Swimming Competition

It Was Just An Accident

CL had a lot of weird things happen to her that year. A lot of weird thing happened and most of them involved her falling down. And somehow all of the weird stuff that happened to her, be it minor or even major, was related to Park Jung Min. It just had to be Park Jung Min of all people and now she was getting tired. How did she even get into this mess in the first place? Right, he was walking on the streets so that all of his fan girls could scream. CL stared up at Jungmin, not liking the very intimate position they were in, but it wasn’t like they hadn’t fallen together before. They always fell, and that was the problem.

“Marker…..” she said, holding up the marker in an attempt to explain why she had broken into the dorm like a complete sasaeng fan. Jungmin stared at the marker with a raised eyebrow, a look of disbelief on his face. CL suddenly wondered why that even when he was expressing his dislike for her, he was good-looking.  What on earth was she thinking?

“You could have knocked you know.” He sounded like he was stating the most obvious thing in the world….which it kind of was. But that didn’t matter anyways. She was mostly worried that he was thinking she had ulterior motives like cutting his hair off or something. Which was what the old CL would do, but now she wouldn’t.

“It didn’t occur to me to wait in the rain!” CL snapped defensively. She didn’t want to be known as the girl that broke into guys dorms. Jungmin could spread that rumor if he wanted to and he’d be entirely correct. She wouldn’t have a chance against that rumor. But she and Jungmin weren’t at each other’s throats anymore……right?

“Whatever, who cares, go,” he said. He got off her and ran his hands through his hair. CL almost leaped out of the room, in a desperate hurry to leave the embarrassing situation and Jungmin as far as possible. Her knee knocked into the room door on her way out. She cursed under her breath, knowing that it was definitely going to bruise the next day. She almost crashed through the 2ne1 dorm door and held out the marker to Minzy, completely soaked. Minzy stared at her in confusion. She slowly took the marker.

“Eonni, are you OK? You’re really wet and you look like you’ve seen a ghost and the love of your life at the same time,” said Minzy in concern.

“I’m OK,” CL said, waving Minzy off. She went to her room and spotted Sierra standing in the doorway of her room, staring at CL with an almost knowing looking. CL felt goose bumps pop out on her arms. Sierra looked like her eyes were piercing through CL’s soul. Trying to shake off the feeling, CL raised her hand.

“You still awake Sierra?” she asked.

Sierra raised her eyebrows and almost looked like she was laughing internally.

“Yes, I am,” Sierra said. “You should have taken an umbrella Eonni. Did you like go into an emotional overdrive and forget about an umbrella? Usually when people have emotions clouding their senses they forget their umbrellas. It happens in all the dramas,” Sierra smiled, looking too amused for CL’s liking.

“I was fine. I was just in a hurry to go and get Minzy’s marker.” CL started to look worried. How much did Sierra know?

“By the way, I remembered where you kept the marker, but then you just ran out the door. Looks like we have telepathy or something.” Sierra said with a shrug.

CL’s eyes widened.

Sierra knew.

“I’m tired,” CL fled into her room and showered before going to sleep.


Early in the morning, the 2ne1 dorm got up and went to go and get ready for Ah In’s swimming contest. With the progress Jungmin had been telling Sierra of, she guessed Ah In would get first or he would get the second place. But second place would only be if Ah In faltered during swimming, which Sierra was confident wouldn’t happen. She trusted Jungmin and Ah In. If they were confident about it, then she was confident as well.

Arriving at the venue, Sierra went to the locker rooms, leaving CL and the rest to go get seats for themselves. They weren’t allowing anyone but the coaches to enter the locker rooms with the child. But Ah In told a security that a female coach of his was coming and she looked Indian. She walked in and saw Jungmin giving a boost up speech to Ah In which Sierra decided was unnecessary for a little boy. Jungmin straightened up when he spotted her and smiled. Sierra took Ah In to the side.

“You can tell your Noona about him today, OK? She’s going to find out anyways,” Sierra informed Ah In. Ah In grinned and nodded. Sierra and her partner in crime were ready for this. Sierra ran back to where CL and the others were seated. They were already being asked for autographs which they all gladly signed. Sierra took her seat and CL turned to her.

“Where did you run off to?” CL asked Sierra in question. Sierra smiled at CL and shrugged casually.

“I went to the bathroom.” Sierra was convinced she deserved an acting award. CL actually believed her and turned back to the fan that was asking for an autograph. CL’s mom showed up and sat a couple of rows in front of them since she couldn’t get through the crowd of fans that were slowly gathering together to see the 2ne1 members. No one payed attention to Sierra. No one knew her, so she wasn’t worth their attention.

The contestants walked out to their places and CL looked at Ah In with adoration. Sierra wanted to laugh, knowing CL would want to meet Jungmin after the competition was over. Introductions of the contestants were made and then a whistle was blown. They dived into the water and then swam. The entire audience started screaming, each screaming the name of the one they supported. CL stood up and screamed Ah In’s name. Spurred on by a star screaming someone’s name, others began shouting Ah In’s name as well.

CL suddenly looked concerned. Ah In was behind everyone else. It wasn’t that he was a lap behind anyone; it was just that he was behind the others. And then CL noticed him suddenly pause for just a fraction of a second. He did the strangest twirl thing in the water that she had ever seen and he shot through the water to the front and touched the end of the pool. CL screamed wildly, cheering. The 2ne1 members stood up and cheered as well and so did Sierra.

Ah In was handed the trophy and CL practically sprinted towards him and knelt down in front of him. She smiled brightly and ruffled his hair fondly.

“You’ve done so well dongsaeng, Noona is so proud of you. So, so proud of you,” she said pulling the younger boy into and embrace, not caring if she was getting wet.

“That’s because of hyung, hyung here!” Ah In called, waving around. CL stood up and turned to look at the oblivious coach that had come from the other end of the pool to congratulate Ah In. Jungmin stopped in surprise and CL’s eyes widened in shock. Both of them stood there staring at each other in almost horror.

“YOU!” CL shouted pointing at him in horror.

“Noona, meet my hyung. Hyung, meet my Noona,” Ah In smiled happily and if the two older people would have been looking down at him they would be able to tell that he was smiling evilly. He was practically turning into a second Sierra. Evil dongsaengs were everywhere.

CL’s mouth was still open in shock and mortification. She could not believe this was happening to her. As her senses finally started coming back to her and her mind started clearing she realized what was going on around her and she took a proper good look at Jungmin. Mistake. Wrong move. He was good looking, very good looking. His hair was wet and messed up…..oh….and he was shirtless. CL swallowed hard, not realizing how red her face had gotten.

“Noona, your face is all red,” Ah In almost sang out. CL blinked in surprise and then her venom and bitter dislike for Jungmin came back. Woah, woah woah, weren’t you the one saying Jungmin and you weren’t at each other’s throats anymore last night? CL’s brain conveniently spoke up. She ignored it.

“How are you Ah In’s coach?” she snapped at him.

“How are you Ah In’s older sister?” Jungmin snapped back at her, equal amount of distaste in his voice, and that so did not sting her. It hit both of them in the face at the same time and both of them instantly looked dismayed.

“Sierra,” both of them groaned in realization. Sierra was talking to CL’s mom animatedly and was pointing in their direction. CL’s mom looked ecstatic and before CL could even think, her mom was next to her and facing Jungmin, a look of adoration and respect on her face. CL wanted to throw up.

“I must thank you for training my son.” CL’s mom bowed to Jungmin. Jungmin’s eyes widened in shock and he bowed back, definitely not accustomed to older women bowing to him like that.

“Could you please train him longer? I will pay you,” CL’s mom looked eager. CL was horrified and she was about to scream because: no, she did not want to be connected to Jungmin in more ways than one!  

“Uh….” Jungmin began, looking extremely reluctant.

“Please hyung?” Ah In begged, looking up at Jungmin with puppy eyes, a look Jungmin had actually become weak to recently. It was almost as bad as Sierra’s.

“He’d love to,” Sierra cut into the conversation. She looked at Jungmin, smiling sweetly, but people who knew Sierra well enough knew that her eyes held murder threats and torture warnings. “Right oppa?” Sierra’s sweet-as-sugar voice was laced with subtle poison.

“OK,” Jungmin gulped, avoiding Sierra’s terrifying gaze. CL thought she would faint into the pool right then and there. Sierra and Ah In however were doing their own little victory dances and CL and Jungmin absolutely no idea that the two had been in cahoots with each other from the very beginning.

“Alright-y then, I will be back!” Sierra sang out and then skipped away, pretending to be throwing daisies in the air.

“Can I get a picture?” CL’s mother asked. “It’s not every day I meet the band member of Heo Young Saeng!” CL’s mom practically gushed. CL sighed in annoyance. Of course her mother’s Young Saeng fan girl mode had to kick in right then. Her mother was an Ahjumma fan.

“Sure!” CL started to back away in order to escape from the embarrassing situation.

“No, get back here Chaerin, I want a picture of all three of you together!” CL’s mom smiled happily. She had no idea about the discomfort that CL and Jungmin had in each other’s presence. CL and Jungmin knelt down on either side of Ah In and they smiled brightly and genuinely. The camera clicked and with a sigh CL got up from her spot. She knew that her knee was bruised from knocking into Jungmin’s door on the way out the night before.

“You both know each other right?” CL’s mom questioned with hopeful eyes.

Are you really my Omma? Don’t you keep up with what I do? Jungmin and I are the most scandalous couple in the Kpop industry right now…..

“Yeah….” Both CL and Jungmin replied at the same time.

“Good! Can you both stand together? I want to take a picture of the both of you!” CL’s eyes widened. Today really couldn’t get any worse could it? She and Jungmin awkwardly scooted together. They were not very good at acting comfortably with each other. Awkwardness was almost radiating off them in copious amounts. “Oh come on! Be comfy, smile!” Then instantly – being the two perfect stars that they were – Jungmin put his arm around her and pulled her close. Both plastered huge smiles on their faces. All would have been well and would’ve ended perfectly if in the last moment CL just hadn’t remembered that Jungmin was actually shirtless. Her face turned bright red.

“Ooh~ that is the best picture I have ever taken in my life!” CL’s mom giggled. CL pulled herself away from Jungmin, trying to rid herself of the weird feeling in her stomach. It was like butterflies were flying in her stomach.

“So, where did you teach Ah In?” CL asked, trying to dispel the tension in the air.

“I still teach him at five thirty at the gym swimming pool,” said Jungmin.

“Oh…..” Silence. “Let’s go find everybody else!” both of them ran off and Jungmin scooped up his shirt that said ‘It’s Not Science It’s Magic’. They found the 2ne1 members. “Where’s Sierra?” CL was the first one to ask, on realizing the maknae of the gang was missing.

“Over there, you see that cute guy, the one that she’s talking to? I think he’s trying to hook up with her.” Dara pointed at Sierra and a younger male who was talking to her. Suddenly before any of them realized what was happening, Jungmin walked over and tapped the guy on the shoulder. The unexpecting male turned around and Jungmin grabbed his collar, sweeping his feet clean off the ground.

“Oppa!” Sierra cried out in shock.

“Just watch who you try to flirt with playboy; you should make sure that she doesn’t have an older, protective brother!” Jungmin growled.

“What? Brother?” the guy looked back and forth at Jungmin and Sierra in utter confusion before he peered at Jungmin’s face closely. “Wait a moment, aren’t you Park Jungmin?” he asked the taller.

“Why you little-” began Jungmin.

“Oppa, leave him alone!” Sierra cried, pulling Jungmin back and away from the other boy. “You’re going to murder YG with your antics!” Suddenly everyone whipped out their mobile phones. CL leaped into action and covered Sierra’s face. All of them ran to the van and got in. Jungmin stared down at his lap as the van speeded away and CL looked at Jungmin in disappointment.


“You haven’t been answering any of his calls,” CL looked at Sierra who was lying on her back on her bed. Then she returned her gaze to the notebook that she was scribbling on. She was writing complete gibberish of course, at least that’s what she supposed she was doing since her brain wasn’t processing what she was writing.

“I know, he was being so……well, he over reacted. Like a lot.” Sierra her side to look at CL, sighing in what seemed to be frustration. “I mean he’s not even my real brother! I’m just a normal fan girl you know.”

“You are not a normal fan girl. You’re Sierra James for heaven’s sake! You’re a little sister to me, Bom Eonni, Dara Eonni and Minzy as well. Not just Jungmin. I’d love a brother like Jungmin, someone who would be, you know, totally protective about me.” CL smiled with a shrug. Sierra sat up.

“You are not! You are not!” Sierra looked delighted.

“What?” CL asked in confusion.

“You’re falling for him! You’re falling for Jungmin Oppa!”

“Am not!” CL said back indignantly.

“Sierra, Seohyun’s here to see you!” Dara called. Sierra jumped up and went out. CL sat there, able to hear Sierra say hi to Seohyun and Rachu.

“Hi, we were wondering if you wanted to come and hang out with us,” CL heard Seohyun’s voice.

“Sure!” she heard Sierra’s voice. The other girl was suddenly back in the room and scrambling to get ready. Sierra waved to CL and then ran out of the room. CL chuckled, shook her head and looked down at her notebook. She almost dropped it in shock. There was written:

Jungmin <3

CL stared. What had she just written? Jungmin’s name? And when did hearts join Jungmin’s name of all names? She was in a state of dismay and revulsion. She quickly ripped the paper out, crumpled it in her fist and went to her room to throw it in her dustbin. She didn’t want anyone else finding it in any way possible. She put her hand above the dustbin.

Drop it.

But she didn’t. Chewing on her lip, CL moved and shoved the wrinkled piece of paper at the bottom of her desk drawer. She would throw it later, but for now….for now she could keep it.


Sierra entered Rachu’s house. Jae Ri was seated at a table and was sipping a can of Pepsi. Sierra sighed and her smile faded when she spotted Jae Ri. Seohyun and Rachu music and started dancing. Sierra was in no mood to dance. She went and took a seat too. She sighed. She knew she would have to talk to Jae Ri sooner or later. She bit her lip as she worked up the courage to speak to the older and prettier girl.

“So um, hi, I’m Sierra,” the Indian girl nervously fiddled with her thumbs.

“Hi, I’m Jae Ri,” the gorgeous girl replied with a smile that was so dazzling, Sierra knew she could never compare. She didn’t stand a chance against Jae Ri. If the other girl wanted, she could sweep Sierra away like a small leaf. Sierra knew if Jae Ri came in between, Sierra was in no way going to win against the other girl in trying for Key’s affection. She felt small and insignificant.

“I know we’ve like…um….already met but we didn’t talk to each other, so…yeah…” Sierra looked down at her hands, wanting the Earth to swallow her up because if she couldn’t even talk to Jae Ri how was she even supposed to look at Key hopefully? She was just Key’s dance teacher. No more, no less.

“Yep,” Jae Ri smiled before sipping her Pepsi again. She wasn’t even awkward talking to Sierra for the first time. She was completely relaxed and Sierra envied that.

“So….uh….you like Key of Shinee?” It almost came out as a whisper.

“No,” Jae Ri laughed, eyes disappearing as she did.

“But I thought….” Sierra turned to look at Rachu who was dancing her heart out.

“They just tease me. I don’t like him,” said Jae Ri. She turned to look at Sierra, a sparkle in her eye.

“But you seem to,” she said.

Sierra felt a smile spread across her face.

“Yeah,” she said softly.


Seohyun spotted the blonde instantly even though he was quite far. She ran over to him and grabbed his arm to stop him mid stride. She was in good spirits and she felt like playing cupid for a bit. It would be enjoyable teasing Key of all people anyways.

“Hi Oppa!” she said.

“Hi Seohyun,” he answered.

“So, did you hear about today’s swimming pool incident?” she asked calmly, with a large smile. And if Key heard about the recent events, he would have realized Seohyun was one of those evil dongsaengs.

“No,” Key said to her, truly clueless.

“OK,” Seohyun put her finger to her lips and beckoned him closer. He leaned towards her. “Chaerin Eonni went for her brother’s swimming contest with the 2ne1 members and Sierra,” Seohyun didn't fail to notice the way he perked up at the mention of Sierra’s name. “Oh, by the way did you know Ah In won? Jungmin was the one that taught him,” Seohyun shrugged. “Anyways I was talking about Sierra. This really cute looking guy started flirting with Sierra-” Key choked. “Are you OK Oppa?” Seohyun blinked at him innocently.

“Yeah, sure, continue,” Key waved his hand.

“Dara Eonni swears that she knew that he was going to ask Sierra out-”

“What?” Key yelled. He his heel and started running.

“But Jungmin Oppa interfered!” Seohyun shouted after Key, grinning. Key froze in his tracks. He stood there silently for a bit before he slowly turned around and trudged over to her. He looked at her for a bit and she grinned right back.

“You know,” Key said dully.

“I know,” her smile never left her face.

“Just don’t tell her,” Key said softly.

“Why shouldn’t I?” Seohyun asked curiously.

“Because...well she wouldn’t like me,” Key looked extremely downcast. “Plus, she has always loved Jungmin,”

“You’d be surprised. Girls like her would fall for you anytime if you treated them the way you’ve treated Sierra,” said Seohyun.

“Look, Seohyun, you have no idea-” Key began.

“When it comes to your love life Oppa, I know all. Be frank with her and be yourself,” said Seohyun brushing her hand against his shoulder like she was getting rid of dust on his jacket.

“How do you know so much?” Key asked her curiously and in frustration. Seohyun merely smiled at him when she suddenly spotted Kyuhyun. Her smile faded, she her heel and ran. Key sighed in defeat.


CL watched as Summer played with a little ball on the floor. It was rather sweet to watch her. Out of the blue another dog ran in through the open door. Everyone jumped and stared in surprise. Sierra was the first one to leap out of her seat and start shouting incoherent things that no one could understand. That was until Jungmin crashed in through the door calling out a name.

"Jeom Rye!” Jungmin shouted frantically. He stopped, eyes landing on CL. “Oh, hi,” Sierra ran over to Jeom Rye, bent down and held out her hand to the small dog. Jeom Rye sniffed Sierra’s hand.

“Hey there Jeom Rye!” said Sierra with a large smile. “You are so cute! Aw, you’re a good girl aren’t you?” Jeom Rye Sierra’s hand.

"Alright, Jeom Rye, we have to go,” Jungmin pounced at Jeom Rye. The smarter, Jeom Rye ran for it, leaving Jungmin to get up and run after her. He pounced again, but then tripped, falling on top of CL who screamed loudly. There was a moment of silence as the two enemies-not-enemies-anymore stared at each other. Intense sense of Déjà vu? Jeom Rye barked and Jungmin leaped out. He finally grabbed Jeom Rye and stood up. He bowed to everyone.

“I’m sorry for having disturbed all of you,” with that he left.

CL didn’t move, lying there in shock, staring off into the non-existent distance.


A/N - I am here! Say hello!!! Have you seen the new poster and background!! KittyNita17, my elder sis made it for me!! Isn't it so yeppuda?? Isn't the fanfic so pretty now?? Dara and Yesung's poster is up in chapter 3, Sierra's photo is up in the character list and I will be updating info in the fanfic feed to the left!! OK? Updates will be slow, as usual, but this time it's because I'm in IBDP. If you don't know what it is, google it! And as for CL and Jungmin? Let the games begin!!!

Shamelessly advertising my elder sis' Kaisoo fic: Good-bye My First Love

Carrots and Horses~