Lee Sungmin

Rumored Love Story

 

What else was he supposed to say after Kyuhyun said that to him?

So, is that the reason why Kyuhyun has been nice to him for the past few weeks? Reason being he wants to protect him? Why? Then again, he could’ve just asked Kyuhyun why, but he got so confused that he ran out of the car into his house as fast as he could.

There’s no reason to be nice to him, he thought since the baby’s gone anyway. Plus, he and Donghae broke up already, shouldn’t Kyuhyun be ecstatic?

Cho Kyuhyun, what exactly are you playing at?

He quickly reached for his phone in his pocket, and dialed the only person whom he knows that could help.

“You actually remember that you have a phone, huh? I’m getting pretty mad at you! You’ve been hanging out with Kyuhyun for the past two weeks,” the person on the other line complained.

“I’m really sorry, Henry,” Sungmin said, chuckling at his best friend’s childishness. “But hey, we’re in the same classes every day.”

“I know, but still! I miss making fun of that stinky man in the bus with you! I’m so lonely,” Henry said, sighing.

“I’m sorry. I’ll make it up to you. I promise.”

Henry giggled. “I’ll hold onto that then. So, what’s up? How are you feeling?”

“I feel so much better than this morning. That extra sleep that I got in the clinic really helped.”

“I’d have to thank Kyuhyun then. He’s so stupid. There were three nurses available, and he still did that.”

Sungmin’s eyebrows rose up in confusion. “What do you mean? Did what?”

“He didn’t tell you?”

“No.”

“Oh, well, I saw him in the restroom during… hmmm… I think it was during the third class in the morning, and well, he asked about you, you know, if you were still gagging, so I told him that you are. And then I told him that I already took you to the clinic because I was getting scared, then he rushed out the bathroom. I visited you during lunch time, and found him there, so I realized that he must’ve skipped class.”

Sungmin’s mouth fell out of shock.

Cho Kyuhyun, the second best in their year, skipped class for him?

“Sungmin? Are you still there?”

Sungmin cleared his throat. “Oh… uhmmm… yeah, I’m still here. Sorry. I’m just… surprised.”

“I was too. He’s been really nice these days. You didn’t happen to slip in some type of potion in his morning coffee, haven’t you?”

“Coffee? He doesn’t drink coffee in the morning. It’s hot chocolate.”

“Oh, right, of course you would know,” Henry teased.

It wasn’t his fault that he knew. The sweet smelling aroma of the sweet drink literally fills up the whole car in the morning. Besides, Kyuhyun brought some for him too one time. Or was it twice already?

“Anyway, so what did you call for?”

“K-Kyuhyun, he said t-that he’ll protect me from now on.”

Henry busted out laughing over the phone which made Sungmin move his phone away from his ear for a couple of seconds. He knows that Henry thought he was just joking, but when he didn’t say anything, Henry’s laughter died out.

“You’re serious?”

Sungmin nodded as if Henry could see him.

“But wait, why would he say that?”

“That’s why I called you. I’m so confused Henry. What if he’s planning something? What if he makes me like him, and then he tells Donghae that I’ve been cheating on him? What if—“

“Hold up! First of all, Donghae already broke up with you, so stop thinking about how he’d think you’re cheating on him because you’re not doing anything wrong at all. Secondly, stop being so paranoid. Maybe Kyuhyun really wants to change. Maybe he really feels bad that Donghae left you like that.”

Kyuhyun really cares about him?

“But Henry, what if he finds out that I’m still pregnant?”

There was silence, then Henry hummed. “Well, that’s another issue, isn’t it? Everybody’s going to know sooner or later, Sungmin. You’re not really thinking about disappearing all of a sudden, right?”

“If I have to, then I will.”

“You’re crazy.”

Sungmin chuckled. “That’s what got me pregnant, and my stupidity.”

“Sungmin, don’t bring yourself down like that…”

“No, it’s fine! I’ve accepted it.”

“You should get some sleep.”

“I guess I should take a nap. I’ll talk to you next time.”

Henry hummed in response, and that’s when Sungmin cut the call off, and plopped down on his bed.

“Cho Kyuhyun, thank you,” he murmured before closing his eyes.

 

~

 

Sungmin woke up three hours later. It was now minutes past 8 PM, and his mom would be home soon.

He sets the hot cup of water, which he heated up in the microwave, on the counter. He shrieked when he laid two fishes in the frying pan because a bit of the hot oil splattered on his skin. He hisses at his arm, then goes back to frying the fish.

The sound of the door opening brought a smile upon Sungmin’s face. When was the last time that he cooked for his mom?

“I smell frying fish.” It was one of his mom’s favorite dishes. Yes, the dish is simple and easy to make, which is probably why she liked it a lot.

“I found it in the fridge and decided to cook it for you, mommy,” Sungmin said with a smile when his mom entered the kitchen.

“How are you feeling?” His mom asked.

“I’m feeling… fine,” Sungmin replied, taking the hot cup of water and placing a teabag in it. “Why?”

“Kyuhyun passed by the bakery today. He told me to give you the medicine, that he gave you weeks ago, tomorrow morning if you’re still gagging.”

Sungmin choked on his saliva, bringing up the hot tea to his lips, but choked once again because the beverage was too hot. “He said that?”

“Does he know?”

“No, he shouldn’t. He thinks that it’s the result of the abortion.”

Sungmin’s mom nods. “Watch what you’re cooking, it’ll burn.”

Sungmin sighed. “I know.”

“Sungmin, does Kyuhyun like you?”

Sungmin hisses once again when he suddenly flipped one fish on its opposite side resulting for the oil to splatter on his arm again. “Mom, just because he looks like he’s worried about me, doesn’t mean that he likes me.”

“Sungmin, I’m not letting him fall for you.”

“I’m not either,” Sungmin said, flipping the other fish on its other side.

“Don’t fall for him,” his mom said worriedly.

Sungmin looked at his mom, and then smiled. “I won’t.”

 

~

 

The second week of November came, and he felt the autumn wind starting to get colder than before. 

October was long forgotten, but memories of that horrible month are still haunting him. Except for the baby of course; the baby is taking it’s time to grow in his… shall we say, womb.

Kyuhyun was there though. The guy was always there. Even when he’s not looking, he’s been there. Sungmin himself couldn’t really say if he likes it or not. One thing he knows, he’s still not comfortable with it.

The loud shrill scream that the radio suddenly emitted woke him up from his daydream. He immediately glared at Kyuhyun who was in the driver’s seat, obviously enjoying the song.

“Could you turn that down, please?” Sungmin pleaded.

Kyuhyun merely smiled, and then went back to singing along with the radio. Kyuhyun has the perfect voice to be a rock singer. He had the feel of it too.

“Should we stop by to get some ice cream before I drop you home?” Kyuhyun suddenly asked.

Sungmin’s face brightened up at the sound of that. “Sure!”

“Ahhh, you pay then?”

Sungmin just glanced outside the window and in a way nodded his head.

“I was kidding. You’re too poor to pay for two ice creams,” Kyuhyun teased.

“Excuse me? I happen to have money on me right now,” Sungmin retorted quite angrily.

“You always say that,” said the chuckling Kyuhyun.

“You know what, never mind. Just drop me home.”

“I was just teasing Sungmin.”

Sungmin didn’t say anything.

“Oh come on! Don’t be like that! I said I was going to pay!”

Sungmin still didn’t say anything.

“Alright, fine, how about I buy you two cones of ice cream? Hmm?”

Sungmin grinned. “Alright then!”

Kyuhyun chuckled once again. “You’re unbelievable.”

 

Maybe he is getting used to this.

 

Besides, an enemy could become a friend, right?

 

Should they start being friends? 

 

 

 

(A/N): I'm enjoying all of these KyuMin interactions eeeep~ :">