Lee Sungmin

Rumored Love Story

 

Sungmin wakes up with a smile that Monday morning. His alarm didn’t go off that morning, but then he realized, it was never set in the beginning. He had a class in about an hour, and Kyuhyun could probably come in any minute now. But he just lay sprawled out on his bed. He rubs his tummy, and hums out a tune.

Today marks the first month since he found out that he was pregnant.

Sungmin sits up on his bed, his hand still carefully rubbing his tummy. “Baby, stay healthy, okay? I’ll stay with you.” He sighs. “I’ll stay with you. I won’t let anything harm you.”

“Sungmin,” his mother yells and bangs on his door. “You’re going to be late!”

“Yes mom—“ Sungmin quickly covers his mouth when he felt a rush of nauseating pain shoot through his body.  He quickly got up from his bed, and ran out his bedroom, pass his mother, and into the bathroom to throw up. He bent down in front of the toilet, and started gagging like crazy, but nothing came out. His mother suddenly came in the bathroom with a capsule in one of her hands, and a glass of water on the other. Sungmin immediately drank the medicine, and sighs. He smiled at his mother, and then hugged her. “Oh mom, what would I do without you?”

His mother chuckles lightly. “I have no idea.”

Sungmin sighs once again into his mom’s shoulder. “I love you, mom.”

“I love you too, Sungmin.”

Sungmin was the first to pull away from the hug. He kisses his mother on the cheek, and proceeds back to his daily routine.

When he was already changed into his uniform, the doorbell rang twice. He ran down the stairs to open the door, and smiles at the person that was in front of him.

“Henry!” Sungmin exclaimed.

“I know you’re excited, but we have to go or we’ll be late,” Henry said.

“Let me go get my lunch.” Sungmin ran in the kitchen, where he met his pouting mother. “I’ll eat breakfast with you tomorrow, okay?” He grabs his packed lunch from the counter, then places a kiss on his mother’s cheek, then ran back to Henry.

“We’re never going to make it in time,” Sungmin states, putting his packed lunch in his bag. “I mean, the bus doesn’t come until… Cho Kyuhyun?!”

Kyuhyun brought his finger up to his lips. “Be quiet! You’re going to wake up the neighbors! Is he always like this, Henry? Does he always yell so early in the morning and late at night?”

Henry looked at Sungmin, and then at Kyuhyun. “Nope,” he said. “Can we skip the part where you guys argue? We need to go to school.”

Sungmin shook his head in disbelief. He actually thought that for the first time in a long while, he was going to be riding the bus with his best friend. But then here comes Cho Kyuhyun again. Did he really make such a big sin that this is the only way the man up there would punish him?

Kyuhyun opened the passenger’s seat for him. He glanced at Kyuhyun for a second, and then got in the car. When Kyuhyun closed the door, he opened the door for Henry.

The moment the door closed, Henry tapped him on the shoulder. “Seriously, did you drug him? How did he become such a gentleman?”

Sungmin just shrugged at the same time Kyuhyun entered the car. Kyuhyun picked up a blue tumbler, and then handed it to Sungmin. “Hot chocolate.”

Sungmin couldn’t help but smile at Kyuhyun. He drank a huge amount of the beverage, and then smiles again at Kyuhyun. “I love it, thanks.”

 

~

 

The strong headache that he suddenly started having while he was in Miss Hwang’s class cannot faze him from answering the problem on the board.

He started writing the answer with the chalk, but then he dropped it when he got to the letter “T”. He holds on to his aching head, while he leans on the teacher’s desk.

Henry who probably noticed that he wasn’t feeling well was already beside him, holding onto him.

“Sungmin? Sungmin? Can you hear me?” He heard his teacher’s faint voice. His eyes were closing, but he was trying hard to stay awake.

His brain mentally screamed at his eyes, “close goddamn it,” and in the end, his brain won.

 

There he was lying on the white sheets of the hospital bed, looking up at the ceiling.

He could hear voices outside; Kyuhyun’s voice. The guy was yelling. To whom? He doesn’t know either, but the way Kyuhyun yelled made him realize that the person he’s yelling at is one of the doctors in this hospital.

“He’s not going to give up that baby, Dr. Park!” He heard Kyuhyun yell. So he was yelling at a doctor. “He cares too much for that baby to even think about giving it up!”

And then he heard his mom speak. “Don’t worry, Dr. Park. I’ll make sure that Sungmin gives up the baby.” Sungmin broke into sobs. How could his own mother be unsupportive of him? He knows he can take care of the baby no matter how much pain he has to go through. He wants this baby. He needs this baby. Nobody, no doctor, not even his own mother, can make him give it up.

“Mrs. Lee!” He heard Kyuhyun scream again. “Do you not understand your son?! He has gone this far to give it up! He went through all that that Donghae put him through just so you can tell him to give up? He even went as far as lying to everyone in school that he gave up the baby! What more do you want from him?!”

“Do you not understand the situation, Mr. Cho?!” His mom yelled back at Kyuhyun. “My son’s life could be in danger! I’d rather that thing inside him loses its life than my own son!”

“Enough!” Sungmin yelled from his room. He was so sure that they heard him because he heard nothing but the beeps on his monitor.

Kyuhyun was the first to enter the room, and then Dr. Park, and then his mom and Henry. He didn’t even know that Henry was there because he didn’t hear him talk the whole time that they were having an argument outside.

“Sungmin, how are you feeling, sweetie?” His mom asked.

“Like a piece of crap!” He retaliated to his mother, who was so taken aback that she almost fell on the floor if Henry didn’t hold onto her. “Why, mom? Why?”

Sungmin could already tell that his mom was fighting back the tears in her eyes. “I’m just trying to protect you, Sungmin. I don’t want to lose you. Your father already left me, do you really think I’d let you leave too?”

Sungmin broke into sobs, as well as his mother. Truthfully, this is a hard decision. Not everyone would be happy. If he gives up the baby, he’d be devastated; while everyone else celebrates that he gets to live. Sungmin turns to face the doctor. His eyesight was a bit blurry because of the continuous tears that were flowing out of his eyes.

“Is it really… is it really best to give up the baby?” Sungmin asks, gripping the white bed sheet with rage. The doctor nodded, and that’s when he lost it. The sound of his cries filled the whole room. He doesn’t know what to do. He’s only sixteen years-old! Why does he have to make a life decision this serious at such a young age?

Why does this have to happen to him out of all the people in this world?

Why him?

“Sungmin, whatever you choose, I’ll always be here for you,” Henry choked out. His best friend wasn’t crying, but he can tell that he’s about to.

As much as he didn’t want to, he turned to face Kyuhyun. He waits for answer from the latter. But he didn’t get any. All Kyuhyun did was stare right back at him. Kyuhyun brown eyes reflected him, and he could’ve sworn he found the answer in those beautiful eyes of Kyuhyun’s.

Kyuhyun walked closer to him, and brought him into a powerful embrace.

Sungmin clung onto Kyuhyun’s shoulders as much as he can. He cried onto those broad shoulders. He didn’t want to have an argument with Kyuhyun right now. All he wants the guy to do is to hug him. He might not want to admit it, but he needs it. He needs Kyuhyun.

He didn’t care if his starting to stain Kyuhyun’s uniform shirt with his tears and snot.

 He didn’t care if he’s hugging the one person that he wouldn’t want to be caught dead with.

He didn’t care anymore because he was there like he promised.

“K-Kyuhyun,” he finally spoke up. “What should I do?”

Kyuhyun caressed his back soothingly and with so much care. “Whatever you feel like is right, Sungmin. Just now, I’ll take care of you. I’ll always be here for you.”

Sungmin buries his face deep into the crook of Kyuhyun’s neck. “You promise?”

He felt Kyuhyun kiss his head. “I promise.”

 

~

 

“Mr. Lee, now that you’ve decided to keep the baby, I’m going to need you to visit me at least three times a month to do a regular check-up. Please start eating healthier, you can refer to the diet plan that my nurse has given you. I’m pretty sure that Kyuhyun already recommended you to take medicines; I’d advise you to continue doing that. And, oh, no stress!” Dr. Park advocated before walking up to Kyuhyun. “As for you, you little brat, I’m going to assign you as Mr. Lee’s personal nurse, okay?”

“You’re asking me to take care of this person?” Kyuhyun scoffed. “I’ll be dead before that baby even comes out! Save me, Leeteuk!”

Sungmin smacked Kyuhyun on the back of his head. “If you don’t shut up, I’ll make you dead now!”

They all broke into laughter, but when Sungmin noticed his mom just silently sitting on the bench, blowing warm air into her hands; he trudged to her side, and sat on the bench as well.

“Hey, mom,” he greeted.

“Don’t hey mom me,” his mom stormed. “I don’t like you right now.”

“Mom, I’ll be fine. I’m going to do what Dr. Park advised me to do, and I’ll be fine. Trust me? Please?” Sungmin pleaded. “I won’t leave you the way dad left us. I’ll stay right beside you.”

“That’s not the only thing I’m mad about, Lee Sungmin. Tell me, do you have feelings for Cho Kyuhyun?”

“Mom! How many times do we have to establish this? We’re just…” Sungmin paused to think about what he and Kyuhyun are. What are they now? Friends?

“Don’t blame me for what I feel about him. But after what his best friend did to you, I just don’t think I can bring myself to trust him as well.”

Sungmin frowns at his mom. He’s not mad at her for not being able to trust any other guy now that gets close to him. Just like his mom, he blames Donghae too for a lot of what he's going through right now. But then again, he’s thankful for Donghae for one thing...

 

Cho Kyuhyun. 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N): omg. omg. omg. i have reached 200+ subscribers already?! and 12 upvotes?! 9000 views?! omg! WHY?! WHY?! WHY?! i'm so speechless. /faints/ THANK YOU EVERYONE!! ♥ /farts/ 

Quote: “Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.” 

― J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire 

have a good weekend~ ^^