Cho Kyuhyun

Rumored Love Story

 

 

They’ve been staring at Donghae’s phone on Kyuhyun’s coffee table since the former decided to spend some time with his best friend, but all the guy could think about is Sungmin.

“So,” Kyuhyun muttered with a bag of ice placed on his jaw, earning a flinch from Donghae, “we’re just gonna go ahead and stare at your phone all afternoon?”

“He might call,” Donghae moaned out.

“If that stupid guy is mad at you, then leave him be,” Kyuhyun snapped, standing up from the floor, put his bag of ice on the coffee table, and made his way to the kitchen.

Kyuhyun comes back with two glasses of orange juice in his hands. He chuckled when he noticed that Donghae didn’t move an inch on the sofa.

“Here, to help calm your nerves down,” Kyuhyun said, handing Donghae a glass of juice. Donghae took it, but he just put it down on the coffee table next to his phone.

“Aish… drink up!”

“He might call, and then I’ll have juice in my mouth, and then he’ll probably think I’m someone, and then he’ll misunderstand and break up with me.”

Kyuhyun stares at Donghae for a whole minute before finally bursting out in laughter.

“Bull !” Kyuhyun spat, and then laughed once again. He picked up his bag of ice, and then placed it back on his jaw. “That guy is so innocent; he hasn’t even kissed you on the lips yet.”

Donghae glared at him. “We’re taking it step by step.”

“Ah… so kinda like baseball? First base, meaning holding hands? Second base, kiss on the cheeks? Third base, kiss on the lips? Homerun, , right? Are we thinking about the same thing?” Kyuhyun teased. “Step by step my ! Since when did you take it step by step with someone? Don’t sputter bull in front of me, Donghae. I’m your best friend. I know you more than anybody else in this world.”

Donghae shrugged. “Sungmin is different okay? He’s like… Kyuhyun?”

Kyuhyun backed away dramatically, while pointing at himself. “Like me?”

“N-no, there’s… there’s a p-p-puppy b-behind you…”

“What?” Kyuhyun spat, and then turned around to see what Donghae was staring at. “Oh! She’s mine.”

“S-she?” Donghae asked.

“Yeah.” Kyuhyun smiled at Donghae, before whistling and snapping his fingers at the dog. “Here, Paulie, come here girl.”

“P-Paulie?!” Donghae chuckled.

“Shut up,” Kyuhyun snapped. He put the bag of ice back on the table, and then picked up his puppy. “Isn’t she lovely?” Kyuhyun asked, shoving the puppy in front of Donghae’s face.

“Uh-huh,” Donghae sarcastically said, pushing the puppy away from him. “Since when did you have a puppy?”

“Since last Saturday,” he explained, ruffling the puppy’s fur. “She was wandering outside the house, and her eyes were like, calling out to me, or something. So, I just had to take her in. Besides, I need some companion in this house.”

“Well, you need to get that thing checked by the vet because it might have rabies.”

“I will, don’t worry.”

“Good.”

"But seriously, Paulie?" 

"You don't like it? It totally fits her!" 

"No it doesn't, Kyuhyun. She looks more like a... hmmm... Goldie." 

"Just because her color is golden?"

"Exactly!"

"Whatever." Kyuhyun smirked. “So anyway, back to your step by step plan with Sungmin, when exactly are you planning to kiss him?”

“That’s none of your business, besides-“ Donghae got cut off the moment his phone started ringing. He squealed like a little girl when he checked the caller ID, and Kyuhyun immediately knew who was calling. “It’s him! It’s him! Oh my gosh! Do I answer?! Should I answer?! What if he just wants to break up with me?!”

“Calm down, will you!?” Kyuhyun bellowed. “Give me that phone!” Quickly after snatching the phone away from Donghae’s hand, he pressed the answer button, and placed the phone next to his ear.

“Hello?”

“What do you want?” Kyuhyun snapped.

“D-Donghae?”

“Does this sound like Donghae to you?”

“Cho Kyuhyun! Why… why are you answering for Donghae?”

“Excuse me, Mr. Smartass, but your boyfriend happened to be my best friend.”

There was silence, which Kyuhyun broke after bursting out into fits of laughter.

“Cat got your tongue, smartass? Well, I would love to stay and chat, but there’s someone in front of me literally about to piss on himself if he doesn’t get to talk to you,” Kyuhyun spat.

Donghae shot him a deadly glare that didn’t scare him at all, and then decided to pass the phone back to him just in case his broken jaw decides to have a best friend tonight.

“H-hello Sungmin?” Donghae shyly answered. “Y-yeah.”

Meanwhile, Kyuhyun was whispering to Donghae to put the phone on speaker, but Donghae was shooing him away.

Kyuhyun kissed Paulie’s head before putting her down so he could stand up, and then purposely walked to his doorstep to ring his own doorbell.

“Hey Donghae,” Kyuhyun yelled from the door. “Your e is here! I’ll take her to the guest room!”

“Hold on just a second Sungmin,” Donghae calmly told his boyfriend over the phone, and then quickly turned to face Kyuhyun. “Cho Kyuhyun, you bastard if you don’t stop talking I will punch you so hard that you won’t be able to talk ever again!”

Kyuhyun closed the door, and then slid to the ground holding his stomach, which seemed to be exploding any minute now. “Oh damn, that was so funny! Please, do continue your conversation with that lovely boyfriend of yours.”

Kyuhyun summoned Paulie once again. He picked her up, and they both went into Kyuhyun’s room.

“One thing’s for sure, they haven’t kissed yet, Paulie.”

~

At school the next day, Kyuhyun strolled down the hallway with his books in his one hand, and a bottle of milk on the other.

“Hey pal.”

Kyuhyun turned to face Hangeng, who looked extremely distraught over something.

“Are you feeling okay?” Kyuhyun asked, half-worriedly half-“I don’t give a rat’s fart.”

“Yeah,” Hangeng replied. “I just had a fight with Heechul just now. He’s probably with Donghae.”

“What’s up with you guys fighting with your respective boyfriends?”

“What’s up with you breaking up with that freshman, then?!” Hangeng retorted.

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. “Don’t remind me of that girl. She never stops kissing me.”

“That’s because you’re her boyfriend!”

“But she wants to kiss 24/7!”

“So?! Do you know anyone in particular that doesn’t want to kiss their lover 24/7?”

“Just one..” Kyuhyun mumbled under his breath.

“I’m sorry, what?” Hangeng said, leaning nearer to Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun nudged him away. “Nothing. I need to go to class.”

“What does that have to do with me?”

“Please, Hangeng baby, take me take me to class! Please please please!” Kyuhyun teased in an overly girly voice.

“Why am I friends with you?” Hangeng asked, cocking his head to the side.

“Because our dads wants us to be?”

“You’re right, that could be a reason. Come on, I’ll take you to class.”

Kyuhyun and Hangeng went on their way to Kyuhyun’s class, but suddenly encountered Henry, Donghae, Sungmin, and Heechul in the hallway.

“I knew you were with Kyuhyun,” Heechul snapped. “What lies did you tell him this time?!”

Hangeng scoffed. “Excuse me, but you’re always the one who spouts out lies.”

Heechul scoffed back. “This is exactly why I want a break up.”

“You guys wouldn’t,” Kyuhyun interrupted.

“I agree with Kyuhyun,” Donghae chided.

“Am I allowed to second the motion?” Sungmin playfully asked.

“No,” Kyuhyun retaliated.

“Kyuhyun!” Donghae, Heechul, and Hangeng said in unison, making Sungmin and Henry laugh.

“You’re not allowed to laugh!” Kyuhyun spat in which Donghae, Heechul, and Hangeng responded by yelling out his name once again. “Wow, ever since Sungmin became Donghae’s nobody’s on my side anymore.”

“Nobody was ever on your side, brat,” Heechul said.

“You know what…“ Before Kyuhyun could throw a rude remark at Heechul, the PA system suddenly came on, and everyone in the hallway stopped walking and talking to listen.

“Attention everyone! Attention! Good morning to you all. As you all know, well for upperclassmen that is, that we will have our annual Homecoming Dance in less than two weeks. The theme is Blue Moon. Tickets will be on sale during lunch time in the cafeteria. Thank you for listening and have a good day!”

“Totally forgot about Homecoming!” Hangeng exclaimed. “Kyuhyun, you’re going to be my date.”

“Cho Kyuhyun, if you say yes to him, you will not make it alive after this day.”

Kyuhyun shifted his eyes from Hangeng to Heechul, and then sneakily grinned. “Why yes, Hangeng, I would love to be your date!”

“Cho Kyuhyun!” Heechul yelled, but pouted.

“Heechul, please don’t do that, it makes me want to have Hangeng more,” Kyuhyun teased.

Hangeng laughed, and then went over to Heechul’s side. “You know that Kyuhyun likes going by himself, baby. He picks up girls that way.”

Kyuhyun popped his collar in a cool way, and that’s when he heard Sungmin scoff.

“Got a problem?” Kyuhyun asked Sungmin.

“No.”

“Then mind your own business before I kiss those-“ Kyuhyun laughed when Sungmin widened his eyes at him. “Never mind. We all need to go to class! See you guys!”

~

And at the back of his mind…

I wished you were my date

 

 

 

(A/N): First day of Junior year!! :"> eeep~ so nervous!! Last update of this month!! :) Gonna be busy for a LOOOONG while. 

So, does anyone want to do this story for me? HAHAHAHA no seriously -__- If I don't update this in September, please start panicking (or not) xD No, but seriously though O___O

Thanks for reading everyone! Ohhh and check out my FAQ :D 

I'll check out comments later in school if ever my teacher is not looking!! I love you guys~ ENJOY AND COMMENT!!