Lee Sungmin

Rumored Love Story

 

A story in which a guy named Cho Sungmin, found the love of his life and a family that he treasures the most in this world, and in which fighting for something has never been so lovely. In life, people will always search for that special someone that they’re going to spend their life with, but in reality, they’ve always been in front of you; protecting you, loving you, and even the simplest one of all; smiling at you. And if that’s not enough reason as to why people shouldn’t look far and wide for that special someone, well, let’s just say fate is their best friend in the long run. In this story, however, friendships will be broken, love will be tested, being a father never looked so hard, and choosing the right person can save a life.

~

Cho Sungmin wakes up next to his husband of five years.

Sungmin watches him crinkle his nose at the touch of his lips brushing against his husband’s.

They had a huge fight last night. It was a normal married couple argument, but it got completely out of hand when Sungmin yelled at his husband to stop acting like he’s the father of Sungmin’s 16-year old daughter, JoLi. JoLi wanted to go to a party, but Kyuhyun didn’t let her go, a party in which Sungmin gave his daughter permission that she can go.

It was scary. Sungmin remembered crying so hard that it even made it hard for him to breathe.

You see, JoLi, is not exactly from his husband. JoLi is his daughter from his ex-boyfriend in high school.

Yes, he’s a man. Yes, he was able to carry a child in his womb for nine months. How? He never quite understood what the doctor had said, but it was definitely a miracle. There’s only one in a billion chances that it could happen to a man on this planet. It somehow had to be Sungmin.

It was weird, yes. But this man right here beside Sungmin, helped him get through it; together, with him.

Sungmin caressed his husband, Cho Kyuhyun’s face.

Only God knows how much he loves the man.

Sungmin got up from their bed, and headed to the bathroom. He brushed his teeth and washed his face; pretty much did his morning routine.

Sungmin went down to the kitchen to prepare for their breakfast. Any minute now, Kyuhyun and JoLi will wake up.

And speaking of the devil, he smiled as he can already hear them scrambling back and forth while he flips the bacon in the pan. He moves to the other pan beside it, putting the leftover rice from last night and mixed in the scrambled eggs from a bowl.

Completely absorbed with cooking, a pair of hands suddenly wrapped around his waist and he flinched at the sudden hot breath blowing on his neck.

It was his husband.

“Sungmin,” his husband whispered, making Sungmin push him a bit further from him because he’s ticklish. “Sweet heart.”

“I’m cooking,” Sungmin said bluntly.

“I’m sorry, sweet heart.”

As if forgetting everything that happened last night, Sungmin turned around and flashed his husband a grin. His apologies will be the end of Sungmin. He doesn’t care how many times they’ve fought. As long as he apologizes for it, he’ll always forgive him. How can he possibly dare to stay mad at him after all that he’s done for him? Plus, his face is totally the cutest thing ever whenever he’s apologizing. Add in one hundred points for “sweet heart.”

“I should be the one apologizing, stupid.” Sungmin turned off the stove, and made his way to the dining table with two pans in his hands.

Kyuhyun followed behind him, and then sits down, takes the cup of coffee from the table and brought it to his lips, taking a sip of it. Sungmin watched as he saw him grab the sugar bowl and puts in a large amount of sugar. He shakes his head as he giggled silently at his husband’s love for sweet stuff.

JoLi walks in silently with a smile on her face. Kyuhyun and Sungmin curiously stared at each other. How can their daughter be smiling even after the fight that happened between her and Kyuhyun last night?

“Good morning, dad, daddy,” she greeted. She took her seat beside Kyuhyun, and then scooped up a scoopful of rice, and put it on her plate. Kyuhyun stares at her like a detective, scanning her face for any signs of attack or if anything, another argument.

“Is there something on my face?” JoLi asks, touching her make-upped face. “I only have BB Cream and mascara on don’t worry, nobody will me.”

“It’s not that,” Kyuhyun starts. “Aren’t you mad at me? Us?”

“Daddy! Don’t even say that! I’m fine. I’m not mad at you or dad. The party was actually canceled. Apparently, Sena’s mom came home earlier than expected,” JoLi explains with a smile on her face.

Kyuhyun takes JoLi’s hands and caressed it. “I’m really sorry, and take the make-up off. You’re beautiful the way you are. You look just like your father.”

“Speaking of your father,” Sungmin intruded, taking a sip from his own cup of coffee. “He called to tell me that he’s going to take you to school today, and then he’s taking you to go shopping afterwards.”

“Are you serious?! I thought he was still in China.”

“Well, he’s back, so hurry up and eat, he’ll be here in a few minutes.”

The family had a silent breakfast, but a loud honk of a car coming from outside the house startled them.

“It’s him!” JoLi yelled excitedly. “Bye daddy. Bye dad.” She kissed Kyuhyun, and then Sungmin, and without another second to lose, she was gone.

“She has really grown up to be a nice young lady,” Kyuhyun chimed.

“It’s because of you,” Sungmin reasoned with a smile. “Without your strictness and protectiveness, she’ll probably be lost in this world like those other kids.”

Kyuhyun reaches for Sungmin’s hand and brought it up to his lips to kiss it. “I love you.”

Sungmin beams at him, leaning across the small table to kiss his husband fully on the lips. “I love you too.”

“Anyway, I’m going to be late. I’ll see you later this afternoon, okay?” Kyuhyun said as he retracted his hand from Sungmin. Sungmin nodded in response.

Sungmin watches as his husband put his cup and plate in the sink, and then make his way to the front door, slipping his shoes on, but before he could leave, Sungmin grabbed him by the arm, and turned him around.

“Your tie is crooked.” Sungmin’s hands made its way up to Kyuhyun’s chest and carefully fixes the latter’s tie. “Not even giving me a goodbye kiss before leaving?” Sungmin pats Kyuhyun’s chest as he finishes up with the tie.

Kyuhyun smirks. “I thought I should keep my distance from you for awhile. Since, you know, I’m not JoLi’s father.”

“Kyuhyun,” Sungmin spat. “I was tired, and mad, and I didn’t know half of what I was saying last night. You know how much JoLi loves you. You’ve been with us ever since she was born. You are her father and I’m your husband. And I love you. I love you, Cho Kyuhyun.”

With that, Kyuhyun kissed Sungmin as passionately as he could, immediately feeling like he’s on cloud nine just like the first time he had kissed him.

Sungmin was the first one to break away from the kiss for he knows his lungs were never in the best condition to be kissed as roughly as Kyuhyun could kiss because damn, the guy can kiss; really, really good.

“Your lips are swollen,” Kyuhyun teased, suppressing a laugh so he won’t annoy his husband more as he place another kiss on Sungmin’s lips again.

“Like it usually is on a daily basis,” Sungmin said with a pout.

“Which you love,” Kyuhyun teased once again, but Sungmin agreed with a nod anyway.

“You’re really going to be late now, Kyuhyun.”

“Okay, bye. I love you.”

“I love you too.” Kyuhyun kissed Sungmin one last time on the lips, and then made his way to his car followed by Sungmin, waving his hands goodbye to the most lovable husband in this world.

Sungmin goes back inside the house and decides to dust off the dusts in the living room. He grabs the feather duster from behind the TV set, and begins his daily rituals.

Sungmin stops in front of the shelf with a bunch of pictures. It never really bothered Sungmin that Kyuhyun keeps a lot of pictures, but the mere fact that Kyuhyun’s picture mostly consists of him and his best friend is what he tries to ignore the most.  Don’t get him wrong, Sungmin’s completely fine with having at least ten pictures with him and his husband since he’s camera shy…

But…

Kyuhyun’s best friend is also JoLi’s dad.

There is absolutely no awkwardness that fills the vicinity of Kyuhyun and Sungmin’s house when JoLi is with them, but when it’s just the couple, it’s either one of them goes to the bathroom or to the kitchen to cook something, or just simply leaves.

Sungmin glides the feather duster on the picture frames, but then one frame fell backwards. Sungmin propped it up on its legs again, but stops to look at the picture one more time.

It was a picture of Sungmin back in high school, and he was standing in between his former boyfriend, and his now husband of five years.

Lee Donghae.

That was his name.

Lee Donghae, father of JoLi, best friend of Kyuhyun, and Sungmin’s former lover that has shattered his heart into millions of pieces, but thankful, for he knows he wouldn’t have Kyuhyun now if the former didn’t break that heart of his in two.

“Lee Donghae.” The fact that his name still rolled off of Sungmin’s tongue ever so sweetly scared him. He had really loved the man.

Who was it really? Who was it that actually left? Because damn it, Sungmin wouldn’t be able to do it in a million years.

Sungmin runs his fingers on the picture frame as questions of his high school life begins to fill in his mind once again. He picks it up, and then walks to the couch.

“What exactly happened again?” Sungmin questions himself as he starts to remember once more the love that was broken back in high school and the love that had bloomed the moment one ended.

~

“Yah! Lee Donghae!” 

 

 

 

(A/N): It's bad right? I know. I should delete this -__- Uhmm for anyone who is confused...YES, I started with the PRESENT!! Okay? You see the last line? That's where the actual story begins on how the PRESENT came about. Get it? Meaning this whole story will be about the PAST. Okay? Anyone still lost? At least you guys know now who Sungmin ends up with..but you never know...I can alter the ending for this story yaknow yaknow because I'm a mean author HAHA 

Okay let's talk about JoLi. Her name is a combination of KyuMin's last name haha CHOLEE :D See? Or if you ship KyuHae then go ahead and think it's a combination of their last name whatever i dont currrr 

To everyone who followed me on twitter, I'M SO HAPPY BECAUSE WE TALK ALMOST EVERYDAY NOW :"> I will give snippets for this story and this --> [RLS] <-- will be in the beginning of the tweet. The snippets won't be long; probably just a line or something. Or I'll tell you guys if I have a new character coming in or when I'm gonna be updating :D 

That's all I want to say. LOOOOOOOL If I lose 10 subscribers I will delete this story js~ :P

COMMENT PLEASE!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!! THANKS FOR WAITING!!!