’t even eat lunch because I was so busy looking for your goddamn face after Pearl came up to me and told me that you guys broke up! Now tell me, Cho Kyuhyun, why the hell would I not want to be abusive towards you, huh?”

Kyuhyun was flabbergasted. Sungmin was completely fuming in front of him, and all he could do was stare at the pregnant man. Kyuhyun reached into his pocket, and pulled out an orange-flavored lollipop.

“The doctor said not to get stressed.” Kyuhyun reached out for Sungmin’s hand and took it. He placed the lollipop in Sungmin’s hand, then sighed.

“You think lollipop can make me calm down right now?” Sungmin sputtered.

“Would you like me to run out to 7 Eleven to get you a sandwich or something—“

“Cho Kyuhyun! I don’t want you to run to 7 Eleven to get me a freaking sandwich! I want you to explain what is happening to you!”

“You don’t need to know, okay? It’s none of your business.” When Kyuhyun turned away, he heard the faintest sob coming from Sungmin.

“I just wanted to help,” Sungmin muttered before running away.

There’s simply nothing that Kyuhyun can do right.

 

~

 

It was a quarter past 11 when he found himself standing outside Sungmin’s house. Sungmin’s room was still brightly lit up. Kyuhyun could actually see his shadow. He could tell that Sungmin was writing something; it might be homework, or a diary about his pregnancy.

Kyuhyun fetched his phone out of his pocket, and pressed the speed-dial. The call was cut off after two seconds, so he called again. This time, the person that he was calling answered.

“What do you want?” asked the guy on the other line.

“You should be sleeping. It’s late,” Kyuhyun instructed, leaning on his car.

“I’m quite busy trying to find more reasons as to why President Lincoln was shot.” So he was doing his homework. “A great man like him doesn’t deserve to die, okay? I was watching National Treasure 2 when I got home, and it still pisses me off how he had to die.”

“Honestly, I don’t care much about President Lincoln, Sungmin.”

“You were probably one of the Southerners in America that didn’t want to abolish slavery in your past life.”

“Who wouldn’t want someone who would serve you?!” Kyuhyun remarked with a smile.

There was a slight pause. For a minute, there was no sound coming from both lines. 

Sungmin’s red curtain suddenly drew revealing him in his pajamas. Kyuhyun wasn't really sure as to what was the design on Sungmin's pajamas since he has a somewhat bad eyesight, but he knows it fits Sungmin perfectly. “It’s not cold outside tonight?” Kyuhyun shook his head knowing Sungmin could see him. “You sure?”

Kyuhyun cleared his throat. “Well actually, it’s very cold outside tonight.”

“Why stay then? Are you not scared that my mom would see you and report you to the police for stalking me?” Sungmin joked through the phone, which Kyuhyun found amusing.

“I just wanted to check on you.”

“Oh so now you want to check on me. Why?”

“I’m doing my duty as your nurse. I feel bad that I’ve neglected you today.”

“You should be. A pregnant person’s feelings are extremely fragile,” Sungmin stated, leaning his head on his window looking away from Kyuhyun. “Don’t you think the sky looks pretty when it’s pitch black? It’s one of the many reasons why I love it when it’s winter.”

Kyuhyun looked up at the sky as well and saw that one glistening star beside the crescent moon. The sky was, like Sungmin thinks, pretty.

“Sungmin,” Kyuhyun heard through his phone, knowing that it was Sungmin’s mom. He turned his attention back to Sungmin. “Honey, you should go to bed. I’ll see you in the morning. Good night.” Sungmin’s mom placed a kiss on Sungmin’s cheek.

“I have to go rest now,” Sungmin told him.

“You should’ve done that hours ago.”

“Are you going to accompany me to the doctor tomorrow?” Sungmin asks him with hopefulness in his voice.

“If you dream about me,” Kyuhyun teased as he smirks at Sungmin.

“I hate having nightmares,” Sungmin teased back with a light laugh.

Without saying goodbye, they hung up their phones. They smiled at each other one last time before Sungmin closed his curtains, and Kyuhyun went in his car. The light in Sungmin’s room vanished, and that’s when Kyuhyun drove away.

Kyuhyun entered his house, and tossed his keys on the coffee table in the living room. He plopped down on the sofa, and closed his eyes. With a sigh, he kicks the coffee table that it made a loud screech throughout the house. Paulie whimpered from behind the sofa, feeling sorry for the scared puppy, he reached out from behind the sofa, and brought the puppy on his lap.

“Paulie, I think for once, Heechul was able to read me.”

Heechul was right.

Kyuhyun does have feelings for Sungmin. 

 

 

 

 

(A/N): Hello~~~~~ ^^ Did anyone miss me? :D LOOOOOL anyway that's not the point. I apologize for the long hiatus!! I know this chapter is a bit rough, but maybe if I actually stop being lazy  then I'll get my writing flow back #MUSTSTOPINGUP 

I love you guys! <3333333 Thanks to everyone who stayed while I was away! 

SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT, UPVOTE!