Lee Sungmin

Rumored Love Story

 

Donghae didn’t come to school the next day; and then the next, then the next, and the next.

Sungmin was getting impatient. He needed to see him. He needed to tell him what he’s feeling. He needed to release the pain that he is feeling. The more he sees the latter’s empty seat in all of their classes, the more he was getting irritated.

But at last, Donghae finally appeared on the last school day of the week. He wasn’t wearing his uniform. He didn’t even have his bag. Plus, he wasn’t alone. A woman, whose height was a lot shorter than him with face as serious as someone who wants to win in the Olympics, was with him.

Sungmin thought, ahh this must be his mother. Another thought came into his mind, why is he not in his uniform? Why is he with his mother? Why do they look so serious?

Sungmin waited for Donghae to go into his locker before approaching him. The latter’s eyes had quickly widened in shock when he saw Sungmin.

“Why are you only here now?” Sungmin deadpanned.

“It’s none of your business,” Donghae rudely replied.

“Excuse me?”

Donghae had taken out all of his books out of his locker, and when he nudged it to close it, Sungmin smacked the books right out of Donghae’s hands causing all of it to fall on the floor.

Sungmin noticed Donghae rolling his eyes at him. Donghae stooped down to pick up the books, but Sungmin kicked it away.

“I’m talking to you!” Sungmin yelled.

Donghae sighed, standing up straight once again. “Look, let’s break up.”

“You know, I would believe you, but I don’t want to.”

“Sungmin, I’m not asking for you to believe me or not. I’m telling you that we’re over.”

Sungmin remained silent.

Those words seemed to have gotten stuck in his head for awhile. It was so hard to process it in his mind. Sungmin wasn’t sure if he was more shocked when he found out that he was pregnant or this situation.

Donghae’s breaking up with him.

A month’s worth relationship. A love that had bloomed since they were younger…

All gone in a blink of an eye.

And for what reason? For getting pregnant. For making a mistake. For loving him too much.

It all comes back to him. He’s the reason why Donghae doesn’t want him anymore. What if he had said he’d give up the baby, would he have been happy? What if he had chosen Donghae? But reality is reality.

Reality is, not everything revolved around Donghae. His life doesn’t need to revolve around Donghae.

Clearing his throat quite loudly, Sungmin finally found some words trying to come out of his mouth. “So, that’s it?”

Donghae nodded. “It wasn’t going to work out anyway. My parents are sending me overseas to study business management.”

“Leaving? Why are you leaving?” Hangeng said the moment he found the two bickering in the hallway He had his right hand draped around Heechul, but the latter shook it off when Donghae didn’t answer.

“Don’t ing tell me you’re leaving Sungmin alone with the baby?!” Heechul snapped. “Are you running away from your problem?!”

“Yes, I’m leaving—“

Suddenly, loud gasps were heard all around them.

Heechul had punched Donghae on the face.

Sungmin stood there; motionless, breathless, hurt, lonely, completely broken.

Heechul was about to throw another punch at Donghae when the latter merely chuckled at what he had just did, but Hangeng held him.

“You sick bastard! This is not a party in which you can eat and run!” Heechul bellowed, trying to pry away from Hangeng. “You… if you leave, don’t even think about coming back here and try to win Sungmin back because I’m sure as hell that I’m not even letting you near him or the baby! I will—“

“The baby’s gone.”

The murmurs of the crowd that were watching made Hangeng and Heechul walk closer to Sungmin, but they were soon pushed away by someone.

“What do you mean the baby’s gone?” Kyuhyun had appeared.

“I got rid of it. I got rid of it.”

Sungmin turned to face Donghae. “Are you happy now?!” Tears were unstoppably flowing out of Sungmin’s eyes. He most certainly isn’t happy. He could do everything for Donghae. Everything. “There’s no more baby so you can leave with a peaceful mind! This is what you wanted, right?! Now you have it!”

Before anyone else could say anything, Sungmin ran away.

He ran as fast as he can not knowing where he’s actually headed to.

He was devastated.

He was heartbroken.

He was alone.

 

~

 

Sungmin didn’t go to any of his classes that day.

His feet had led him to the rooftop. Up here, he was carefree. Up here, he can see the beauty of the world. Up here, he could relax. Up here, he could forget.

When the door of the rooftop opened, he turned his head to face the person, it turns out that it was Henry.

“Hey,” Henry greeted. “I knew that I’d find you here.” Henry walked over to Sungmin, and sat on the same bench that he was sitting. “All the teachers were looking for you today.”

Sungmin didn’t respond, but kept on looking at the horizon. The sun was still shining brightly up in the sky, but the autumn wind totally beat out the heat of the sun.

“I heard what happened, I’m sorry.”

Sungmin still didn’t respond. The tears had finally stopped an hour ago, but the pain was still there.

“Donghae left, according to Hangeng. His flight was three hours ago. Heechul is still pretty pissed; they had to put him in detention for punching Donghae.”

Finally, a sigh escaped Sungmin. “I really don’t want to talk about what happened today right now, Henry.”

Henry brought his hand up Sungmin’s back, and smoothly rubbed it with care and love.

“Did you really give up the baby, Sungmin?”

Sungmin looked at him, and hesitated for a moment.

He shook his head.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“No, the baby is still with me.” 

 

 

 

(A/N): CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF MY SUBSCRIBERS FOR GETTING PAST THE HAEMIN PART OF MY STORY *claps* YOU GUYS ARE DAEBAAAAK ㅋㅋㅋ 

LAST update for the month ^^ need to catch up on watching dramas and SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP. and i am now failing EVERY class that i have sooo. almost 200 subscribers..i cant even- *sigh* THANK YOU EVERYONE :')

i will still be on twitter. if u guys follow me on twitter, please talk to me lol. i DO unfollow people that doesn't talk to me. i swear, i'm really nice :D you can talk to me about anything u want! ANYTHING! 

enjoy the rest of October <3 have a good Halloween! (i know i will)