Lee Sungmin

Rumored Love Story

Sungmin stepped on the weighing scale in his bathroom and gasped. He is gaining weight at a fast rate from all of the food that he had to eat when he’s hungry because of the baby. Also, curse Cho Kyuhyun for always taking him out for ice cream every Saturday.

It seems like it was just yesterday he had his “first” check-up with Dr. Park Leeteuk and now it’s the second week of December. He is now two months pregnant with his baby and soon enough he’ll find out the gender of his baby. He has a slight baby bump that can be easily hidden under his layers of sweaters. He hardly ever gets morning sickness anymore, but when he does it’s tragic. Sometimes it even takes him forever get back up from the floor after minutes of gagging and trying to puke out nothing.

A knock on the bathroom door startled Sungmin. “Honey, you’re going to be late for school if you take forever in the bathroom,” his mom said.

He opened the bathroom door and sulked in front of his mom. “Mom, I gained so much weight.”

His mom laughed. “That’s normal.”

“Is Kyuhyun here?” Sungmin asked, earning a shrug from his mom. At the same time, the doorbell rang. “Never mind I asked.”

Sungmin slowly walked down the steps to open the front door to let Kyuhyun in. Kyuhyun flashed Sungmin a bright smile before entering the Lee’s house.

“It’s really chilly outside,” Kyuhyun said. “I thought I was going to freeze to death on my way to my car earlier and when I was walking towards your house.”

“Make yourself at home. I just have to get my school bag,” Sungmin replied. “Did you need an extra sweater?”

“Nah, plus I doubt it’ll fit me anyway. I’m too tall. It might look like a crop top on me.” Both of them laughed at Kyuhyun’s remark.

 

~


Kyuhyun turned the radio down inside the car on their way to school. Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun to see why he turned it down.

“How was your check-up with Leeteuk last Saturday?” Kyuhyun asked. “Sorry I couldn’t take you. I had other errands to run that day that simply couldn’t be cancelled.”

Sungming sighed. “You know you don’t have to explain yourself, right? It went well. He said my weight is normal despite the gains but it’s all good.”

“Anything else I need to know or should be worried about?” Kyuhyun slowly turned the corner to enter the school’s parking lot. He stopped the car and turned the engine off. He turned to face Sungmin and smiled at the latter.

“No, Dr. Kyuhyun,” Sungmin replied sarcastically. “I told you everything is fine.”

 

~

 

Henry screamed the moment Mr. Lee Hyukjae, their Physics teacher, stepped out of the room resulting in everyone to look at him.

“What the hell Henry!” Sungmin who was also shocked at his best friend’s action.

“That !” Henry retorted. “He’s giving us a quiz on Friday, then another quiz next Tuesday, and an exam the day before we go on Christmas break! I’m going to lose my mind Sungmin!”

Sungmin laughed. “You act like you’re the only one taking Physics, Henry. It’ll be fine. We’ll study together.”

Henry got up out of his seat and lightly pushed Sungmin to create some space in the latter’s chair to sit down. They both faced each other.

“Speaking of Christmas break, are you inviting Kyuhyun to your house for Christmas?” Henry asked, but Sungmin just shrugged. “I mean, it would make sense if you do now that you two are obviously close now.”

“Well Kyuhyun is rich. You never know maybe he has some out of town plans for that day.”

“It’s Christmas Day, Sungmin. We both know that his dad hardly sees him, so why would he have out of town plans?”

Before Sungmin could say something else, their Ethics teacher Ms. Kim Hyoyeon entered the room.

 

~

 

On the road back home, it was Sungmin’s turn to turn the radio down to talk to Kyuhyun. The man who was driving smiled knowing exactly why Sungmin turned the radio down.

“What is it?” Kyuhyun asked, the smile still plastered on his face.

“What are you doing on Christmas?” Sungmin asked with his fingers crossed not really sure what answer he’s hoping to hear.

“Are you asking me to spend it with you?” Kyuhyun teased. “I could most definitely cancel all my plans for you, you know that?”

Sungmin lightly punched Kyuhyun’s left arm, but regretting it because the man has obviously been working out.

“What?! You were going to ask me anyway so I said it first,” Kyuhyun teased once again. “I’d love to spend Christmas with you and your mom, Sungmin.”

Sungmin tried to hide the smile that is forming on his face by turning his body away from Kyuhyun. He cleared his throat then said, “Henry too, you know.”

“Even better,” Kyuhyum simple said.

 

~

 

When Sungmin and Henry stepped out of their classroom on Friday after taking a dreadful Pre-Calculus quiz, they were met by Kyuhyun, Heechul, and Hangeng who were all unable to suppress their laughter when they saw the duo with sulked faces.

“It wasn’t even that bad!” Kyuhyun voiced out then immediately popping the orange-flavored lollipop back in his mouth.

“You’re a math wiz, Cho Kyuhyun,” Hangeng replied. “Everything related to math for you is easy.”

Kyuhyun shook his head in denial. “Sungmin is the smartest in our grade!”

“We took two quizzes today. One for Physics, and one for Pre-Calculus. I can actually hear my brain frying right now. Oh wait, nope, too late my brain is burnt,” Henry said jokingly.

“Remember when Donghae passed that Pre-Calculus test to be able to date Sungmin?!” Heechul remarked, but it didn’t earn any reaction from his friends. “Oops, my bad.”

Sungmin suddenly walked away from the group and no one bothered following him. He stopped in front of his locker and stood there for about three minutes before Kyuhyun tapped him on the shoulder to wake him up from his thoughts.

“I’m okay,” Sungmin said before Kyuhyun even asked. He unlocked his locker and grabbed his school bag. After he closed it, he turned to face Kyuhyun. “I’m starting to miss him again, Kyuhyun.”

Sungmin could feel his tears b around his eyes. He looked down at his shoe and that was when the tears fell. He felt Kyuhyun’s right hand place on his left shoulder. He didn’t cry for too long though. He wiped his eyes dry and when he looked up at Kyuhyun, he smiled.

“I miss my best friend too, Sungmin.”

Sungmin sniffed. “He’s such a good-looking . It makes it so hard to forget someone with that face and personality.”

Kyuhyun just let out a weary sigh.

It’s not like Sungmin is mad at Heechul for even mentioning what happened three months ago. September has long gone and Donghae has long gone.

There are new memories to be formed with people who stayed beside him.

There’s Cho Kyuhyun, his former arch enemy who now takes care of him.

Henry Lau, his best friend who would do anything to protect him and make him happy.

Hangeng and Kim Heechul, the power couple that always got his back just in case Kyuhyun turns into an evil brat every once in a while.

His soccer team, who won nationals against their rival Polar High School two weeks ago which was a great way to start the new month and end the sport’s season.

And of course, his mom who loves him the most in this entire world and who would do everything for him just like his best friend.

Soon, this baby will come and it’ll be another blessing in his life that would help create better and more beautiful memories. 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N): the last time i updated this story was March 2013..... bruh it's January 2017 now wtf im a whole joke. i apologize to my readers for the huge hiatus. i've been so busy!! who tf was i with those stupid author's note?! lol i couldn't help but laugh at my 17-18 year old self!! thank you to all of my subscribers and commenters who stayed until now!! please don't leave yet this is gonna be a long ride. stay with me, k???? 

i wanted to fast forward this story just a little bit so that we can get this pregnancy over with lol 

I hope everyone had a great 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016!! Happy New Year to us all!! 

SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT, AND UPVOTE!!!! <3333