Lee Sungmin

Rumored Love Story

 

Sungmin taps his pencil on the desk. His head propped up by his hand, and his eyes scanning the entire room. He looks up at the clock, and realizes that he still has fifteen minutes left until his last class of the day is over.

When the bell rang, he was the first one to spring up from his chair, rushing out the door into the hallway to his locker.

He takes out the stuff that he needed to take home, and placed the one that he didn’t need back in the locker. He puts his stuff in his bag, and then closed his locker. He turns around, and leans on the locker. He turns his head from side to side, checking if the person he wanted to see is coming soon.

Minutes had passed, and it seemed like the person he was looking for wasn’t coming anymore. He slings the bag on his shoulder, and starts walking back to the school’s entrance.

Sungmin stops in his tracks when he finds that the person he was looking for was already near the gate next to a car. He hasn’t seen the guy since he was given his lunch. He has been wondering where the guy had went with Heechul. He was quite worried, yes. He power walks up to the person with a smile.

“You didn’t go to your locker today,” Sungmin stated. “You got your stuff already?”

The person didn’t answer him nor took at least a glance at him.

“Kyuhyun is there a problem?”

This time, Kyuhyun turns to face him.  The guy’s eyes looked so solemn. The guy’s eyes weren’t smiling the way it was when he picked him up from his house this morning. The guy’s lips didn’t curve up into a smile like it usually did when he sees him. The guy’s face looked completely exhausted. It looked so exhausted and completely miserable.

“Would it be okay if you ride with Henry on the bus today?” Kyuhyun asks him.

Sungmin examines Kyuhyun’s face once again. He was trying to see if he could at least decipher why Kyuhyun wasn’t smiling at all. “Sure. I mean, psh! Thank God that I finally get to have a peaceful afternoon ride!” Sungmin awkwardly laughed, and Kyuhyun nodded.

“It’s just for today since—“

“Kyuhyun!”

They both turned their heads to face the person with the sweet voice. Sungmin squints his eyes to see if it really was Pearl So that was calling out to Kyuhyun. Pearl smiled at both of them, but only Sungmin returned the smile. He watches as Pearl hooks her arm around Kyuhyun’s. His eyes widened at the scene, and he immediately turned away.

“Henry, wait for me,” Sungmin called out at his best friend who was just about to exit the gates. He looks at Pearl, not even wanting to look at Kyuhyun. “I’ll see you guys tomorrow then.”

Sungmin struts to Henry’s side. He smiled one of the fakest smiles to his best friend, and the latter probably noticed that fake smile. This is the first time again in a month that he was going to ride the bus home with Henry. They’ll finally smell that stinky smelling guy again together. They’ll finally joke about how the bus driver decides to stop all of a sudden. They’ll finally joke about how Ryeowook always watches drama in the afternoon while being scolded by Sungmin’s mother.

He’s finally somewhat free from Cho Kyuhyun, but a part of him really wanted to ride with him home.

He had realized that Pearl is going to be riding with Kyuhyun, and a part of him wanted to push her away, and tell her that that passenger’s seat is his seat.

A part of him wanted to tell Kyuhyun that he could just wait in the school after he takes Pearl home.

A part of him wanted to sit in Kyuhyun’s car and listen to Kyuhyun sing along with the radio.

A part of him wanted to smile at him before he left with Henry, but he couldn’t bring himself to do it.

He looks at Henry when he felt the guy pat him on the back. “What?”

“You’ve been spacing out. You almost ran into a pole.”

“What pole?”

Henry chuckles at him. “There was no pole. I was pulling your leg. What’s bothering you?”

Sungmin shrugs at Henry. He didn’t really want to tell him that the reason that he’s like that is because of his “arch enemy.” Plus, he’s being such a baby about this whole thing. First of all, he and Kyuhyun are not together. They’re just… acquaintances. Second of all, it’s Kyuhyun’s car. He doesn’t have the right to tell Kyuhyun to not let anyone else ride in it. Third, he should be contented being with Henry.

“You know, you’re starting to be so secretive from me now. I feel like Kyuhyun knows more than I do,” Henry teases him as they wait for the bus to arrive. “Come on, is it about Kyuhyun?”

Sungmin sighs. “Maybe.”

“Oh come on. Everyone knows Kyuhyun. His relationships never lasts a month; a week at the least. Cheer up; he’ll be back by your side before you knew it.”

Sungmin nudges Henry’s side. “It’s not that I’m moping about him having a girlfriend. He could have a girlfriend all he wants, I don’t care. It’s natural for a guy like him to find a kissing buddy once in a while, you know? I’m not the least bit unhappy about him getting a girlfriend. Huh, please, I’ll get another boyfriend too!”

Sungmin blabbered away, and all Henry did was laugh at him.

“What?” Sungmin snaps at Henry.

“Who knew… that… you’ll… get so jealous… over this?! ” Henry tried to say in between laughs.

“I’m not jealous!”

Henry threw both of his hands up in the air as a sign of defeat, but he was still laughing. “Whatever you say.”

“I really am not, Henry!”

“Okay, Sungmin!”

“Stop mocking me!”

“I’m not mocking you!”

The bus came, and they got on. They sat at their usual seat, and starts lightly sniffing the bus. It’s funny how it didn’t stink that day. The driver didn’t make any sudden stops either. The passengers all looked normal. The lady with the dog wasn’t on either. It’s a very unusual kind of bus ride. It wasn’t fun. He and Henry didn’t talk throughout the bus ride, simply because there was nothing to talk about.

All in all, his first bus ride with Henry in a long time .

 

Sungmin didn’t bother to go help out at the bakery, and had decided to go home because he was feeling so weary. He could feel his legs about to give up on walking, but that didn’t stop him to keep on walking.

The sun was setting. The way its rays shone behind the clouds made the sky look so beautiful. Winter is approaching quickly this year, but the wind wasn’t blowing that much cold air today. His neighbors’ yards were clean from fallen leaves, and the little creatures that roam around to find their stocked up food were nowhere to be found.

He was looking down as he walked down the empty street to his house, and just when he thought he had hit a pole just like last time, he smiles as he sees the thing that he bumped into.

“What are you doing here, Kyuhyun?” Sungmin cheerfully asks.

Kyuhyun didn’t really respond to him with words, the guy had responded to him with a hug. It was such a comforting hug. Sungmin would lie if he said that he didn’t expect that, but after starting to know Kyuhyun, he knows that the guy is very affectionate to the people he cares about.

Sungmin wrapped his arms around Kyuhyun’s waist. The feeling of being hugged by Kyuhyun feels extremely nice to Sungmin. In the hug, he forgot about whatever it was that he felt back in the school and in the bus. He forgot that Kyuhyun has a girl friend right now that he should be with. He forgot how much his legs wanted to collapse on him seconds ago. He forgot all of those because he was in Kyuhyun’s embrace right now.

Neither of them decided to let go until the sun had already set, and the stars were now starting to twinkle in the sky.

Kyuhyun cleared his throat while looking at Sungmin. “I wanted to say that I’m sorry.”

Sungmin snickered. “What for? You did nothing wrong. It was only right that your girlfriend is your top priority. Besides, I had fun riding the bus with Henry. I’m kind of thankful that you have a girlfriend now.”

He wasn’t sure if Kyuhyun could tell that what he has been spouting at him were all lies. All he knows is that Kyuhyun cares enough about him to even be here right now. He could’ve just gone straight home after taking Pearl home, but no, he’s here checking up on him.

“You and Pearl looks so good together,” Sungmin remarked. “Everyone thought it was impossible since you were pushing her away most of the time last year.”

Kyuhyun didn’t say anything to him. He was still staring right at him. Truthfully, he was getting a bit uncomfortable with Kyuhyun gazing at him with a straight face.

“Are you okay?” Sungmin questions him.

Kyuhyun nodded. “I’ll get going then.”

“Oh… okay,” was all Sungmin could say. He watched Kyuhyun get in his car, but surprisingly, the latter didn’t start the engine. The guy just sat there… looking at him. So he stood there… looking back at him.

Sungmin waved his hand goodbye to Kyuhyun thinking that maybe if he did that, Kyuhyun would leave, but the latter still didn’t.

Sungmin decided to walk home. It was getting even chillier as the darkness envelopes him. He didn’t want to wait till Kyuhyun leaves. His weariness came back, and all he wanted to do now was lay on his bed and sleep.

He entered his house, took off his shoes, and then went up to his room. He set aside his bag on his study table. He sat on his bed for a couple of moments, then stood up once again. He peeks out the window and finds that Kyuhyun was still there in his car. The latter’s head was resting on his hands on the steering wheel.

An idea suddenly struck Sungmin, and he immediately ran out of his room.

 

Sungmin grins thankfully that Kyuhyun was still there ten minutes later. He smiles at the two cups of hot chocolate in his hands. This might make the other guy happy, he thought.

He clanks one mug on Kyuhyun’s passenger’s seat window, and when the latter looked up at him, he flashed and a smile while holding up the two cups of hot chocolate and signaled the guy to open the door for him.

He hands one cup of hot chocolate to Kyuhyun, and then closed the door.

“Turn the heater on, please,” Sungmin said, taking a sip of the hot chocolate. Kyuhyun had the heater, but was still not saying anything. “A beautiful Christmas song would be nice to listen to, don’t you think?” Then, Kyuhyun the radio, and before it could even start blasting loud music, he turned it into a different channel, and finally smiles when he hears his favorite Christmas song.

“I love this song,” Kyuhyun stated, also taking a sip of his hot chocolate when Sungmin did.

The song was Christmases When You Were Mine by Taylor Swift. He didn’t quite get why a guy like Kyuhyun would like such a song. The song basically talks about a girl missing the boy that she used to love a lot then they broke up because they had to move somewhere far away. Come to think of it, did Kyuhyun fall in love with someone before for him to love this song?

“You… like this song?” Sungmin asks with a giggle.

Kyuhyun nods. “It’s nice to listen to. It’s funny how she asks a lot of questions about him through a song when she could’ve just simply asked him through the phone or something. I don’t know, I just love this song.”

“Well, okay then. By the way, how’s the hot chocolate?”

“I don’t like it.”

Sungmin pouts at Kyuhyun. “Why not?!”

“It’s too bland. You know I like it really sweet.”

“But I made sure that I put more chocolate in yours!”

“It’s not enough.”

Sungmin scoffs, and then continues to drink his hot chocolate. They sat there without talking to each other until the song finally changed. Kyuhyun decided to turn the radio off, and placed his cup in the cup holder. Sungmin finishes at the same time, and placed his in the cup holder as well.

Sungmin turned his body to face Kyuhyun, then grabbed Kyuhyun’s shoulders to make the latter face him. “Tell me, what’s wrong?”

And then it happened…

A kiss was planted on him.

A kiss was planted on his forehead, and then his nose, but it stopped there. Kyuhyun backed away the moment his hands fell off the guy’s shoulders because of shock.

Sungmin was more than dumbfounded; oh he’s way pass being dumbfounded alright. He was still looking at Kyuhyun, and Kyuhyun was still looking at him.

“I’m sorry,” Kyuhyun muttered.

Sungmin shakes his head.

“I’m sorry,” Kyuhyun muttered once again.

“What are you sorry about?”

“Pearl.”

“There’s nothing to be sorry about Pearl, Kyuhyun. If you like her, then it’s not my business to stop you from liking her. I know you promised that you’d take care of me, and you still are. I understand, okay? Don’t be sorry.”

Kyuhyun looks away from him. It almost looked like he was hiding something from him. It almost looked like the guy doesn’t really want to be in a relationship with Pearl, but why wouldn’t he? Pearl is a goddess. It almost looked like he was the reason.

He was the reason why Kyuhyun is acting like this.

“Sungmin—“ Kyuhyun started to say, but he stopped him. This time, it was his turn to give Kyuhyun a hug. It was his turn to make Kyuhyun feel that he’s there. It was his turn to make Kyuhyun feel that he cares.

He’ll stay by Kyuhyun’s side.

Just like what Kyuhyun’s doing for him.

He’ll be there whenever Kyuhyun calls for him.

Because that’s what friends do.

He’s simply returning a favor.

He’s simply doing what a good person should be doing.

 

Yet, it didn’t feel like that’s what he’s doing.  

 

 

 

(A/N): Oh lookie, lazy author actually updated mehehehe :D I'm uploading late today cuz my friend and I went somewhere then she wanted to visit her gf so that's why. grrrr~ 

I can't believe that you guys have made it up to chapter 30 already! We're getting there though. We're SLOWLY BUT SURELY getting there. 

aserhberjhtkejhrjk3h4 THAT KYUMIN MOMENT ON KTR OH GAWD /SOBS/ I WAS SHAKING AND OH GAWD /GGGGGGGGGGG/ HOW DO THEY JUST SUDDENLY COME OUT WITH THAT?! MY BODY WASN'T READY YET!!! SUNGMIN IS MISSING KYUHYUN A LOT AND OH GAWDDDDDD HAAAAALPPPPPP 

HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING *tomorrow lol* ~ GOBBLE GOBBLE (Don't eat too much turkey. Cranberry sauce is disgusting as fck. MASH POTATOES BAYBEHHHH) <3