Cho Kyuhyun

Rumored Love Story

“One cone of strawberry ice cream, please,” Kyuhyun said to the cashier. “How about you?”

“Two cones of vanilla ice cream, please.”

Kyuhyun watched Sungmin take the two cones of ice cream with delight before paying for their treat.

“Did Henry tell you that I like eating ice cream during the cold seasons?” Sungmin asked him.

Kyuhyun shrugged at Sungmin, the tip of his ice cream. “Not really, you just look like it.”

Sungmin pouted at him. “What do you mean?”

“I mean—“ Kyuhyun snickered all of a sudden. “Your nose is eating as well.”

“It happens, urgh! I need a napkin!” Sungmin demanded.

Kyuhyun watched him for a while. Sungmin was looking for a place to put his ice cream cones down, but to no avail, he was just flailing around.

Kyuhyun stood up from his chair, and walked away to get some tissue. When he came back, Sungmin looked at him with the same pout that he showed him earlier. “Wipe it for me, please?” Sungmin looked down at his nose, and Kyuhyun could’ve sworn that that was the cutest thing he’s ever seen Sungmin do.

Kyuhyun wiped the ice cream off of Sungmin’s nose, then laid the used napkin in front of Sungmin on the table.

“Hurry up and finish. I need to take you home. I have to go somewhere today,” Kyuhyun told Sungmin.

Sungmin cocked his head on one side in confusion. “Where are you going?”

“Somewhere.”

“Where’s somewhere?”

“You don’t need to know, Mr. Nosy.”

“But it concerns me.”

“And as to how does that concern you, Mr. Nosy?”

“I like to take my time when I’m eating ice cream, thank you very much, Mr. Secretive.”

Kyuhyun smiled. “Fine, take your time. I’ll wait.”

Sungmin flashed him the same kind of smile. “Good,” he said as he proceeded to finish up his ice cream.

 

~

 

It was getting dark despite it being only five o’clock in the afternoon.

The ever so popular song of the Red Jumpsuit Apparatus filled the whole car with sweetness and it felt like a lullaby to him. He glanced at Sungmin, who seemed to be enjoying it as well.

“What’s this song?” Sungmin asked him.

“Are you serious?  You don’t know this song?” Kyuhyun asked him back, earning a frown from the latter. “It’s Your Guardian Angel.”

“O-oh…”

Sungmin started fidgeting in his seat. Did he say something wrong? “What’s wrong?”

“I… it’s too hot. Can you turn the heater down?” Sungmin complained while fanning himself.

Kyuhyun was about to turn the heater down, but it wasn’t even on to begin with. He chuckled at Sungmin. “Are you okay, Sungmin?”

“I am, okay?!” Sungmin yelled. “Drive faster, I want to go home!”

 

When they got in front of Sungmin’s house, Sungmin’s mom was there getting their mail. Sungmin got off the car, and ran up to his mom. Kyuhyun waved goodbye to them. Neither of them waved back, but only smiled at him. He knows that Sungmin’s mom doesn’t like him. Maybe he shouldn’t have created that bad first impression when they first met. It’s not his fault. He hated Sungmin so much at that time.

Please don’t walk away, please tell me you’d stay…

“Donghae, everyone else already left me, why did you have to leave too?” He sighed. “You were the only one I had left.”

 

~

 

The smell of the hospital was never to his liking.

The atmosphere didn’t feel good either.

But in the next few years, he knows he’ll be spending the rest of his lifetime in this place. He loves being here. He loves greeting the familiar doctors and nurses’ faces. He knows some of the patients too. Why wouldn’t he? His father pretty much runs this hospital.

“Oh? Kyuhyun?”

He looked up to face the man with a white uniform on. He was wearing the same old crooked tie that the man apparently loves; purple one at that. The man had a dimple on his left cheek. The man that he has known since he came into this world.

“Dr. Park!” Kyuhyun exclaimed, immediately pulling the man into his embrace. “It’s been too long, too long.”

The doctor laughed. “If you would’ve been visiting your father, then maybe we would’ve seen each other a lot, right?”

Kyuhyun scoffed. “You know that he’s always busy. He doesn’t even come home anymore.” Then he shrugged. “I’m not here for him. I’m here for you. Can we talk in your office?”

The doctor laughed once again. “Do I have a choice?”

The doctor led the way to his office, but it wasn’t like Kyuhyun didn’t know where it was. He knows exactly where it is. He knows exactly how many steps it takes to get there from the elevator. He knows what the room looks like even when he’s standing outside with the door closed. He’s been here so many times.

Dr. Park is one of his mom’s best friends after all.

The moment the doctor closed the door, Kyuhyun sat on the swiveling chair that he had always loved. He remembers how his mom and the doctor would just laugh at everything they both say while he sits in that swiveling chair. He can still remember the last time that he’s been in that office. He was eight years-old and at that time, he didn’t know why his mom was saying goodbye to that office.

“Leeteuk,” Kyuhyun called out. “How’s my mom?”

The doctor smiled. “She’s fine.”

“Of course.” There was practically nothing else to say. “Anyway, I came here to ask for help.”

“I’m here to see if I can help,” Leeteuk said with a smile.

“I have this friend… and he’s pregnant.”

Leeteuk quickly sat up on his seat. “You said ‘he’? Is this person named Lee Sungmin?”

Kyuhyun eyebrows creased. “How did you know his name?”

“Kyuhyun, I happen to have a cousin that you’re bullying in your school.”

“Amber,” Kyuhyun said, gritting his teeth.

“She came to ask me for help too. What do you expect? She’s a nurse, not an OB-GYN like me.”

“I know. I owe my life to her right now.”

“I heard that’s Donghae’s child. Is it true?”

Kyuhyun nodded his head.

“That spoiled brat. I knew there was something in him that I didn’t like. That’s why I was against your mom being all best friends with his mom, and you being best friends with him.”

“Donghae’s not that bad. It’s just that, he has a lot of stuff to think about. He’s only sixteen. And—Ah!” Kyuhyun suddenly exclaimed. “It’s his birthday today!”

“Okay, well, now that he’s seventeen, maybe he could come back and take care of that child. I’m pretty sure he can balance schooling and baby sitting at the same time. He’s never the type to study anyway.”

Kyuhyun then grinned. “It’s funny because ever since he started dating Sungmin, he changed a lot. He brings actual books into class now, not those Marvel comic books. He also does his homework, but of course, he gets a ‘B’ for trying.”

A knock came at the door, and when the familiar doctor peeped in, Kyuhyun flew across the room to hug the man behind the door.

“I wonder who this jumpy kid is?” The other doctor said while laughing.

“I haven’t been sick for quite a while, and you already forgot about me, Dr. Kim?” Kyuhyun grumbled.

“How does a pediatrician forget their favorite patient?” Dr. Kim said, pulling away from the hug. “My, my, have you grown! You’re even taller than me now!”

“How are you? How’s your girlfriend? What was her name? Penelope or something?” Kyuhyun asked, with Dr. Kim coming in the office and closing the door. Kyuhyun sat back down on the swiveling chair, while Dr. Kim leaned on the wall.

“Penelope? I don’t even remember dating someone named Penelope,” Kibum said, his hand on his chin as if he’s thinking about it.

“You know, blonde hair? Extremely pale skin? Short? Foreigner?” It seemed like Kibum didn’t really remember because he was just staring at Kyuhyun confusedly. “You told me she was the one that you were going to marry!” Kyuhyun spat, laughing.

“I really don’t remember. I dated too many girls to even remember—ouch!”

Leeteuk had hit Dr. Kim with a folder on the head. “That’s where Kyuhyun got your ways, Kim Kibum! Now he’s the number one player in his school!”

Kibum turned to face Kyuhyun. “Number one?”

Kyuhyun smirked at him.

“Congrats my little prodigy!” Kibum said, fist bumping with Kyuhyun.

Leeteuk scoffed. “And then you wonder why the kid is being ignored by his father.”

“Speaking of your father, he’s here in the building today. Want to go visit him?” Kibum asked Kyuhyun, but the latter shook his head.

“He’s busy.”

Leeteuk patted his shoulder. Leeteuk and Kibum are the only ones who understand him truly besides Donghae.

And his brother.

“Should we eat dinner together?” Kibum offered.

“Nah,” Kyuhyun responded. “I need to go home.”

“You never got to tell me what you wanted, Kyuhyun,” Leeteuk said.

“I’m pretty sure you already know what I want without me saying it,” Kyuhyun replied with a smirk. He went up to Leeteuk and hugged the man. This is the man that his mother holds onto for support. His mother’s pillar of support the moment she came to this unfamiliar country. If not for Leeteuk, he probably wouldn’t be here.

“You should visit your mom sometimes,” Leeteuk whispered into his ear.

“You know my dad won’t let me,” Kyuhyun whispered back, breaking away from the hug to quickly hug the other doctor in the room.

“I’ll miss you, Kyuhyun,” Kibum told him, when they broke away from the hug.

“I know,” Kyuhyun said, smiling at both of them. “I have to go now.”

 

~

 

He was standing outside the hospital.

The sound of the sirens from the ambulance can be heard, and the cold air that was blowing that night made him shiver.

He looks up at the tall building, and frowns at that one window on the fifteenth floor, which lights are on, and a silhouette of a tall man can be seen. He frowns at the thought that it’s been too long since he had seen that tall man’s face. He frowns at the thought that the man doesn’t even bother to come home. He frowns at the thought that maybe, just maybe, he wanted to take the initiative to see the man.

But then again, thoughts are just thoughts.

He breathes out a heavy amount of air, and the coldness of his surroundings turned it into a puff of cloud.

“Hyung, when are you coming back? I’m getting lonely without you,” he said as he starts walking back to his car.  

 

 

 

 

(A/N): Double Update~ ^^ I don't have school today so might as well update twice, right? hihihihi

Funfact: I was actually suppose to be born on November 13. IDK why I was in a rush of coming out of this world. grrr ><

Song Recommendation: Missing Piece- David Choi  i love this song so much! omg! i just...urgh i love all of David Choi's songs! everyone should go listen to it!!! 

CONGRATS TO HANGENG!! I'm so proud of him!! After all that sht he had to put through, I'm glad he was able to rise up once again. Some of the hurt ELF needs to stop being hurt, okay? Get over it. I'm p'sure SJ is happy for him too. So let's all be good ELFs :)

Anyway, have a wonderful day/night my lovessssss~ <3