Lee Sungmin

Rumored Love Story

 

Sungmin stopped in his tracks when he suddenly lost sight of Kyuhyun. He was so sure that the latter had turned to the corner at the right, but he wasn’t there. He walked up and down the now empty hallway, making sure that there weren’t any teachers around doing hall duty in catching skippers, but Sungmin knows well enough that he wasn’t skipping class right now. He finds it to be his duty to know if Kyuhyun is okay or else he won’t be able to sleep tonight if he knows that someone is holding a grudge against him.

Considering the fact that Kyuhyun already hates him as his competitor in academics, he doesn’t want to add another reason for the guy to hate him more.

“Now, now, sit here while I get you some ice from the teacher’s lounge.” Sungmin walked closer to where the sound was coming from, and soon realized that it was the nurse talking. “Seriously, that guy Taemin used up all the ice in my freezer after bumping into a post. Stupid kid.”

Sungmin jumped back when a petite built lady came out of the room, realizing that it was the nurse, Sungmin greeted her. “Hi Nurse Yuri.”

“Hello there,” Nurse Yuri responded with a smile.

“Mind if I look after that patient of yours?” Sungmin offered.

“Hmmm… come to think of it, yes please. Amber said she was just going to buy some food, but it’s been an hour, and she’s not back yet. Nurse Krystal is not here too, so yes, I could use your help.”

Sungmin smiled. He watched the nurse disappear in the hallway, and then opened the door to the clinic.

“That was fast,” Kyuhyun said, but frowned at the sight of Sungmin. “Kindly punch me on the right side of my jaw please. The other side still hurts quite a lot.”

Sungmin pulled out a chair to sit on, and faced the beat up Kyuhyun. He examined the forming bruise on Kyuhyun’s jaw, and bit his lips when he imagined it happening to him. The punch Donghae made really hit Kyuhyun’s jaw too hard. Plus the fact that the corner of Kyuhyun’s lips had started bleeding suddenly, made Sungmin panic on the spot.

“Your lip is bleeding.”

“I can taste the blood.”

“Wipe it off with tissue then.”

“I don’t want to.”

“Fine.”

Silence fell upon them. Sungmin kept on playing with his fingers, thinking why the nurse is taking too long just to get some ice from the teacher’s lounge that’s only a three minute walk away from here.

Soon enough, one afternoon class was over.

Sungmin cursed inside his head as he realizes that he skipped his favorite subject, which is Physics.

“Would you shut up?”

Sungmin suddenly looked up at Kyuhyun with his brows knitted in confusion. “Stop what?”

“Fidgeting and cursing under your breath. You don’t have to be here. Donghae’s probably looking for you right now. Go.”

Sungmin could’ve sworn that he wasn’t cursing out loud, but since Kyuhyun said so, he pursed his lips, and then laid his hands on his lap.

“I didn’t say to be quiet, idiot. I said go back to class.”

Sungmin shook his head.

“You were worried earlier this morning that people might see us together, and start to spread rumors around, yet here you are immovable only a couple of inches away from me. Idiot.”

“Stop calling me an idiot,” Sungmin growled.

Kyuhyun let out a chuckle that made Sungmin glare at him. “But you are.”

“I’m not.”

“Yes, you are.”

“I’m telling Donghae.”

“That’s what you’re good at.”

Sungmin watched as Kyuhyun’s eyes started to flare in anger, and started to pierce straight into his soul as if everything that happened forty-five minutes ago was all his fault.

And maybe it was.

But no, Kyuhyun is at fault too. Kyuhyun is the reason why Sungmin has been in a bad mood in all of his morning classes. Sungmin still hasn’t gotten an apology from him.

“I thought we’re okay now,” Kyuhyun said, leaning back on the chair, while ruffling his hair.

“Okay?” Sungmin scoffed. “We’re not okay.”

“But I apologized,” Kyuhyun defended, unwrapping a lollipop, and popping it in his mouth, but moaned when he suddenly bit down on it making his jaw ache.

Sungmin risen up from his seat with anger burning throughout his whole body. “Saying sorry in the most obnoxious way, and then kissing me on the cheeks, doesn’t count as an apology, Cho Kyuhyun!” Sungmin ranted.

“Who said I kissed you on the cheek? I was hungry, and there was a crumb on your cheek so I ate it,” Kyuhyun defended, constantly pointing the lollipop at Sungmin’s face.

“Even that doesn’t make sense! I didn’t even eat breakfast, dumb !”

“Woah there.  See, now you’re being mean! you!” Kyuhyun retorted.

“No, you!”

“Uh-oh, Donghae wouldn’t to hear you say that to me.”

“I didn’t mean it literally!” Sungmin yelled.

“But I did…”

“You son of a-“

“I’m back!” They both turned and faced Nurse Yuri that had a bag of ice that looked like she bought from the 7 Eleven down the street.

“Nurse Yuri, why did you bring back a bag of ice?” Kyuhyun questions as he popped the lollipop back in his mouth.

“First of all, I want you to throw that lollipop away.”

Kyuhyun grunted, but obeyed the nurse anyway.

“So, this school ran out of ice. That’s pretty much the whole reason why I had to run down to 7 Eleven to buy one, and I swear if that stupid kid, Taemin runs into a pole again, I will kill myself,” Nurse Yuri snapped.

“What grade is that Taemin in anyway?” Sungmin asked with a grin.

“He’s a senior.”

“And I thought freshmen are stupid,” Kyuhyun said.

“I thought so too,” Nurse Yuri replied. The remark brought laughter in the small clinic.

“Anyway, I need your help again mister…?” Nurse Yuri asks directly looking at Sungmin.

“Lee Sungmin.”

“Ah yes, Sungmin. The new co-captain of the soccer team. Well, the principal asked me to bring Mr. Taemin’s records to her.” Nurse Yuri walked to a cabinet, and pulled out a green piece of cloth. “Put some ice on here, and gently press down on Mr. Cho’s bruise.” Nurse Yuri took the folder that was on her table, and waved at Sungmin and Kyuhyun. “I’ll be back in a jiffy.”

“Great,” Kyuhyun muttered. “Now we’re alone again.”

Sungmin just ignored him, and started to do the job that the nurse asked him to do.

“Ouch!” Kyuhyun yelled. “She said gently press down on it, idiot!”

“Ouch! Gently!” Kyuhyun yelled once again. Sungmin was having too much fun in torturing Kyuhyun, so he pressed down hard on the bruise on Kyuhyun’s jaw. “Jesus Christ!”

Sungmin pouted when Kyuhyun snatched the green cloth away from him.

“Let me ing do it,” Kyuhyun snapped, dabbing the cloth on his jaw as lightly as possible.

“That’s not going to heal if you do it like that!” Sungmin snatched the cloth away from Kyuhyun. “Nurse Yuri told me to do it!”

“Who cares what she says?!”

“I do!”

“I don’t!”

“Stop being so stubborn, Cho Kyuhyun.”

“Why don’t you just whine about everything to my best friend, Lee Sungmin?!”

“You know what, fine. Fix your damn jaw by yourself. You deserve it anyway,” Sungmin roared, and then threw the green cloth at Kyuhyun’s lap, resulting for the ice to fall on the floor.

“I know.”

Sungmin gaped Kyuhyun for admitting that he’s the one at fault.

“Do you mind going back to class now? I want to be alone,” Kyuhyun muttered.

“But I’ll get in trouble by Nurse Yuri and-“ Sungmin tried to protest.

“I’ll handle it. I just want you to go back to Donghae’s side now. Please?”

The out of nowhere sincerity that’s coming from Kyuhyun felt kind of weird to Sungmin, but he listened to him anyway, and decided to walk back to class.

Second week of school and all of these dramas are already happening.

He glanced at his watch to check the time, and realized that it’s already the second to the last class he had for today.

He walked the hallway silently, and felt like there was nothing that he accomplished during the ninety minutes that he spent with Kyuhyun in the clinic.

But in those ninety minutes with Kyuhyun, he finally saw a side of the latter that he never saw before.

 

 

 

(A/N): REUPLOADED 

Rated M for language :)