Pearl So

Rumored Love Story

 

She was happily walking along the hallway that Thursday afternoon on her way to the cafeteria to meet up with Kyuhyun. She couldn’t stop giggling as she reminds herself that she’s about to have a hot make-out scene with Kyuhyun in the library. She could honestly say that lunch time is her favorite time in school.

“You look stupid giggling in the hallway by yourself like that.”

Pearl looks at the person, then scoffed. “Choi Sooyoung?” Sooyoung scoffs back at her, and so did her friends.

“I bet you’re on your way to the library now, huh? I was like you too. Cho Kyuhyun takes his girls to the library; third row to the left all the way at the back. Am I right, Pearl?” Sooyoung said with a smirk. “Don’t think you’re so special you .”

“Ahh, but you see, Sooyoung, the definition of a is that the girl will have with anyone that she finds easy. I, on the other hand, am not that type of person. You, on the other hand, could say that to yourself, ,” Pearl retaliated.

Sooyoung couldn’t take the embarrassment and decided to walk away with her friends trailing behind her. The truth is, Pearl was surprised that she was even able to say that. She hates getting into arguments with other girls, that’s why she doesn’t have a lot of friends. She wouldn’t really call herself a loner because then what would you call the boys that follow her everywhere?

Kyuhyun was definitely one of the best things that had happened in her life. Albeit the fact that she knows Kyuhyun likes someone else, she still wants to try it out; after all, she did like him a lot last year.

But that was last year. This year, she doesn’t even know.

Every time Kyuhyun and her lips would touch, she felt nothing. She knew from the moment that Kyuhyun asked her out two days ago, there was something wrong. She wasn’t the type of girl that Kyuhyun goes for. She knows that Kyuhyun only goes for those innocent girls.

She thought Sooyoung had come back when she felt a hand land on her shoulder. She rudely turns around and finds Kim Heechul with the same kind of boorish looking face.

“Come with me,” Heechul orders.

No one in their right mind would turn down something that Kim Heechul tells them, so she followed him. He led her to the rooftop, and sat on the bench. He patted the space next to him for her to sit down, and she did.

“What’s this about?” Pearl asks him while taking a seat on the empty space.

“Do you want me to go straight to the point or should I tell you a beautiful story first?” Heechul said, slouching on the bench with his hands in his pocket.

“Straight to the point, please. I do not want to die frozen to death out here. What’s this all about?” Pearl replies, rubbing her hands together to create heat.

“Break up with Kyuhyun,” Heechul straightforwardly said.

Pearl chuckles. “That’s quite funny.”

“Pearl, break up with Kyuhyun.”

Pearl clears when she realized that Heechul was serious. “Why?”

“He’s only using you because of me. He likes someone else.”

“I knew it,” she murmured. “Why don’t you tell him to break up with me instead then?”

“He won’t do it. Trust me.”

“What if I don’t want to break up with him?”

“So you want to hear the beautiful story?” Heechul teases her. "This will definitely make you break up with him." 

“No way! I’m pretty sure it’s about you and Hangeng anyway.”

“Will you just break up with Kyuhyun?” Heechul asks one more time.

“It’s Sungmin isn’t it?” Pearl asked, making Heechul sit up. “It’s pretty obvious. He totally got rid of me yesterday just so he could spend some time with Sungmin. I would know since I stayed after school for modeling club. He thought I went home, but I came back through the back door. I saw them, and surprisingly, I didn’t feel any jealousy at all.”

“Kyuhyun that rotten bastard. I’ll get him for you, Pearl.”

Pearl hits him on the arm. “Are you crazy? I wouldn’t want to be the reason why you guys would fight. Honestly, I’m okay. I will break up with Kyuhyun. Besides, I don’t date guys longer than five days.”

“Everyone’s right; you are a ,” Heechul said, shaking his head in disbelief.

“I am,” she said with a wink.

~

The next day, she found Sungmin walking in the hallway by himself.

She followed the guy, and realized that he was going to go to the rooftop.

“Seriously, do guys not get cold or something?” She muttered to herself quietly. She watched as Sungmin opened the door to the rooftop, then waited for a couple of minutes before she followed him once again.

Sungmin was sitting on the same bench that she and Heechul were sitting at yesterday. She flipped her hair, then strutted in front of Sungmin. She looks down at the guy, and then smirked.

“Lee Sungmin?”

The guy looked up at her, confusion completely written on his face which she found comical. “Yes?”

“You’re one lucky piece of .”

“E-Excuse me?”

She smiles. “May I take a seat next to you?”

Sungmin sneered at her. “You call me a piece of , and now you want to sit beside me? Take that attitude somewhere else.”

“Trust me, this will be good.” She took a seat beside Sungmin, and placed her hands on her lap just in case the wind suddenly blows it up. “So, how are you?”

“Cut the Pearl. What is it that you want?” Sungmin snaps at her.

“Guess who was the first girl ever to break up with the great Cho Kyuhyun?”

“Is this supposed to be a trick question?”

Pearl rolls her eyes at him. “It’s me, Mr. Top 1 of Class of 1997.”

She didn’t know how petrified Sungmin looked exactly, but when the latter just stared at her for a really long time she wanted to start calling the ambulance. Sungmin still didn’t say anything to her when he finally moved again. They just sat there, and she waited a couple more minutes until she sees that Sungmin is already talking to her.

“I’m sorry; I didn’t hear what you said.” Pearl leans closer to Sungmin so that she could hear him clearly this time.

“I said, what happened? Why did you two break up? Did Kyuhyun do something wrong?” Sungmin asked her. She could tell that Sungmin is really worried about Kyuhyun. She can see it in his eyes. She wished she never went out with Kyuhyun now. The look in Sungmin’s eyes is so incomparable to anyone else’s.

“No, it’s not him. As a matter of fact, he’s amazing.”

“Then, what’s the reason?”

“I think he deserves someone better. Someone that actually takes him seriously. Someone that actually doesn’t get tired of dating the same person for over a week.”

“Is he okay?”

“Is… is… he o-okay?” She laughs at him. “Is he okay?! The guy clung onto my arm like a koala asking me not to leave him! Is he okay? No! He looked stupid. I mean why—“

Sungmin didn’t even let her finish, and left. She grins at Sungmin’s retreating figure. She lets out a deep sigh. “Why would he cling so much to me when he knows he can finally go to you instead?”

She stands up from the bench, and starts to make her way back down to the school. Lunch time was over, and everyone was in the hallway at their lockers.

She stood up straight, and strides through the hallway; throwing around her signature smile to the boys that were almost drooling over her. “Time to find another boyfriend on Monday.” 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N): What did I tell you guys, huh!??! hihihi~ Pearl, gtfo bye btch. :P The journey is still far for KyuMin. Let's travel together, yes? The comments you guys are giving are so lovely. It makes me happy reading them while I'm in class lol. Thank you my lovely readers <33333 Just so that I can compensate for suddenly throwing Pearl in, I'll give you guys a spoiler: NEITHER SUNGMIN NOR KYUHYUN WILL BE IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH ANYONE ELSE. That's all for now. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY/NIGHT!! :D *snores*