Cho Kyuhyun

Rumored Love Story

 

Kyuhyun grunts as he made his way down the stairs from his bedroom. He was already half-asleep when his doorbell started ringing continuously.

“You better be an important person for you to come in the middle of the night!” He yelled as he unlocked the doors. It was about to be 10 PM, so he doesn’t really know why somebody would come visit him at that type of hour. “What the do you want—Heechul? Hangeng? What are you two doing here?” He asked as he opened the door, letting the shivering guys in his house.

“Donghae called us to meet up here,” Hangeng explained.

“He didn’t call me,” Kyuhyun huffed. “He didn’t say why?”

Hangeng shook his head. “He sounded so worried though.”

“Anyway, you guys want anything to drink?” Kyuhyun offered.

“Warm milk would be great,” Heechul responded.

“I’ll have the same thing,” said Hangeng.

Kyuhyun made his way to the kitchen to get the beverages. He grabbed two cups from the cupboard, and almost dropped when his doorbell sounded once again.

“I’ll get it!” Hangeng yelled from the living room.

Kyuhyun came back from the kitchen with a tray of warm milk. He noticed Donghae fidgeting on his sofa, but didn’t really pay much attention to him. “Drink up while it’s warm.”

“I didn’t come here for us to drink milk,” Donghae suddenly snapped.

“Oh come on, just take a sip,” Kyuhyun offered a cup to Donghae, but the latter ended up shoving it away; a little bit splattered on Kyuhyun’s arm. “, that was hot!”

Donghae stood up from the sofa; his fists were noticeably tightly clenched. “Would you guys listen to me first?!”

“We are listening, bro,” Heechul defended.

“Put the cup down then!”

“Calm down, Donghae. What’s up?” Kyuhyun asked, settling beside his best friend.

“Sungmin’s pregnant.”

Kyuhyun didn’t really say anything. There was nothing to say since he already knew. He has to admit, he’s surprised that Sungmin had already told Donghae. Because he knew how Donghae was going to react, he wasn’t that much surprised anymore.

Heechul and Hangeng on the other hand started laughing with their mouths covered. They had laughed for at least about a minute or two when they finally realized that the situation is a serious one.

“Wait, you can’t be joking, right? Sungmin’s a guy! How is he supposed to get pregnant?” Heechul asked, shock more evident on his face than earlier.

“I- I don’t know…”

Hangeng started clapping which earned judgmental looks from the three. “Congratulations, bro! You’re going to be a daddy!” he said with a smile.

“I asked him to get rid of the thing,” Donghae suddenly blurted out, making Kyuhyun get up from his seat. Heechul had tightened his hold onto his cup, while Hangeng stood up from the floor.

“What?” Kyuhyun asked, eyes squinting. “You… want to get rid of the baby?” Donghae nodded. “Why?!”

“What do you mean why?! I’m 16, Kyuhyun! My parents will kill me! You know how they are! They’ll probably kill me for going out with a guy. Then kill me again for having with him. Then throw me to the pits of hell for getting a guy pregnant!”

“I thought you love Sungmin?” Hangeng butted in.

“I do, but—“

“But what, Donghae? Sungmin and the little thing that’s growing inside him is your responsibility now,” Hangeng elucidated. “I suggest you get a good night sleep. Think about it. If you leave him now, you’re never going to get Sungmin’s trust back.”

Hangeng and Heechul made their way out, and then it was just two of them. It was a bit awkward. When Donghae said he wanted to give up the baby, he couldn’t help but curse out his best friend in his mind. His best friend loves babies, that’s why when he never got a little brother or sister, he had cried for days; accepting the fact that he’s the only child.

Because neither of them liked the silence, Kyuhyun finally spoke up. “Do you really want Sungmin to give up the baby?”

“Yes.”

“Just because you’re too young?”

“No.”

“Then what?”

“Because my parents are scary people, Kyuhyun and you know that.”

“I’m pretty sure they’d understand. They’d love to have a grandchild.”

“They want me to get married to a woman. I’m betrothed to someone since I was born, remember?!”

“One day, you need to break away from your parents, Donghae. Maybe this is the day. You’re the one always telling us that you love Sungmin so much, well, that love of your life needs you more than ever now.”

Donghae shook his head. “I can’t, Kyuhyun. I really can’t.”

Kyuhyun sighed. Donghae left after that talk they had, and Kyuhyun made his way back to his room. Paulie was already sleeping on his bed, so he decided to let the puppy sleep beside him tonight.

 

~

 

Kyuhyun had woken up early the following morning.

He drove to the pharmacy store to buy some medicines and other stuff. He got in his car, and then dialed a number.

Moments later, he was standing in front of a small, but cozy looking house. The house wasn’t that much of an attraction, but you can tell a lovely family lives in it.

He knocked on the door, thinking it was still a bit early in the morning for the people in that house to be awake, but surprisingly, the door opened and a bright smile greeted him.

That smile vanished as quickly as Kyuhyun had put his foot between the post and the door to block the other person from closing the door.

“Why are you closing the door on me?” Kyuhyun asked.

“What are you doing here?”

Kyuhyun held up the plastic bag for the former to see. “I got you stuff.”

“I don’t need it.”

“Trust me, you do.” Kyuhyun took his foot away, and the other opened the door wider. “In here is medicine to help you with your morning sickness. I also bought vitamins, and a blood pressure reader. Don’t stress yourself too much or else something bad will happen.”

The person was blinking like they couldn’t believe their eyes. Kyuhyun wouldn’t really blame the person. All their life they’ve been fighting, but now, he’s here showing so much care.

“Take it,” Kyuhyun said as he handed the plastic bag to the other person. “If your body starts to have bad reactions to the medicines, stop using it. I have to go now.”

Kyuhyun started walking away, but the person called out for him.

“K-Kyuhyun, about D-Donghae… I- I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to ruin your best friend’s life.”

There were tears falling from Sungmin’s eyes. It shocked Kyuhyun so much that he just stood at where he was standing like a statue.

He doesn’t have the right to comfort him; he’s still Donghae’s.

He doesn’t have the right to wipe those tears away; he’s still Donghae’s.

He doesn’t have the right to tell him everything is going to be okay; because it’s not considering what Donghae had told him last night.

So, he just stood there and watched Sungmin cry.

It .

I’d hug you if only I could.  

 

~

 

Kyuhyun got home at lunch time, and found Donghae waiting at his steps.

The guy immediately stood up when he saw him.

“You’re here again? Did you change your mind?” Kyuhyun asked.

Donghae shook his head. “Kyuhyun, I’m leaving.”

Kyuhyun chuckled. “I just got here, come in, have lunch with me.”

“N-no, I don’t mean going home, leaving. I meant I’m leaving, leaving this country.”

“Stop joking, come in and cook for me.” Kyuhyun opened the door to his house, but Donghae didn’t follow behind. The former was just standing on his steps with eyes red, which Kyuhyun just noticed. Has the guy been crying all night or he stayed up thinking?

“Are you serious about leaving? Are you really leaving Sungmin behind with that child growing in him?”

“Take care of Sungmin and our child for me, Kyuhyun. Please do me this one favor? For me? For your best friend?”

Kyuhyun smirked, and then snickered. “Donghae, Sungmin is not my responsibility.”

“Please, I beg of you.”

Kyuhyun widened his eyes when he saw that Donghae was about to get down on his knees.

“What the are you doing?!” He yelled at Donghae. “Don’t you dare get on your knees! I’m sorry, but I can’t help you Donghae.”