Lee Sungmin

Rumored Love Story

 

It’s not like he was sneaking out from Kyuhyun, but it’s Saturday, and he really felt like walking around by himself.

Of course, he was starting to have troubles with walking for a very long time now, so he decided to take the bus that will take him to that one place that he loves the most.

The school’s soccer field.

When he got there, the members rushed to his side, some hugged him, he didn’t know which ones, but they did.

“What are you doing here?” asked Kris.

“Relax, I just really miss coming here. I miss playing soccer,” Sungmin muttered.

“We miss you too!” Chanyeol said with a pout. “Tao is not doing a very good job with being the co-captain.”

“I’m trying, okay?! But I can’t do my job properly because two lovebirds are always kissing in the middle of the field!” Tao complained with a frown.

Sungmin walked to Tao and patted the guy on the shoulder. “You’re doing just fine, Tao. I heard we won against Polar High School. Good job team!” Sungmin said.

“If I didn’t make that last shot, we would’ve lost!” Kyungsoo bragged. “No need to thank me,” he added smugly.

Sungmin turned to face him, and ruffled the younger’s hair. “I’m proud of you.”

Kyungsoo scoffed. “You should be!”

Then there was silence. Everyone was staring at him with a faint smile. Oh, there was a smile, but it didn’t seem like they were happy. They seemed sad, but then again, they look happy. This is the team that he cherishes the most. Part of his happiness is with these people. Part of his heart is in this sport that he plays. And because of one mistake, he’s now either just standing or sitting on the side. Because of that one mistake.

Sungmin rubs his belly soothingly. It’s almost a month since the little thing has been growing. He looks at his team, and then wishes that the baby is a boy. It would be awkward if he has a baby girl, he thought. How is he going to deal with those problems that girls has? It’s not like his mom is always going to be there for him, although, he wishes she would.

“Is your tummy hurting?” Jonghyun concernedly asked.

Sungmin shook his head.

“Are you hungry?” Suho asked.

Sungmin shook his head again.

“What’s wrong then?” Yixing asked.

“Can you guys keep a secret?” Sungmin asks the team. The team nodded in unison, even Onew who was sitting on the bench a while ago had stood up and joined them.

Sungmin inhales a deep amount of oxygen, and then exhales the same amount.

“I trust you guys the most in this world, apart from Henry and my mother. And… well… you know about that rumor that I’m pregnant, right?” They nodded, and he continued. “The truth is, I didn’t give up the baby. The baby is still within me.”

Xiumin’s left arm suddenly shot up in the air, hitting Key on the face.

“Jesus Christ, Xiumin!” Key snapped. “What is wrong with you?!”

“I-I’m sorry, Key. I just… Sungmin hyung…” Xiumin stuttered.

“I know it’s a shocker, but please, do not tell anyone else,” Sungmin begged.

“Sungmin, why are you keeping it?” Kris inquired. “Isn’t it dangerous?”

Sungmin sighed with a smile. “It is, but I want to at least try to take care of it for a while. I believe…” he stopped to think for a while, then smiled at them once again. “This baby is one of the best things that came into my life. Donghae might not want it to live, but God wouldn’t really give this precious thing to me if all he wants is for me to die in the end, right? Maybe, He has plans for me and this baby.”

 

~

 

Sungmin was so glad that his team was able to understand him. He knew they were the right people to trust, and he knew that no matter what happens, they’ll back him up.

He opens the door to the bakery with a smile, then that smile suddenly turned into a frown.

“What in the world are you doing here on a Saturday?” He asked; the question is clearly being directed to the guy who was wearing a blue branded-shirt, who was flirting with his best friend.

“It’s such a wonderful weekend when you see Henry’s adorable face,” the guy teased.

“Don’t put me in this,” Henry snickered. “If you need a baking pan to hit him with, Sungmin, I’ll be in the kitchen. Just scream my name, and I’ll come running.”

The door to the kitchen closed, and the guy was immediately wearing a smirk on his face.

“Oh come on, I know you missed me!” The guy teased once more.

“I really didn’t. Now, if you’re not here to buy pastry, I’m going to need you to leave before my mother comes out of that kitchen, and sweeps you back to that luxurious car of yours,” Sungmin retorted.

“You’re so rude. I actually bought something already, and I’ve already eaten it,” the guy replied with a grin. “Where were you?”

“It’s none of your business! Damn, Cho!” Sungmin scowled.

Kyuhyun shrugged at him. “I’ll leave now, then.”

Sungmin’s heart sank so suddenly hearing that. “Why?”

“You told me to leave.”

“Ahh, of course.”

“Unless, you want me to stay…”

“No way! You can leave! The door is that way!”

Please stay, just a little more while.

Kyuhyun waved at him at the door. “I’ll see you Monday morning.”

No, stay.

“Drink the medicine, okay? I don’t want you actually throwing up in my car.”

Kyuhyun, why do I wish that we should’ve started off this way? Why couldn’t we have started as friends? If you find out the truth, would you go back to how you were before?

I’m scared.

“Henry!”

Henry busted out the kitchen door with two baking pans in his hands. “What?! What did he do?!”

Sungmin turns and faces his best friend, and a tear carelessly falls from his eye. “I wish Donghae stayed. I wish he stayed so that things wouldn't have changed.”

Henry brought him into a hug, and sighed. "Everything has already changed before he left."

 

~

 

November is one of the most beautiful month in Sungmin’s calendar.

Almost all of the trees are either half- or completed . The auburn-colored leaves have turned crisp on the marvel ground. He absent-mindedly kicks some of the leaves, and smiles at the way the autumn wind blew them a couple of feet away from him.

 He always liked walking alone on nights like this, where no one but the howling wind can disturb him. The moon was shining brightly down on him, and the stars that were being covered by the dark puffy clouds started to show themselves.

Sungmin groans as he bumps into something quite hard, but then soft at the same time. He looks up at the thing that he bumped into, which he knows that it wasn’t a pole or else he would’ve been passed out on the ground by now, then screeches.

“What are you doing walking around alone on a chilly autumn night like this with nothing but a thin sweater on? You’ll get sick!” The person tells him.

“Why do you keep following me, Kyuhyun?!” Sungmin yells at him. Kyuhyun was now wearing a thick black jacket. The guy's hair was tousled quite horribly because of the wind. His lips were chappy, and his nose keeps on scrunching as the cold air hits them both. 

“Be quiet, you’ll wake the neighbors up!” Kyuhyun tells him.

“It’s 7:30, I’m pretty sure my neighbors are either eating dinner with their family, or watching !” Sungmin retaliates, and then walks around Kyuhyun to get to his house.

He could hear Kyuhyun’s footsteps right behind him, so he started walking even faster. The guy walked faster along with him, which irritated Sungmin so much.

Sungmin turned to face Kyuhyun with an annoyed look on his face. “Aren’t your parents looking for you?” Kyuhyun shakes his head at him. “How about your homework?’

“I’ll do it tomorrow.”

“Why don’t you hang out with Hangeng and Heechul right now?”

“They’re probably having .”

“Why don’t you go find a pretty girl to have with then?”

Kyuhyun chuckles at him. “I’m not that kind of person.” Kyuhyun suddenly blew hot air on his face to , which caught Sungmin so off-guard that he stumbled backwards.

He was so ready to feel his head break in half, but Kyuhyun was fast enough to catch him. Their faces that were literally inches away from each other, didn’t dare to move. It was as if the time magically stopped and they didn’t want it to resume again.

Kyuhyun blinked, and then Sungmin.

Sungmin blinked, and the Kyuhyun.

Sungmin pursed his lips, and then finally had the courage to tap Kyuhyun on the forearm. “My legs are starting to cramp.”

“Oh… uhhh… uhmmm… of course…” Kyuhyun stuttered, bringing Sungmin back to his feet.

“Yeah.”

Kyuhyun looked around them for a second, maybe to check to see if anybody saw them. Luckily, there was nobody but them. Kyuhyun scratches his head before flashing a shy smile at Sungmin.

“I’ll walk with you to your house,” Kyuhyun suggested.

“W-well, it’s only two more houses away, so, I guess you could,” Sungmin quite agreed.

Sungmin doesn’t know why he was taking his precious time with walking to his house. Maybe because Kyuhyun was there, or maybe because he was still enjoying the night view.

“The stars look beautiful, huh?” Kyuhyun murmured.

Sungmin looked up at the sky, then laughs. “How are you even seeing the stars when they’re behind the clouds?”

“Huh, what?” Kyuhyun looks up at the sky, and muttered silently, “, why did I say that?”

“You said what now?” Sungmin asks, not really hearing what Kyuhyun was saying.

“Oh, nothing.”

When they’ve finally arrived in front of Sungmin’s house, Kyuhyun slightly pushed him in front of the door. “Go in and have a nice hot cup of tea, idiot.”

Sungmin scoffs at him. “Go home, bastard.”

Kyuhyun shyly smiles at him once again, then nods. “Goodnight, sweet dreams.”

Before Sungmin could even say anything, Kyuhyun had already ran back to his car, and drove off.

Goodnight, Kyuhyun. 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N): You guys won't probably care, but I'm not gonna be doing double updates ever again. -__- Buuuuut, I will be updating every M,W,F now until the end of December WAHOOOOOO~ so no more of that "update soon" comments haha 

You guys are still with me through this, right? I know it's hard waiting for KyuMin moments, but I hope you don't give up on me. ^^ 

Did everyone have a good Monday and Tuesday?? Well, have a good Wednesday/ Thursday to the few people who actually take their time to comment something~ <333333