Lee Sungmin

Rumored Love Story

 

The second week of school passed by so quickly.

It was now Saturday, and it’s also the first day that the soccer team starts their practice.

Sungmin blows his whistle as his teammate scores a goal.

“Okay everybody, take a quick break,” Sungmin yelled from the side.

“They’re getting really good.” A voice suddenly came from behind Sungmin. He turned around to face the person.

“What would I do without you, Kris? You’re graduating this school year. I don’t think I’ll be a good captain,” Sungmin stated.

The said Kris chuckled. “Coach Minho would still be able to help you. Besides, I know you’ll do great.”

“I’ve never thought  that that newbie could run that fast!” A player said, panting to catch some air as he asked for water from their team’s water boy, Onew.

“Just because he’s new, Kyungsoo, doesn’t mean he can’t run,” Kris snapped. “Why do you think we recruited him anyway?”

“Why didn’t you put Onew out there then? Why does he have to be a water boy?” Kyungsoo interrogated. “We both know Onew is better than that Jonghyun guy.”

Onew whimpered as he made his way closer to the three conversing. “Captain Kris, I’m fine. Please don’t put me out there yet.”

Kris smacked Sungmin on the arm as he laughed. “I won’t, Onew. It’s not the right time to put you out yet. Soon though. You’ll have to start training once I’m gone.”

Onew nodded, and then went back to the water jug as more players came to get some water.

“Why do we have to wait until you’re gone to put Onew in?” Sungmin curiously asked, taking a sip of water from his cup.

“Because…” Kris paused for a second. Sungmin was staring at the captain waiting for the reason, but the latter was just staring out into the field. Sungmin followed Kris’s gaze and there he saw, two guys literally almost eating each others’ faces.

Kris blew his whistle, and the two guys immediately separated from each other.

“Lord, mother of all holiness!” Kris yelled, and then he faced Sungmin. “I think those two are going to be your problem once I’m gone, Sungmin.”

Sungmin shook his head with a smile. “I don’t think so. After all, I was the one who brought those two together last year. I mean come on, they’re a cute couple!”

“No they’re not.” Another voice startled Sungmin. He turned his head to the side, and found the most annoyed face ever plastered on someone’s face.

“Xiumin, you scared me!” Sungmin exclaimed.

“I’m just saying. All those two do is kiss all day and night!” Xiumin explained. “Have you ever just walked inside the bathroom and all of a sudden you hear this extremely loud going on in one of the cubicles, and then one of them just screams out the other’s name?! I think not!”

“Calm down, Xiu Xiu.”

“Stop calling me Xiu Xiu, Suho!”

“You’re gonna have wrinkles if you stress out too much,” Suho said, dipping two of his fingers in his cup, and then flicked his hand to sprinkle the water on Xiumin’s face.

“What in the world?!” Xiumin yelled, making Suho shrug and then ran. “Come back here Kim Joonmyun!”

Sungmin laughed as he watched Xiumin chase Suho around the field.

“Never mind. I guess Chanyeol and Baekhyun is not your problem,” Kris said, laughing along with Sungmin. “It’s those two.”

“Why am I in a team filled with weirdos?” Kyungsoo suddenly asked.

Sungmin laughed even more. “I don’t know. Ask Coach Minho. He was the one who put us in this team.”

“At least he did a good job for putting Yixing and Key in this team. I mean, look at them.” Sungmin and Kris turned to face a skinny-guy trying to block the ball, which was being kicked by another skinny-guy, from getting in the net. “Key is like… the best goalie anyone can have. And then you have Mr. Hardworking Yixing who never misses a shot,” Kyungsoo enunciated. “Maybe this team isn’t full of weirdos after all.”

“Hyung! Sungmin hyung!”

Sungmin looked at the guy waving at him with a grin. “What do you want?”

“Would ‘you’ be the right answer?”

Sungmin waved the guy off as he advances towards him. “What do you want, Baekhyun?”

“I was thinking if Chanyeol and I could go home early since it’s my mother’s birthday and she… sort of wants us to be there…”

“Are you sure this is not another excuse of yours so that you guys could make out all night long?” Sungmin interrogated.

Baekhyun quickly shook his head from side to side. “No, no, you can even call my mom!”

“Mhmm…” Sungmin hummed. “So, why are you asking me instead of the captain who’s sitting right there?”

Sungmin raised his eyebrows, waiting for Baekhyun to answer.

“So?”

“Well…”

“Well, what?”

“I’m scared of Kris hyung, hyung! He looks like he’s going to beat the out of me if I go up to him now.”

“You’re damn right he will! You guys were kissing… in the middle of the field!”

Baekhyun looked down in embarrassment. “I know…”

“Where’s Chanyeol by the way?”

“Locker room.”

“Oh, well then, go ahead.”

Baekhyun’s head immediately shot up with a confused look on his face. “Huh?”

“I said go ahead. Leave.”

“Really?!”

Sungmin smiled. “It better be your mother’s birthday or else I will personally ask Coach Minho to take you both out of the team!”

“Thank you, Sungmin hyung!” Baekhyun briefly wrapped his arms around Sungmin. “Thanks!” The former was about to run away, but Sungmin called him back.

“Young man!”

“Hmm?”

“I still haven’t forgotten how you and Chanyeol were howling in the hallway when you saw me and my boyfriend last week!”

Baekhyun snickered. “You guys are so cute!” Baekhyun waved goodbye, and then ran along to where the locker room was located.

Sungmin went back to where Kris and Kyungsoo were sitting.

“What did I miss?” Sungmin asked.

“What base have you gone with Donghae?” Kyungsoo blurted out.

“W-what?” Sungmin stuttered, feeling an immediate blush starting up on his cheeks. “I… what? B-base?”

“Oh come on! Donghae is practically a lion. Once he sets eye on his prey, he goes for it!” Kris said. “So? Did he hit homerun already?”

Sungmin charged up to Kris, and smacked him on the back of his head.

“Ouch!”

“You deserve that, hyung!”

“So, you guys just kissed? That’s all?”

Sungmin pouted and shook his head.

Kyungsoo shot up from his seat and yelled, “you guys haven’t kissed yet?!”

Everyone around them, even Yixing and Key, looked at Sungmin with eyes wide open.

“Shut up, Kyungsoo!”

“Sungmin, why not?!”

“What do you mean why not?”

“Why haven’t you guys kissed yet?”

“We have kissed.”

Kris cleared his throat. “On the cheeks?”

Sungmin nodded.

“Wow. I could’ve sworn you would’ve hit homerun already by now, but I guess not,” Kris uttered. “Are you guys planning to do it after the Homecoming Dance?”

“I have no idea. I don’t think I’m ready for that,” Sungmin replied with his head down.

“But he’s Lee Donghae, Sungmin. I mean, you’re dating one of the coolest guys in this school. Maybe you should give it away to him you know?”

With that, Kris pushed Kyungsoo making the latter stumble and walk away.

“Don’t listen to him, Sungmin. If you don’t want to do it, then don’t. Besides, if Donghae hasn’t brought it up yet, then maybe he doesn’t want to go that far either.”

Sungmin looked up at Kris with a huge smile on his face. “Thank you. I just wish Donghae would understand.”

“He will. And he should. Otherwise, he’s not that much of a great guy.”

Sungmin nodded one last time before he felt his phone buzz in his pocket.

It was a text from Donghae.

It said, “How’s practice? Don’t tire yourself out, okay? I miss you. I wish I could see you on weekends too. I love you.”

Sungmin breathed out an exasperated sigh.

What has he done in his past life to be given such a guy like Donghae? Thinking about what Kyungsoo said, maybe he does need to give Donghae everything he wants. Donghae has been chasing after him for a long time now. Maybe it's time that he chases after Donghae. Maybe it's time to show Donghae that he too, even though he doesn't give him anything money-wise, can give him his love. 

Donghae has been saying those three letter words to him for the past few days already while here he is acting like a that can’t even say it to his boyfriend.

“Kris.”

“Hmm?”

“How much do you love Tao?”

“T-tao?”

“You don’t have to hide it from me, I know you like him.”

“H-how’d you find out?”

“You always stare at him. Like what you were just doing just now.”

Kris sighed. “What’s the point of hiding it, right?”

“Yeah,” Sungmin said. “So, how come you haven’t told him your feelings?”

“I’m scared.”

“Of what, rejection?”

“No.”

“Then what?”

“I’m scared of falling too hard for him that I might not be able to get up again. I’m scared that if he does accept my feelings, then he’d have to be in a relationship with a guy who has nothing to give him.”  

Sungmin watched as Tao kicked the ball to Yixing, and the latter kicked it into the net. Tao waved at both of them, and then got back to practicing. Smiling, Sungmin then turned back to face Kris, and took one of the latter’s hands in his. “I was too.” 

Kris frowned. "Your situation with Donghae is different, okay? At least Donghae can give you anything. Tao comes from a poor family like me. I'm pretty sure his parents won't let me touch even a strand of his hair unless I have a warehouse full of money." 

Sungmin gripped Kris's hand tighter. "You'll be fine. I heard Tao's parents are really nice folks. It's better than dating a guy whom you already know you shouldn't be dating since you're completely from two different worlds."

This time, Kris took his hand away from Sungmin, and brought the latter closer for a comforting hug. 

 

 

 

(A/N): WHO MISSED ME?! (NOBODYYY) hihihi~ no school today THANK GOD FOR LABOR DAY!! I think I'll be able to update 2 more for this month. I think. I've actually been busy doing homework than classwork lmao that's why I haven't had the chance to type. Truthfully, school has already had it's ups and down since two weeks ago. It was just horrible. *sigh* 

Homecoming Dance = back to school party

Btw, if you're looking for me on twitter, then I'm sorry but I have deactivated my twitter. Why? Because I got extremely annoyed. I don't have the heart to unfollow people so I said "oh look there's a deactivate your account button let's click that" and so I did that. I might come back when I'm more erted. I just can't stand the people on that site anymore. I'm just too innocent for twitter. Sorry. ^^ 

So yeah this chapter is just about the soccer team filled with EXO and SHINee. Other members are not in it because I got other plans for them >:)) 

I'm not even gonna ask you guys to comment anymore since yall never do anyway xD