Basket Ball and a Surprise

It Was Just An Accident

               “So yeah, she became my dongsaeng,” said Jungmin.

               “Guys I have to go see Ah In,” said CL.

               “Who’s Ah In?” asked Sierra.

               “My younger brother, he’s in the hospital,” said CL.

               “Can I come?” asked Sierra.

               “Sure,” said CL. Both went to the hospital.

               “Ah In, noona’s here!” said CL. She sat on the little boy’s bed. “How are you feeling dongsaeng?” she asked.

               “It still kind of hurts but the doctors said that they’re going to discharge me in a month,” said Ah In.

               “Where’s Omma?” asked CL.

               “Mom was told to go home and rest,” said Ah In.

               “Ah In, I’d like you to meet my friend Sierra, she’s from India and she dances really, really well,” said CL.

               “Hello Ah In,” smiled Sierra, hoping to leave a good impression on CL’s younger brother.

               “Can you dance for me noona?” asked Ah In.

               “Right now? Here?” asked Sierra.

               “Yes,” said Ah In.

               Sierra took out her iPod and played Park Jung Min’s ‘Not Alone’. CL blinked. She had never realized how gorgeous and attractive his singing voice was. It was like she was listening to melting chocolate but only better. Sierra was dancing smoothly and it totally matched the melting chocolate voice emanating from the iPod. Halfway through the song Sierra began singing too. CL stared. Sierra’s singing voice was extremely beautiful as well.

               “Sierra Noona,” said Ah In in awe.

               “Yes?” asked Sierra.

               “Do you have a boyfriend?” he asked. Sierra blinked.

               “Yah, Ah In! Is that a question to ask?” asked CL, shocked by her brother’s sudden boldness. Sierra laughed.

               “No I don’t,” she smiled.

               This time CL turned to look at Sierra surprised.

               “You don’t?” she asked.

               “No,” said Sierra.

               "Can I date you Noona?" Ah In asked in a daze.

               "Ah In!" CL cried in horror. Sierra blushed, a smile on her face.


               “So how do manage to not have a boyfriend?” asked CL while they were on their way to YG.

               “Like that,” said Sierra, shrugging. “I never let any guy get close to me in that emotional way. In fact I barely have talked to guys,” she said.

               “Oh,” said CL.

               “What’s your thing Unnie?” asked Sierra.

               “Me?” asked CL.

               “What’s going on between you and Jungmin?” asked Sierra.

               “Me and him?” laughed CL. “There is nothing going on between the two of us,” said CL. They entered YG campus. “Around three to six days before he went to India, I went out in disguise, he was out and about and I ended up getting pushed against him and he recognized me. Then he and I were chosen to model for ‘Washout’ the new jazz clothes company. After that he left and came back, he won in the court and got chosen by YG, there have been a lot of caught accidents which is why fans think that it’s some kind of affair, but it’s the wrong way around. Of course Dara Unnie has to add to the problems,” said CL with a sigh.

               “That sounds like a terrible situation,” said Sierra.

               “You think?” asked CL with a grunt.

               “A fan would enjoy it,” smiled Sierra.

               “Whatever,” sighed CL.

               “Is Dara Unnie dating Yesung?”  asked Sierra on seeing Dara and Yesung.

             “I don’t know yet, it would seem like that except Dara doesn’t pay that much attention to him,” said CL. They passed by Ji Young, Taeyang and Key who were playing basket ball. Sierra and Key shared a fleeting knowing glance. Ji Young suddenly checked his watch and ran off.

               “Hey Chaerin, who’s your new friend? Asked Taeyang tossing the ball at her.

               “Her name is Sierra, she’s one of our new dancers and an amazing friend,” said CL in reply while dribbling the ball.

               “Care to join the game?” asked Taeyang.

               “Would love to,” said CL.

               “Can I join?” asked Minzy.

               “Then we’ll need another player,” said Key. He looked around. “Jungmin hyung, care to join us?” asked Key.

               Instantly Jungmin spotted CL.

               “Nah, I think not,” he said.

               “Please oppa,” said Sierra. He then noticed Sierra.

               “I don’t know-” he began.

               “Don’t you know how to play?” asked Sierra.

               “Of course I know how to play!" said Jungmin arrogantly, striding over.

               “Yay!” said Sierra. She hugged Jungmin. Key blinked.

               “Jungmin hyung, how do you know Sierra?” asked Key.

               “She? She’s my pet, she’s my girlfriend,” said Jungmin. Key blinked again and drew in a sharp breath.

               “No I am not!” said Sierra pushing at the laughing Jungmin. “He’s my elder brother, we met in India,” Sierra explained.

               “Alright then, should we start?” asked Taeyang.

               Taeyang, Key and Jungmin went on one team while Sierra, Minzy and CL went into the other. It was simple boys versus girls. Taeyang threw the ball into the air. Sierra jumped up and grabbed the ball before anyone could tell what was going on. Suddenly Key noticed her iPod was plugged in. She was playing with the same vigor and life she had while dancing. A small smile came to his lips.

               You want to play? Fine then, let’s play. He thought.

               He reached forward and unplugged the earphones. Music poured out. Sierra froze, surprised for a second. Key grabbed the ball and scored a basket. She grinned competitively at him. He grinned right back. Jungmin took the ball from Minzy. CL came, went under his hand, grabbed the ball and shot a basket. Jungmin and Key groaned. Sierra grabbed the ball and Jungmin ran after her. She blocked him but he didn’t let off.  She threw it backwards over their heads. Minzy grabbed it and threw a basket. Jungmin made the most confused face any of them had ever heard.

               “Aigoo!” said Sierra jumping at him and pinching his cheeks. Laughing everyone including CL attacked him. Giving a yell, he ran off with everyone on his heels, last by CL. She turned around and saw Dara filming them. CL laughed at Dara and ran after the rest of them.


               Jungmin and CL had cooled down towards each other but they never failed to fight every day. Recently 2ne1, Big Bang, Key, Sierra, Jungmin and Hye Sun, except for Dara and Yesung, had been hanging around and having fun while Dara followed them with a camera like paparazzi.


               One day Sierra, CL and Jungmin were called to the President’s office.                        

               “Ah yes, we have decided Jungmin’s comeback will contain CL and Sierra. Sierra for her dancing skills and CL for her amazing vocals,” said the President.

               CL groaned and then let out a sigh of frustration.

               “I thought I said I am never going to do any actual work with him,” sighed CL.

               “But you already have, the video clips Dara has taken will be used,” said the president. CL slapped her forehead.

               “I should have known….”sighed CL.

               “When will we be doing this?” asked Sierra. Suddenly it CL so hard that she felt like she had been hit over the head with a guitar.

               “You have not heard Sierra sing,” said CL.

               “She sings?” asked Jungmin and the president as if they had been just told that the Bermuda triangle had up Lee Hyori.

               “Unnie!” hissed Sierra.

               “She has a gorgeous voice!” said CL, ignoring Sierra.

               “Let’s hear you sing,” said the President. Jungmin leaned forward, interested. Sierra swallowed hard. When she danced she always had total confidence but when she sang well……only CL and her friends in India had heard her sing.

               “Sing what?” she asked nervously.

               “Do you know ‘Stand Up’ by J-Min?” asked CL. Sierra nodded.

               “I know it by heart,” she said.

               “Well then sing it,” said CL. “I’ll help a little, I’ll start off,” said CL. “Sarmi himdeurodo kketkaji pogi mara,”  

               “haneuri ne gyeutteul jikyo jul goya,” Sierra carried on. Jungmin’s mouth fell open. She finished off. The president stared.

               “This is brilliant! Absolutely brilliant!” he said clapping. “How about you sing in the song but nobody will know it’s you! You could be a mystery singer till your debut!” said the president. A huge astonished smile spread across CL’s face. She threw her arms around Sierra and they both jumped up and down, screaming in delight while Jungmin grinned at them.


A/N- Hehehehe. Hoped you enjoyed! Jungmin and CL starting to get along? Ooh! Did we see a little chemistry between Sierra and Key? Key a little jealous of Jungmin's relationship with Sierra? hehehehehe. Oh and Happy birthday Ricky!