Lee Donghae

Rumored Love Story

 

Donghae tried running after Sungmin, but the latter was just too fast paced of a walker.

Donghae searched the parking lot, but he remembered that Sungmin probably wouldn’t be capable to own a car.

Donghae reached the gates, and that’s where he saw the person he’s been looking for a couple of minutes now.

“Sungmin!” Donghae shouted, but Sungmin didn’t turn around. “Sungmin!”

Donghae ran after Sungmin. He grabbed the latter’s wrist so that he can see his face. Donghae was taken aback that there were tears strolling down Sungmin’s face.

“What do you want?!” Sungmin snapped, yanking his arms off of Donghae’s grasp to wipe his tears away.

“How many times have I made you cry?” Donghae felt his own eyes betraying him, and that it’s only about time that he’ll be crying along Sungmin’s side.

But he didn’t.

Because what Sungmin said next shocked him.

“None.”

None.

None.

None.

Those words kept ringing in and out of Donghae’s ears. It sounded so beautiful yet heartbreaking knowing the real reason why Sungmin’s crying.

“Look, Donghae, I’m not in the mood to talk. I’m so tired. I just want to go home,” Sungmin said, turning around once again, but was held back by Donghae who quickly embraced him.

Sungmin stood unmovable which Donghae appreciated.

“I don’t ever want to see you cry again. I didn’t know that my best friend has been hurting you this much. I’m not going to ask you for his forgiveness.”

Donghae pulled away from the hug. He stared into Sungmin’s swollen, red eyes. It was still the same eyes that he’d fallen in love with back in middle school. It was still those pretty brown eyes that mesmerized him into falling in love with the guy.

And at that moment, he was convinced that he owns those eyes now.

He’s convinced that he will be staring at those eyes for the rest of his life.

He’s convinced that Sungmin, is his.

“Sungmin, where did you get your eyes from? Was it your dad’s or your mom’s?” Donghae asked while caressing Sungmin’s tear-stained cheeks.

Sungmin sniffed. “I have my dad’s eyes.”

“They’re lovely.”

By this time, everyone was out of the school. Well, that’s what Donghae supposedly thinks since he’s been staring into Sungmin eyes for a long time now.

Sungmin let him stare anyway.

As cliché as it seems, it literally seemed like nothing else mattered at this moment. It seemed like they were the only two people in this world. It seemed like Sungmin, is his world.

“Sungmin.”

“Yes?”

“What exactly should I do so I can have you?”

“Donghae, you know the reason why we can’t be together. I’m-“ Sungmin stopped. Donghae watched him, burrowing his eyebrows when tears were starting to fill Sungmin’s eyes once again. “I’m nothing.”

Nothing.

Nothing. That’s what Sungmin is. That’s what Kyuhyun told him. That’s what the society named him compared to a rich person like Donghae.

“Is that what Kyuhyun told you?”

“W-what?” Sungmin tried to avoid Donghae’s gaze, but Donghae can see it clearly in Sungmin’s face that he was correct.

“Don’t be afraid to tell me. I know you’re protecting my friendship with Kyuhyun, but please don’t listen to him. You’re not a nothing, Sungmin. In fact, you’re everything. You’re everything to me, Sungmin. To me.”

Screw cheesy words because that’s what exactly Donghae wants Sungmin to know. To others, Sungmin might be nothing, but to him, Sungmin is his everything.

Donghae grinned when he saw Sungmin blush. Truthfully, if it was one of those girls that he dated, he would’ve slapped them for believing his words, but Sungmin’s blush is so precious to him that he just wanted to kiss him. “You’re blushing.”

“No I’m not,” Sungmin defended.

“Yes you are! Look.” Donghae held Sungmin’s face up. “See, you can’t even look at me anymore.”

“Shut up.”

“Only if you seal my lips with yours.” Donghae smirked because Sungmin is redder than ever.

“I really need to go home now,” Sungmin said, trying to hide his face by looking somewhere else.

“I can take you home.”

“No thank you. I can just take the bus.”

Donghae smiled. “I’ve never ridden on a bus before.”

“I didn’t think so either. Next time, I promise I’ll let you ride the bus with me.”

“Are you asking me out, Sungmin?”

“Why, of course! Because riding a bus is a very good place to have a date.”

They both laughed. Their laugh harmonized perfectly along the warm autumn air. If it was recorded into some type of song, Donghae would be listening to it all day.

Sungmin started walking to the bus stop, but Donghae called him out again. “Do you promise that you won’t ever cry again because of my best friend?”

“I promise. I guess it’s just my emotions getting the best of me. Don’t worry. I’m not mad at your best friend. I know he’s just mad at me because I’m smarter than him.”

Donghae grinned. “Don’t let him hear that.”

Sungmin held up his fingers with the thumb and the forefinger shaped into an ‘O’ signaling that they have an agreement.

Donghae turned around to walk back to the school’s parking lot, but this time, Sungmin called out for him.

He slowly turned around and saw Sungmin running towards him. When Sungmin reached Donghae, he wrapped his arms around Donghae’s neck.

“Thank you,” Sungmin whispered. “Thank you for liking me.”

~

“Wow you’re all smiley faces today, what happened?” Heechul asked, taking a bite of his apple.

 “My dad gave me my allowance for this week,” Donghae responded without looking up from a Pre-Calculus book.

“But you get your allowance on Sundays. It’s Thursday. And why the hell are you reading a Pre-Calculus book? Wait, that’s mine!”

Donghae smacked his teeth when Heechul snatched the book from him. “I need it back. I left my book at home and apparently, Ms. Kim is having a test today. She’s setting me up for failure.”

“Well in that case, here.” Heechul handed the book back to Donghae, and his eyes suddenly lit up when he saw his boyfriend. “Baby!”

Donghae watched Heechul run up to Hangeng and he immediately remembered what happened yesterday.

Donghae was busy trying to remember how Sungmin hugged him yesterday. He was even mumbling words like a crazy person.

“Hey.”

Donghae’s body jolted up when he realized that Sungmin is sitting beside him.

“Christ! You scared me!”

“Well you were busy trying to hug yourself. Not my fault,” Sungmin said, giggling at Donghae who is hitting his head. “Don’t do that. You’ll be stupider than you already are.”

“Oh, so now you’re being mean.”

Sungmin giggled once again. “I just wanted to say hi. I gotta go. Henry’s probably waiting for me in class now.”

“I’ll go with you.”

Sungmin gaped at Donghae.

“Donghae, it is only 7:30. You have fifteen minutes till class starts. Are you sick?”

Clearly, that’s the first time Donghae initiated on coming to class early. But hey, anything for Sungmin. And maybe Mr. Choi will award him with something; extra credit will be good.

“Sure, why not? Can’t a stupid person come to class early?”

“You’re not stupid. I was just kidding when I said that. Please don’t-“

Donghae laughed at Sungmin’s seriousness. “Stop that.”

“Stop what?” Sungmin pouted.

“Being extremely cute. Don’t blame me if I kiss you all of a sudden.”

Sungmin covered his mouth. “You wouldn’t!”

“I don’t know. Knowing my wild hormones, I think I might even do something more. Oww!”

Heechul had thrown the apple’s core at Donghae’s head. “Lee Donghae, stop scaring Sungmin!”

“Damn Heechul! That hurts!”

“You deserve it, dim wit!” Hangeng retorted. “Hi, Sungmin.”

Sungmin flashed a huge smile. “Hi, Hangeng. Hello, Heechul. I’ll leave you guys alone. Henry must be lonely by himself.”

“I told you I’m coming. Let me just get my bag.” Donghae picked his bag up from the bench. “I’m all set.”

“Wait. Hold up. Lee Donghae, you’re going to class? You, Lee Donghae, are going to class before the bell rings? I can’t believe this,” Hangeng said, ruffling Donghae’s hair, but his hand was immediately slapped away.

Donghae decided to ignore the lovers and started walking with Sungmin. He couldn’t help but smile all the way to their class. Everyone was looking at them.

Everyone knew that Sungmin is off limits. Although, Sungmin didn’t know.

Everyone knew that Sungmin belongs to Donghae.

Everyone knew, but Sungmin.

“Can I hold your hand?”

Sungmin chuckled. “No.”

“Can I put my arm around your waist?”

“Hmmm, no.”

“Then what can I do?”

“Pass the Pre-Calculus test today.”

“Then I can do whatever I want?”

Sungmin stopped in front of their classroom, and then smirked. “Maybe.” Sungmin ran up to where Henry was sitting and hugged him.

Donghae sat on his chair, and then grinned widely. “ yes.” 

 

 

(A/N): Really sorry I didn't update yesterday. I'm suffering intense depression since the first of July and I just couldn't bring myself to turn on my laptop. I will be updating tomorrow and Friday too, but I probably won't be updating for the rest of July because I'm going to be busy with school works for August. I'm literally just on the computer now because of the MV. 

About my depression...don't worry about me. I'll be fine. LOOOOL like you guys would care but yeah. 

Enjoy :) PLEASE COMMENT :) iloveyou :)