Lee Sungmin

Rumored Love Story

 

“I’m w-what?!”

Shocked.

No, maybe more than shocked.

What?

Why?

How?

“Mr. Lee, you are pregnant. The chances of this situations happening is one in a billion. For it to happen, there must be egg cells present in your body, which so happens that you do, Mr. Lee.”

Out of seven billion people in the world, he just had to be one of the chosen ones.

The doctor continued, “it wouldn’t be safe to keep the baby. I suggest you get it aborted soon. I’ll leave you and your family alone for a moment.”

Sungmin didn’t say anything. He just stared into space. His mother, his helpless mother, had sunken down on the floor; crying. His best friend, his supportive best friend, stared at him; with awe, but definitely not happy.

He’s pregnant.

After one night of having with Donghae; he’s pregnant.

He’s a man, who’s pregnant.

A man.

A teenage man.

How could this be? What has he done wrong? Why is this happening to him? He’s not ready to have a child. He’s not ready for any of this.

Then he remembered what the doctor had just said, to get rid of the baby.

How could he take a precious life from this world just like that?

His and Donghae’s baby.

What would Donghae say about this? Would he be happy and want to start a family? Would he love Sungmin more now that he’s carrying his child? Would he turn away from wealth just to join Sungmin into taking care of their baby? Would he?

Questions remained unanswered.

Sungmin’s mother is back on her feet. Her gentle eyes were replaced with anger. Her fists clenched tightly. Her breathing wasn’t steady at all. That’s when Henry stepped up, and hugged his mother.

“Mrs. Lee, calm down. Remember, you’re blood pressure.”

But whatever Henry said didn’t matter because his mother was trying to drill a hole through his face.

“Mom, I can explain—“

“Lee Sungmin, what else do you need to explain?!”

“Mom, please—“

“How dare you lie to me?! What have I ever done so wrong to you that you had to lie to me?!”

“Mommy, just listen to me, please!” Sungmin voice came out a bit stronger and louder. “I’m scared, okay? I’m so scared. I don’t know what to do. I need your help. Please, mommy.”

“Why do you need my help now? Give me one reason why I should even care?”

Sungmin’s breath hitched. His mother had completely turned a cold shoulder at him.

“Mommy…”

“You had , Sungmin! You had without protection!”

“I didn’t know it will turn out like this,” Sungmin said, trying not to choke from the sudden clogging of his throat. “We’re both guys, I didn’t—“

“That’s what makes it more wrong! You’re both guys! You shouldn’t even be together in the first place!”

Sungmin gawked at his mother. “Are you saying you’re disgusted of what I am? Are you saying I can’t love the person I want to love?”

“That’s not the point!”

“Then what is the point, mom?!”

It took a minute of silence before Sungmin’s mother started again.

“Give up the baby.”

Henry gasped. “Mrs. Lee!”

“Give up the baby, Sungmin.”

Sungmin kept on shaking his head. The tears that he was fighting back moments ago had been finally let out. He doesn’t really know what else to say. He’s appalled at his own mother’s decision.

He thought, did she ever think about giving him up when he was still in her womb? That maybe his grandparents didn’t want her to have a baby with his father. That maybe he wasn’t supposed to be right here, right now.

“I’m not giving up the baby, mommy.”

“Lee Sungmin! Did you not hear what the doctor said?! He said it’s not safe to keep it! Do you really think Donghae will accept that baby?!”

The occupants of the room all turned their heads to face the wide ajar door. Cho Kyuhyun was going back and forth at looking at each one of them. They waited to see if Kris would come in, but it looked like the guy had already left.

“Did I hear it right? Sungmin is bearing Donghae’s child?” Kyuhyun interrogated.

“K-Kyuhyun…” Sungmin stuttered.

“You just love ruining his life, huh, Lee Sungmin?! Do you think he wants to have a baby now?! Do you really think his parents are as nice as your mother?! They will disown him!” Kyuhyun turned around to leave, but turned to face Sungmin again. “I warned you. I told you to stay away from him, now look at what you’ve done.”

“He’ll accept the baby, Kyuhyun. He loves me,” Sungmin stated, his voice shaky because he was unsure.

Kyuhyun scoffed. “I know Donghae more than you do.”

 

~

 

That night, Sungmin was discharged.

Sungmin decided to tell Donghae the news. He didn’t want to keep it from the latter since he’ll know sooner or later.

Despite his strong will of telling Donghae, he can’t change the fact that he’s scared.

What if what Kyuhyun said was true?

What if Donghae doesn’t love him enough to stay with him and the baby?

What if Donghae leaves?

What about him and the baby?

What about the said love that they both felt for each other?

The ringing of the doorbell made Sungmin sit up on the sofa. He stood up, straightened his clothes, and let out a deep sigh before walking towards the door.

Donghae’s bright smile welcomed him, and all the worries that he had just then had vanished.

“It’s my first time coming to your house, and you’re right, it’s small,” Donghae said, giving a short kiss on Sungmin’s lips. “So, are you going to let me in or you’re just going to leave me freezing out here?”

Sungmin hesitated to answer. Should he tell Donghae inside, where his mother could be listening?

Inside…Outside…Inside…Outside?

Outside.

“Can we take a walk?” Sungmin asked.

“Sure,” Donghae replied with a smile.

As they were walking, Sungmin reached out for Donghae’s hand, and held onto it.

“Your hands are sweaty. Is something wrong?” Donghae asked.

Sungmin didn’t hesitate to nod his head. He stopped walking, and so did Donghae. He faced the latter with tears starting to brim in his eyes.

“Donghae…” This is it. “I’m pregnant.”

Donghae chuckled. “It is 9PM, you must be very tired. How long did you guys practice today?”

“Donghae, I’m not joking. I’m pregnant! I’m pregnant, Donghae!”

Donghae fell silent. The whole street fell silent. Only Sungmin’s light sniffing was the only thing that can be heard.

“You’re… pregnant? H-how—Is that even possible? You’re a guy… are you sure?”

“Does it even matter how it happened? Yes, I’m sure that there’s a small creature forming in me!” Sungmin took Donghae’s hands. “We’re having a baby, Donghae. We’re going to be fathers.”

Sungmin’s breathing must’ve at least stopped for a whole minute when Donghae retrieved his hands.

“You’re… not happy? You’re not happy about this?”

Donghae shook his head. “No.”

Sungmin hiccupped. “What?”

“I mean, we’re only 16, Sungmin. I’m not ready to be a father yet. I’m not even registering the fact that a guy could get pregnant.”

“So what you’re trying to say is I should give up this baby?”

The slight pause made Sungmin’s heart beat fast.

“Yes.”

Unbelievable.

Completely unbelievable.

Sungmin’s face turned red in a matter of seconds. He was angry. Extremely angry. His fists were tightly clenched on both sides of his body.

“I have nothing else to say to you,” Sungmin said before he ran back to his house, leaving Donghae.

Sungmin closed the door behind him, and slowly let himself slide down to the floor. His heavy sobbing echoed through the whole house, resulting for his mother to emerge from the bathroom with a towel still wrapped around her head. She quickly made her way down to Sungmin, and brought the latter in her embrace.

“What happened, sweetie?” This was the sweetest thing she has ever asked him today after learning that he had gotten himself pregnant.

Sungmin shook his head. “Mommy, he doesn’t want me to have it. He wants me to get rid of the poor thing! I thought he loved me! I thought he loved me!”

He clung onto his mother’s bathrobe; desperate for the love that only she can give him. It was like he was slowly being dragged down to hell. He was scared. He was scared that if he lets go of his mother, he’ll disappear. He’s scared of the thought of giving up something so precious.

Most of all, he’s scared of losing Donghae.

In the end, it’s all a matter of decision making. It’s either to get rid of the thing inside him and get to keep the love of his life, or keep the baby and risk the fact that Donghae might leave him.

Why did this have to happen to him? Why him? 

 

 

 

(A/N): uuuuu guuuuys...it only takes two weeks for a fetus to form so yes, sungmin is fckin prego and yes, it's very possible to get pregnant on your first time so please make the right decisions!! ^^ DO YOU GUYS NOT WANT HAEMIN TO GO?!? I FEEL LIKE YOU GUYS WANT THEM TO STAY LOL i hate donghae in this fic -___- urgh 

btw, i do have friends lmao. but i need moooore <3 so happy i made new ones! u guys are osm 

uhmm, so i'll try to update friday too. eeeep~ i'm so excited to start typing kyumin *dances*