A Shoe and More

It Was Just An Accident

CL ran on the treadmill and Sierra watched her from her spot on one of the chairs. Sierra had just finished a dance routine when CL had asked her to accompany her to the gym. After watching CL for just a bit Sierra got up and joined CL on the treadmills as well, setting hers at a slow run since she had just exerted herself from dancing so much. Sierra was sweating but she still had so much energy in her.

“Have you heard the stories of this gym?” asked CL casually. She had just started exercising so she wasn’t even the least tired yet. CL looked at Sierra while she ran. Sierra turned to look at her confusion on her face.

“No, actually,” Sierra admitted.

“There is this ghost story that revolves around this gym, it’s actually kind of creepy, believe me, no one here want to come here alone ever.” CL sped up the treadmill a little bit. “There was this trainee girl way back then when YG first started. She really liked one of the popular trainees. It wasn’t just a simple crush, she was completely in love with him. Both of them were friends in High School and she loved him since then. She followed him here and continued loving him even though he had changed into an arrogant guy who pretended that he didn’t even know her. She wrote anonymous letters to him every day. He kept getting teased for the letters till one day he snapped. He tore all the letters and dumped them on the girl. She was so devastated that she hung herself here in the gym,” said CL.

Sierra made a face and cringed.

“That sounds awful…”

“The story doesn’t end there,” said CL.

“It doesn’t?” Sierra asked in surprise.

“He knew they were from her, if you remember. Moreover, he had all the letters with him,” said CL.

“That little jerk! He knew all along! He liked her too!” Sierra cried out.

“The day after they found her body, he hung himself in the gym as well. They said her ghost tortured him into killing himself. He couldn’t live with the guilt of having killed the person he loved.” CL brushed her hair out of her eyes.

“That is so…why are people so stupid sometimes? It is so sick and sad!” said Sierra, flailing her arms wildly.

“One night, Seungri was here on dare.” CL whispered to Sierra. “He saw a woman,”

“Really?” Sierra gasped.

“Yeah, but all honesty, it was just me waking up from a nap,” said CL with a laugh. Sierra laughed and almost fell off her treadmill. “But he ran away screaming like a banshee anyways. Daesung came to check everything out and Dara who was in the locker room when Seungri came was working out with me,” said CL.

“He must have felt like such a fool,” Sierra laughed.

“Yup,” grinned CL. “They called him ‘Banshee’ for a whole month,” CL cracked her neck. “What’s the time, by the way?”

Sierra looked down at her watch.

“Oh my goodness! It’s five thirty!” Sierra cried out. She quickly slowed her treadmill and then got off. She ran out of the gym while CL stared at her in confusion.

“What does she do at five thirty anyways?” CL asked herself. After practicing for a while more she got off the treadmill, picked up her towel and went to the locker room. She came out of the locker room with damp, open hair. She made her way down the stairs and to the swimming pool. Jungmin was teaching Ah In and Ah In was doing quite well.

“Ah In, hi!” said CL waving at her brother.

“Hi Noona!” said Ah In happily. She turned to Jungmin who was looking at her with an amused look on his face. She raised an eyebrow at him.

“I’ll just let you know that if you bail out on my little brother, no matter how busy you are or how tired you are, you will die by my hands,” CL warned him. She really didn’t know why she was warning him when she knew that he actually was very nice and would never bail on her brother. But she had to say something mean to him to keep the weird feeling in her chest at bay.

“Sierra would beat you to it. Congratulations, you get to kill…a dead body?” Jungmin raised a challenging eyebrow, the smirk still plastered on his face as her stared at her, but not really at her.

“Aish!” hissed CL. “You are the lamest person alive! And what are you staring at anyways?” CL snapped.

“Next time you get out of the locker room, Chaerin, check the mirror,” he smirked.

CL looked down at her clothes and realized her oversized shirt had slipped off one shoulder, revealing more skin than CL had ever shown in her life. CL’s eyes widened and she pulled the fabric of her shirt up onto her shoulder, blushing furiously. She turned to glare at Jungmin who was still smirking at her.

“Yah! You ert! What are you looking at?” She took off her gym shoe and threw it at him. A bad aim since he easily caught it, dived into the pool and swam to the middle of it. “Yah! Yah! Yah Park Jungmin! What are you doing? Give me my shoe!” CL shouted.

“Well,” said Jungmin, giving her a pleased look. He held his arms wide open. “Why don’t you come and get it?”

“You’re crazy! Ah In, get me my shoe!”

“Sorry Noona, hyung is a better swimmer than me,” said Ah In, regretfully.

“I’ll give it to you if you say, ‘Please give it to me, Jungmin Sunbae’,” said Jungmin firmly.

“In your dreams! Get a life! I will never do anything like that! I’d sooner burn Bom Eonni’s corn stash!” shouted CL.

“Fine then, you’re not getting it back!”

“Fine!” CL stomped out of the gym, fuming in anger, one shoe missing from her feet.

“What happened to your shoe?” Dara asked.

“It was kidnapped,” CL deadpanned.

“Kidnapped?”

“You know what Dara Eonni?” CL asked. “It’s not every day a guy takes your shoe, swims to the middle of a frigging swimming pool and holds it for ransom! I mean, which person in their right mind would do that?” CL demanded to know.

“What?” Dara laughed. “Jungmin did that? Like, he would actually do something like that?” Dara burst into a fit of giggles.

“Yep,” CL muttered, scowling. She spotted a basketball on the ground. “I’m going to kill something,” growled CL running at the basketball.

“I’ll join you!” Dara cackled from behind her.


Sierra stopped dancing and looked at Key with narrowed eyes. She walked over to her IPod and paused the music. Key turned to look at her with wide eyes. She walked up to him, briskly, while glaring at him. She stopped right in front of him, glaring up at him. Key gulped, even though Sierra was shorter than him, she had quite an intimidating glare. What had he done wrong? Did he miss a step?

“What is wrong with you today?” she asked suspiciously.

“Me?” Key stammered, pointing at himself.

“Show me your hand, Oppa,” Sierra said holding out hers.

Key blinked before hesitantly putting his right hand on her hand. Sierra narrowed her eyes at him again, glaring full on.

 “Other hand, Oppa,” she said with an authoritative tone in her voice.

Key sighed and put his left hand on her hand. She studied his fingers. Then she flipped over his hand and then pulled the large woollen band down his arm. Key hissed in pain. Sierra stared in shock at his wrist.

“What did you do to yourself?” Sierra gasped in concern.

On his wrist, right below the palm was a long, red, swollen and bloodied gash.

“Wait right here, I’ll be back, sit down,” Sierra ordered.

Key sat and waited for Sierra, she returned with a whole first aid kit. He blinked in surprise and she knelt down in front of him, taking his wrist and gently applying some disinfectant first and then an ointment and then tying a layer of bandage around his wrist.

“That should do the trick,” she said with a smile, looking up at him.

“How did you know what to get?” he asked.

“Well, my guardians wanted me to become a doctor so they forced me to go a med school. I on the other hand wanted to dance. I went for a couple of months before I couldn’t stand it anymore. I broke away from them and then joined a different university. That’s why I had to have a well-paying part time job so I could pay for my schooling.” Sierra said.

“So you have no one for you out there?” Key asked in horror.

“Well, I have my friends and now Jungmin Oppa,” said Sierra.

“You have me,” said Key.

Sierra looked up at Key with wide eyes and looked back down at her, their eyes locked. A magical attraction forming between them, the space between them lessening slowly, Key’s eyes fluttered down to look at her lips and Sierra started to close her eyes, hand tightening around his wrist. And then Key hissed in pain. Sierra jumped backwards in surprise.

“What happened?” Key asked her. “What are you thinking about? You suddenly squeezed my wrist,” he pouted childishly. Sierra turned scarlet. Had she just imagined that he was about to kiss her? She wanted to bash her head against the wall.

“Ah, nothing.” Sierra hurriedly waved her hand around, laughing nervously. “How did you get hurt?” she asked, rubbing the back of her head.

“Ah, really stupid reason actually. I threw myself against the net fence of the basketball court and my hand hit a protruding end,” said Key with a shrug.

Sierra winced.

“Ouch, why did you do that?” asked Sierra.

To see you, Key thought as he gazed at Sierra.

“Oh well, Minzy was playing with Summer and she looked cute,” said Key with a faint smile. Although Key was talking about Bom’s adorable dog, Summer, Sierra thought he was talking about Minzy. The happy look left her face.

Why? Did you like Minzy before Jiyoung took her from you? Am I chasing after a hopeless cause? Sierra thought as she gazed up into his eyes. Sierra felt her heart clench painfully and she felt her eyes sting.

“I have to go,” said Sierra. She got up, grabbed her IPod and ran out of the room.

“Sierra!” Key called.

Be frank with her and be yourself, Seohyun’s voice rang in his head.

“Sierra wait!” he ran out after her but she had disappeared.


“I’m going to die!” CL wailed, sitting down on the ground, legs stretched out with the basketball slowly moving, next to her. She looked like a little kid, one shoe missing, the bottom of her sock dirty and slightly wet.

“Hm…yeah…I have to go,” said Dara with a shrug as she looked down at her phone, tapping away on it.

“Yesung-addict…”CL muttered under her breath. Dara looked at CL sharply with half-lidded, deadly looking eyes.

“Did you say something Chaerin?”

“No Dara Eonni, why don’t you head off to wherever you have to go to-” Probably Yesung “-and I’ll go and see if I can go and get my shoe back in some way possible,” said CL with a large smile. Dara raised her eyebrows before she walked off, still staring down at her phone. She knocked straight into a pole. The very pole that Yesung had knocked into when he first met Dara. CL snickered behind her hand. “I swear, match made in heaven, those two.” CL got up from the ground, dusting her jeans off before she ran towards the gym. She got into the swimming pool area and then discovered that it was empty. Maybe he was in the locker room. She went towards the locker room and knocked. “Yah, Park Jungmin, I’m coming in,” CL slapped her hands over her eyes and pushed the door open before walking in. “I’m opening my eyes!” CL warned. She opened her eyes.

Empty.

One word. Embarrassing. Hissing under her breath she began to search the locker room, popping open lockers with her bobby pin to check if his stuff was there or if he had considerately left her shoe behind for her to find. No such luck. She growled under the breath and then almost stampeded out of the locker room, glaring holes into the ground. It then suddenly occurred to her that she was in the gym, all by herself, in the fading daylight, the place rumored to have two ghosts intent on murdering anyone who had happiness.

Instantly everything looked menacing to her. The shadows cast on the walls, the dark staircase, the dim lights above the swimming pool, the coldish breeze that swept through the open windows. Goosebumps popped up on her flesh as she hugged herself, feeling very scared and insecure. She had never been to the gym alone, she always had someone with her and telling the story to Sierra just a while ago had her extra paranoid. She continued walking till she reached the side of the pool. She walk to the door by going along the pool where there was the most light.

She clutched the hem of her shirt, feeling cold. She was so focused on her way to the door that she didn’t notice a hand slip out of the water, slowly and soundlessly. Following the hand came and entire body that silently dripped water onto the ground as the two legs quietly followed the spooked blonde. Someone tapped CL on her shoulder. CL let out a scream, spinning around, hands in front of her face. She slipped on water and fell backwards. Her wrist was caught just before she hit the water.

“You know what, watching you talk to yourself when you think you’re talking to me is highly amusing. Plus, did you hear the way you screamed. It sounded like you thought I was a ghost!” Jungmin laughed in absolute tickled manner.

CL glowered at him. “Yah! Who do you think you are? Hurry and help me up before I slip! Oh, and give me my shoe! Hurry up!” she snapped.

“Nah, I don’t think I will,” said Jungmin.

“What are you talking about?” hissed CL.

“Let’s make a deal,”

“A deal? I don’t want to make a deal with you of all people!” cried CL in distaste.

“Why don’t you give a little bit of your respect, which I don’t think is difficult, especially from such a nice person like you? Like, you should call me Oppa or Sunbae,” said Jungmin.

“How about samchon?” CL spat out.

Jungmin’s grip on her hand loosened up. CL let out a frightened shriek. “OK, OK! I’ll respect you! Sunbae, Sunbae! Please let me up, I beg of you! Sunbae!” CL was literally on panic drive. Jungmin pulled her up, using an excessive amount of force till the point CL thought he’d rip her arm out of its socket. But before CL could open to complain about it, the force of his pull made her stumble forwards and end up with her cheek against his bare chest. CL instantly jerked away, red in the face.

“Look who’s embarrassed,” Jungmin , a smirk on his face.

“Oh yeah? Just wait! I’ll get my revenge! I promise you! Now give me my shoe Jun-” CL stopped when she saw the look on Jungmin’s face. “May I please have my shoe, Sunbae?” she asked as sweetly as possible. He gave her a curt nod before turning and going to the locker room while she stood there and waited. He returned with her shoe and a new change of clothes. CL grabbed the shoe and marched out.

“Aren’t you going to put it on?” Jungmin called after her, clearly enjoying her in torment.

CL turned around a glared at him before slipping the shoe on, still glaring at him. Out of the corner of her eye she suddenly saw a shadow flicker across the walls from the staircase leading up into the gym. Her eyes widened and she looked at Jungmin in concern mixed with annoyance.

“You coming or what?” she asked him.

Jungmin laughed, picking up his bag and running over to her side and both of them walked out of the building.

“Hi Chaerin,”

“Get your arm off me!...Sunbae…”


Dara was quietly writing on her notebook. She sat on a bench, in the darkness of the YG campus. The only light that was nearby was a lamppost at a distance which shed some light on her, but not enough to write with. Even then, she was writing. She didn’t actually know what she was writing, owing up to the light factor and also the fact that in all reality she was just scribbling on her notebook while her mind was elsewhere. Suddenly a cold breeze wafted over Dara and she shivered. A sudden shadow fell on her blocking whatever light had actually been there. She looked up and all she could see was a tall, dark figure. She quickly lit up her mobile to see the person’s face.

“Oppa…” she whispered.

“Why? Why? What’s wrong with me? What flaws do I have? I’ll change them!” he sounded so utterly pained that Dara’s heart clenched painfully and tears filled her eyes.

“No, no, no. It’s not you Oppa, don’t say that, it’s me. I’m the one who has faults. I don’t deserve someone as perfect as you,” said Dara with tears falling out of her filled, large eyes.

“Sandara Park, you are the silliest person I have ever met. You are beautiful, smart and fun. You’re crazy, you’re 4D, and you’re all kinds of weird. But I love you for all of it. I love you Dara,” he said with a sincere smile. “Please just let me love you Dara…”

Dara looked up at him with trusting eyes.

She slowly nodded.

Yesung smiled, cupped her face and drew her into a gentle kiss.


A/N - Sooooo, hello my dearest subscribers...it's been a while...Please don't hate me! Author-nim is back with an embarrassingly short chapter I have the craziest and busiest life ever. Want to know how to achieve such a life? Join IBDP. I think I should go write my will or something...**sigh** But anyways, did you see CL so concerned that Jungmin would get attacked by the ghost? **author-nim cackled evilly**. How many of you thought Jungmin or Yesung was the ghost? Hehehe...I creeped my younger sister out. So, the next update will be up...sooner or later...hehehe...I guess I'll leave now...

If any of you like Baekyeol psychological thrillers I'll shamelessly advertise my fic here: Identity Crisis

Anyways have some cute, cute Jungminnie! 

Subscribe and Comment (as usual, but then your comments make me feel happy. All the more reason to update!)

Carrots and Horses~