Lee Donghae

Rumored Love Story

 

“Oh? You’re eating lollipops again!”

Donghae flinched when his best friend harshly slammed his locker.

“Well, thanks to a certain someone, I couldn’t on lollipops for a week,” Kyuhyun complained. “Do you know how hard it is to not be able to have a strawberry-peach flavored lollipop for a week?!”

Donghae chuckled. “No.”

“Exactly!”

“Anyway, how’s Paulie? Did you take her to the vet yet?”

“I did,” Kyuhyun replied with his lollipop’s stick sticking out of his mouth. “She loved the doctor.”

“Looks like someone’s jealous.”

Donghae barely got away from the punch that Kyuhyun suddenly threw. “What was that for?!”

Kyuhyun just shrugged. “I just felt like punching you, that’s all.”

“I really don’t like you, Kyuhyun.”

“You’re not supposed to, Donghae. You have a boyfriend.”

“I meant as a best friend.”

“Fine, friendship over?”

“Are you breaking up with me, Kyuhyun?”

“I didn’t know you guys go out.” Donghae and Kyuhyun immediately turned their heads to face the one who suddenly spoke up.

“S-Sungmin…” Donghae stuttered. “We… were just…”

“Playing around early in the morning I see?” Sungmin smiled. “It’s a good thing I’m a very understanding boyfriend or else I would’ve dumped you already so that you can show all of your love to your best friend.”

Donghae grinned. He reached out his hands, and brought Sungmin in for a hug. “Good morning. I missed you.”

Hearing Sungmin giggle early in the morning made Donghae’s heart flutter. It is simple things like these that make him happy; seeing him, hugging him, going to class with him, walking him to the bus stop –even though he’d rather take him home himself, and staying up late at night talking on the phone about “homework.”

Donghae heard Kyuhyun grunt, so he pulled away from the hug. “What’s wrong now?”

“It’s too early in the morning for this!”

“You’re just jealous,” teased Donghae as he stuck his tongue out at Kyuhyun.

“Please,” Kyuhyun scoffed, “I’ll get someone at the end of Homecoming dance.” 

 

“Mmm…” Donghae hummed, pulling Sungmin closer to him. “As long as you don’t take what is mine, then we’re good.”

Kyuhyun busted out into fits of laughter, sliding down the lockers and continued laughing very hard on the floor. “P-please, oh Donghae! Stop torturing me!” Kyuhyun laughed even louder. “Me? Take Sungmin? Not even!”

“I’m just saying!”

Sungmin cleared his throat. “By the way, Donghae, I got you something to eat. I made it myself.” Sungmin said, bringing out a very sweet looking pastry. “I made it myself. I hope you like it.”

Donghae chuckled when he saw Kyuhyun immediately bring his body up next to him. “What? This is mine!”

“Damn,” Kyuhyun cursed. “That looks so tasty!”

To tease Kyuhyun even more, Donghae took one big bite of the pastry and showed a face of bliss with his hands waving here and there. Donghae pouted the moment his best friend grabbed the treat out of his hands and took the same big bite he did.

“Mother of all holiness… this is good!” Kyuhyun yelled. “Oh my god!”

“Give that back to me!” Donghae snapped, cursing himself for being short because Kyuhyun had long hands. “Hey, Sungmin made that for me!”

Kyuhyun grumbled. “I don’t want to give it back!”

“Kyuhyun, now is not the right time for you to be acting cute! Give that back! I didn’t eat breakfast!”

“And what makes you think I did!”

Donghae gawked at him with both eyes and mouth wide open. “Are you ing kidding right now?! You stepped out of your car with chocolate milk and a slice of sandwich in your hands!”

“S-so?! That doesn’t mean anything!”

Finally being able to snatch the pastry out of Kyuhyun’s hands, Donghae ran and hid behind Sungmin, who couldn’t stop laughing at them.

“Ouch, Donghae, you’re hurting my shoulders!” Sungmin complained.

“Sorry baby.” Donghae let go of Sungmin’s shoulders, and then stuck a tongue out at Kyuhyun.

“Damn, I’m definitely going to ask Henry out,” Kyuhyun stated. “Sungmin, do you think he can make that for me too?”

“Shut up, Cho. I’m not letting you anywhere near my best friend,” Sungmin responded.

“Just because he’s your best friend, that doesn’t mean you have to answer for him.” Kyuhyun smirked. “Besides, you actually might not know that he could be hiding some feelings for me.”

“Impossible,” Sungmin scoffed. “Henry’s type is someone that can cook. You, on the other hand, can’t.”

“Who told you that?!”

“Who else? Donghae of course!”

With a shaking finger, Kyuhyun pointed at Donghae. “H-how d-dare you tell him?!”

“Oh come on, Kyuhyun! Everyone practically knows this already when you almost burned the Foods and Nutrition classroom during freshman year! You were cooking an omelet! AN OMELET!”

“It wasn’t my fault!” Kyuhyun testified, banging on the locker several times. At the same time, Heechul arrived.

“What’s up with him?” Heechul asked Donghae.

“He’s in denial,” Donghae replied.

“No, more like he just doesn’t want to accept that he’s a loser,” Sungmin joked, making Kyuhyun glare at him.

“What’s up, buddy?” Heechul asked facing Kyuhyun this time.

“I didn’t almost burn the classroom, okay?!”

Heechul snorted; his face turning into a deep shade of red before finally letting out a loud chuckle. “Oh yes you did! I was in that class, remember?!”

“I was too!” Sungmin said.

“Ah, yes! Yes, you were!” Heechul said. “He left his pan unattended right?”

“He did.”

“And then for some reason he put the heat on high.”

“Which doesn’t make sense to me since we were cooking an omelet.”

“Exactly!”

“Shut up, both of you!” Kyuhyun screamed at the top of his lungs.

“We were just teasing you, buddy,” Donghae claimed, running up to Kyuhyun’s side and then gave him a hug. “You know we still love you, right?”

“I don’t love you! Go away!”

“Hmmm… let’s take a picture!”

“Huh?” The other three questioned in unison.

“Yeah! You, me, and Sungmin. Heechul can take it for us!”

“Why do I have to take the picture?! I want to be in it too!”

“I want a picture of my best friend and my boyfriend together! Come on Heechul! Take it with your phone, I’m too lazy to take mine out of my pocket.”

Heechul didn’t protest anymore. He quickly took out his phone, and then asked Sungmin to stand between Donghae and Kyuhyun. “Kyuhyun, smile you ugly duckling!” Once Kyuhyun smiled, Heechul quickly took the picture before the former could change back to his cold look again. “Wow, this looks so cute!”

“Of course, I’m in the picture,” Kyuhyun bragged, earning a scoff from the other three. “It’s not like it’s not true.”

“Whatever, I gotta go to class now. I’ll send this picture to the three of you later. Come on, Kyuhyun. Hangeng wants to talk to you.”

~

“Sungmin.”

No response.

“Sungmin!”

“Mr. Lee, is there something wrong?”

“Oh, uhmm, no Ms. Kim.”

The moment his teacher turned around to face the board again, he threw a paper ball at his lover’s head, which shot a glare at him.

“What?!” Sungmin mouthed angrily.

Donghae flashed two blue tickets in the air, and almost as if planned, Sungmin gasped with his hands covering his mouth.

“You bought it already?” Sungmin mouthed.

Donghae nodded.

“Let’s go on a date this Saturday,” Donghae mouthed, unaware that his teacher is already beside him.

“Mr. Lee, now is not the right time to be showing your lover that you have bought the tickets for Homecoming. Would you happen to know the answer to the question on the board?”

“No ma’am. I happen to not know what the answer is to the question on the board.”

“I thought so. That’s why I’m giving this class a three-page essay on how to solve it.”

“Ms. Lee, how do you type a three-page essay about solving a math equation?!” Donghae protested.

“Figure it out. It’s due in two days!”

A loud burst of groaning and of “Donghae” filled the classroom.

Donghae just shrugged knowing that his best friend is a math whiz and he knows he’ll be able to help him.

~

“I can’t believe you got our class in trouble! You could have told me after school!”

“Are you mad?”

“No,” Sungmin retorted, obviously he’s being sarcastic.

“Yes you are.”

“Of course I am! I have other things to do, but now I have to type up an essay on how to solve an easy math problem!”

“So, no date this Saturday?”

“NO!”

Donghae frowned. “Why not?”

“Because I have to do other stuff. My bus is here, I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Oh, okay.”

Disappointment was written all over Donghae’s face, and that’s when the most unexpected thing happened.

No.

It couldn’t be happening right now.

Not now.

Wait, it’s still too early. Or maybe not.

Air.

He needs air.

It all happened too fast.

Sungmin just kissed him…

…on the lips…

On. The. Lips.

“Stop pouting. I’ll try to call you later.”

Donghae watched Sungmin get on his bus. When the bus drove away, he brought up his fingers and slowly rubbed it on his lips.

He smiled.

Sungmin’s first kiss. It’s his. All his.

~

That night, Sungmin wasn’t able to call him, but the moment he laid down on his bed, his phone buzzed and then he read the text.

“Where are we going this Saturday?”

A smile crept up on his face. He didn’t reply to Sungmin’s text. Instead, he placed his phone on his bedside table, and went to sleep. 

 

 

(A/N): No school! :) Happy Rosh Hashanah to my Jewish readers (if I have some). How is everyone doing? I've been DRAINED. MENTALLY DRAINED. I had tests/quizzes everyday for the past 2 weeks >.< I failed most of them lol but uhmmm yeah.. SORRY I ALWAYS HAVE A LOT TO SAY ON MY A/N :(

ETQA AND FIE I MISS YOU BOTH SO SO SO SO MUCHHHHOSSSS <333333 the comments you gave me made me laugh though ;~; don't worry, i'm getting more and more erted everyday because of my classmates hihihihi [i was actually thinking of going back to twitter but ehhh...i didnt realize how irritated i was until i disactivated it omfg -__- but yeah my classmates are asking me to get back on smdh] 

To all my Kyuhyun stan readers, CONGRATULATIONS MUUUHFCKERS! YALL LUCKY AS SHT! I have to say, I spazzed too. My best friend is a TOP fan so when I told her Kyu finally took his shirt off, she said TOP will be next and then we had this argument while we were in DC. Speaking of DC, if any of you is planning to visit, Autumn (now) and Spring is the best time to visit that "awfully" wonderful place :) If you have any questions about DC, just ask me ^^ 

is anyone still reading this story?? YES BECAUSE I HAVE 100+ SUBSCRIBERS WOOT WOOT I'M SO HAPPY can we make it up to 200? (nooo) THANKS EVERYONE I LOVE YOU GUYS! THANK YOU THANK YOU! And for my commenters, YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME AND YOU GUYS KEEP ME HAPPY WHILE I'M IN CLASS :D 

P.S. i'm so proud of EXO rn i just....gawd...i'm so proud of them!