Henry Lau

Rumored Love Story

 

Henry only waited for Donghae to get home before he literally dragged Sungmin to his house.

“Ouch, you’re hurting me, Henry,” Sungmin complained, which Henry didn’t care of. “Could you let go?”

Henry pushed Sungmin inside his house, and then slammed the door behind him. They stared at each other for awhile until Henry decided to break the silence.

He was raging in anger.

“What lies are you spouting in front of your mother, Sungmin?” Henry snapped. “Since when did she teach you to lie? You might be able to fool her, but you can’t fool me. What happened to you last night?”

Sungmin’s silence made Henry realize that his hunch was right, but he didn’t hesitate on asking either way.

“D-did… you and Donghae… have ?”

Sungmin responded with nothing but a nod.

“Lee Sungmin.”

“What’s done is done, Henry. Now, can I go home?” Sungmin retorted.

Henry opened the door for him. “Leave. But don’t talk to me anymore.”

“Henry, Donghae is my boyfriend! I’ve liked him for a long time already! I don’t mind doing it again with him! I love him, Henry! I thought you know that!”

“Sungmin, love isn’t based on just salacious needs!”

“How would you know anything about love?”

Henry snickered. “Leave. Now. I might actually punch you if you still keep on talking.”

 

~

 

Since that day, for two whole weeks, Sungmin and Henry didn’t talk to each other.

They ignored each other in class, in the hallway, and even when they were helping out at the bakery.

The tension got to everyone; their teachers, the students, Ryeowook and Sungmin’s mom, and Donghae and his friends.

It was Saturday.

Henry jumped in surprise when Kyuhyun entered the bakery.

“Breathe; I just really wanted to buy something. Are your croissants any good?” Kyuhyun said.

“I would say, yes.”

“You sound so unsure.”

“Well, it’s much better when that person does it.”

That person? Meaning, Sungmin makes good croissants?”

Henry nodded. “But I guess it will suffice for now. How many do you want?”

“Two would be good.” Kyuhyun roamed around the bakery for a short second, then went to the register where Henry was. “Pretty nice place. Small, but pretty nice.”

“Well, my dad is an architect, and my mom is a baker,” Henry explained while handing out the bag of croissants to Kyuhyun. In return, Kyuhyun gave him the payment.

Henry watched Kyuhyun take one bite of the croissant, hoping it will make the latter happy.

Kyuhyun just nodded with a slight smile on his face in which Henry is not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing. “Pretty good. I wonder what Sungmin’s will taste though. Who baked these?”

“Ryeowook. He’s in the kitchen right now.”

“It’s only you two today?”

That person has soccer practice, and his mom went to buy groceries for the bakery.”

Suddenly, the phone rang.

“Hello, Kims’ Bakery, how may I help you?”

“May I speak to Mrs. Lee?” the voice on the phone asked.

“No, she’s out right now, can I take a message?”

The voice on the phone hesitated for one moment, then resumed to speaking once again. “Her son is in the hospital right now.”

 

~

 

“Kris?”

“Henry!”

“W-what happened?”

“Sungmin passed out in the middle of the field. I don’t know what happened, Henry. I don’t know…”

Henry sat beside Kris, and started rubbing the latter’s back. “It’s not your fault. He’s probably very tired.”

Moments later, Sungmin’s mom came with a troubled face.

“Have you heard from the doctor yet?” She asked.

“Not yet, auntie, but I’m sure he’s fine.”

The doctor emerged from the room before them, and both Henry and Kris stood up. Henry saw Kyuhyun’s hands twitching, but he paid no attention to it. As a matter of fact, he doesn’t know why the guy tagged along all the way in the hospital. After all, Kyuhyun just offered to drop him off.

“All of you are relatives of Lee Sungmin?” The doctor asked, and the three teenagers shook their heads.

“Only me, doctor,” Sungmin’s mom answered.

“I believe we should talk in private with Mr. Lee, Mrs. Lee.”

“I’m coming, I’m his best friend.” The word ‘best friend’ rolled off Henry’s tongue so smoothly like they didn’t even have a fight.

The doctor nodded, and then led them to Sungmin’s ward.

Sungmin’s mom quickly ran to Sungmin’s side, while Henry just stood near the doorway.

“Hi, sweetie, feeling better?” Sungmin’s mom asked Sungmin. The guy nodded with a smile on his face.

“I’m fine. Just a bit, dizzy,” Sungmin responded. Henry felt a bit better hearing it from him.

“So, doctor, what is it that you have to tell us?” Henry cut straight to the point.

“Well, we ran through tests and found absolutely nothing wrong with Mr. Lee except…”

“Except?” Sungmin asked, clutching onto his mother’s hands.

“Mr. Lee, you are pregnant.” 

 

 

 

(A/N): i hope everyone realizes the fact that Sungmin and Donghae liked each other for a long time already so when they decided to have , it was pretty agreeable on both sides. 

EXACTLY ONE MONTH TILL MY BIRTHDAY WAHOO~ so excited :D

anywaaaaaaaay, i'll try to update two more chappies later so that you guys won't curse at me for being such a teaser and a cliffhanger  grrr! i'll also TRY to release a HaeMin (ch.17) blog post so HA! (because a lot of u be as fck and think i write good ) see, i'm a nice author ^^ 

quick question: is it nice having friends cuz i'm a lonerrr i have no friends TT