Playing At Night

It Was Just An Accident

CL was laughing as she headed to YG campus to meet Dara. Seungri had almost, conveniently murdered himself by choking on a peanut from the choco fudge nut ice cream she had ordered. It was his fault, really. She was passing by the 2ne1 practice room when she froze and stopped on the already clean ice cream spoon. She heard music. She spun around and saw two figures dashing off into the darkness. After squinting pointlessly for a minute she shrugged and turned around. She saw an extremely tall, well built figure coming her way. He came into the light and she gasped. It was Jungmin and his hair was wet.

“Hi!” she squeaked in the lamest manner ever.

“Hi, have you seen Sierra?” he asked.

It took her a moment to frame a coherent answer.

“No, have you seen Dara?” she asked back.

“Yeah, she was talking to Yesung,” said Jungmin pointing backwards at the inky blackness he had left behind.

“OK, yeah, well, I got to go.” She said and quickly hurried in the direction Jungmin had pointed. YG needed more light honestly! Dara was sitting on a bench in faint light waiting for her. She was playing with the light patterns on her phone.

“Hey Chaerin.” Said Dara stading up.

“Hey,” said CL. Dara wrapped her arm around CL’s shoulders. “You know, Seungri came back from his Japanese promotions when we were at Min’s?”

“No. How is he?” asked Dara.

“Fine, although he was surprised to find out about Sierra,” said CL laughing.

“I can imagine that.” Grinned Dara.

“Does Sierra have work we don’t know about? Or did she have to meet someone? I can’t imagine who, unless…..Jungmin….” said CL.

“I suppose except for the fact horse boy didn’t look like he had met up with Sierra, he looked like he had been swimming,” said Dara.

“I know what you mean. I knocked into him myself and he asked me where Sierra was. So how was your date with Yesung?” asked CL.

“Date?” asked Dara with a laugh. “He just called me for a party with a bunch of his friends, not all of them were Super Junior members, oh and his friends’ girlfriends were kind of there too, they didn’t circulate much. We both are just friends,” said Dara, very seriously.

“Then what’s with all this murmuring about Yesung begging you to date him or something?” asked CL as she blew her hair out of her eyes.

Dara laughed again.

“You’ve got the facts all in the wrong order. What actually happened was that Eunhyuk – of Super Junior, yes the very one – begged the dancing star – what is her real name again? Right – Baek Ra Chu to date him.” Dara clarified.

“Oh, and what did she say?”

 “Yes,” Dara answered.  She paused and gazed off into the distance. “What’s been going on between Key and Sierra? I’ve been noticing something for quite a while” she added.

“What do you mean?” CL asked, not understanding why there was a sudden change in topic.

“Over there,” said Dara. Key and Sierra were playing basketball. They were laughing at each other and Sierra was fabulously an equal match to Key’s basketball skills. Suddenly Seungri ran over.

“Hey guys can I join?” he asked.

“I think Seungri is interested in Sierra, which is not a surprise because she is fascinating. I also think he asked Key for a little help in the matchmaking,” said CL.

“Maybe, but something different going on over there,” said Dara. “Whatever it is, Jungmin definitely does not approve of it.” She added as Jungmin ran over almost red in the face. He grabbed her wrist and dragged the protesting Sierra away.

“Hyung!” called Key.


“What?” Sierra yelled as soon as Jungmin let go of her wrist.

“You cannot get that close to guys.” Jungmin graciously informed her.

“What?” exclaimed Sierra in exasperation. “I’m eighteen Oppa, I can take care of myself, without you hawking over me every hour of the day.” She told him pointedly. “We were just going to play an honest game of basketball! What do you have against me hanging out with guys?” she asked.

Jungmin desperately searched for an answer that wouldn’t make him sound like an obsessed adopted older brother that suspected every single guy for wrong motives.

“Because I don’t like guys other than me getting close to you. It really gets on my nerves.” Jungmin snapped..

“Why?” Sierra hissed.

Again faced with the same rotten problem. He didn’t want to sound like a psychopath that worried for his dongsaeng like no other.

“Maybe because I think I like you,” said Jungmin in rash fury. He didn’t think or filter anything before he said that and both of them knew what he said wasn’t true. A smile spread across Sierra’s face as if she finally understood her Oppa’s crazy antics and weird impulses.

“You like someone, I know that you do, but we both know that it’s not me.” She said patting his cheek like she was a mother hen. “Come on, if you’re so worried about me playing basketball with guys why don’t you come and play with me?” she asked. She grabbed his hand and led him back to the basketball court where Key and Seungri were standing and having a light conversation about SM’s new boy group called EXO Planet or something. Key looked up and smiled at Sierra and she smiled back at him brightly like they shared some kind of creepy telepathy.


“Oh! They’re coming back!” said Dara in surprise.

“They are,” said CL equally surprised. Nobody expected Jungmin to allow Sierra to drag him back.

“Chaerin Eonni! Dara Eonni! Come and play with us!” said Sierra waving her hand around once she had spotted them. Instead of feeling nauseous by the fact she was being invited to play with Park Jung Min, CL felt game.

“Care for a game Chaerin?” asked Dara.

“You bet,” grinned CL. Both of the girls ran over to the basketball court which was lit up with several lights unlike some places of YG. Dara hugged Seungri.

“When did you get back?” she asked the panda boy.

“Uh, around five o’ clock?” said Seungri.

“How about playing questions?” asked Sierra.

“What’s questions?” Key asked.

“Come on! You honestly don’t know what questions is?” asked CL. All three perplexed boys shook their heads while staring at her as if asking for an explanation.

“These three have never gone to midnight High School parties,” sighed Sierra shaking her head in almost disappointment.

“You throw the ball at anyone, absolutely any one and then you get to ask that person a question and they have to tell the truth,” said Dara.

“OK,” said Jungmin. He picked up the ball and hurriedly tossed it at Sierra. “Your first crush, not love, crush,” said Jungmin.

“A boy named Ben at my old school in USA.” Sierra answered without hesitation. “He was from Cambodia, I think and he was adopted.” She threw the ball at Dara who caught it easily. “Dara Eonni, do you have feelings for Yesung Sunbae?” asked Sierra. Dara blushed a deep red and ever her ears turned red.

“Yes,” she said.

“Oh!” Everyone wolf whistled.

“I knew it!” laughed CL. Still red and trying to calm herself down, Dara threw the ball at the unexpecting CL. CL caught it.

“Do you think you might like a guy right now?” asked Dara as if she was asking CL if she had eaten lunch. CL dribbled the ball for a bit.

“No,” CL answered. She tossed the ball at Seungri who was examining his nails and muttering something about crappy manicures. The ball hit him square in the stomach. “Are you interested in Sierra? – Serves you right, stop whining and pay attention to the game.” Said CL.

Wincing Seungri stayed silent for a moment before answering guardedly.

“Possibly,” he said.

“That’s a yes,” said CL. Jungmin glared at Seungri with a look that said ‘I-got-my-eyes-on-you-panda-boy-don’t-try-anything-funny-or-you’re-dead-meat’. Seungri swallowed hard, very much intimidated by Jungmin’s threatening glare. He tossed the ball at Sierra.

“After Jungmin which male do you have feelings for?” he asked.

“Kyu Jong.” Sierra answered with a shrug. “This game is too easy,”

“What? No!” yelled Jungmin.

“Sorry Oppa,” smiled Sierra not-so-apologetically. “But Kyu Jong Oppa has claimed the centre of my heart because he is the centre of SS501,” Sierra’s smile turned into a grin. She tossed the ball at Key.

“Name your first kiss,” she said.

“Kim Hee Young,” said Key. “My girlfriend in tenth grade.”

“Heol~, he’s a playboy!” said Sierra dramatically.

“What time is it?” asked CL all of a sudden.

“It’s not your turn yet!” Everyone snapped at her thinking she was just being generally nosy like she usually was but then her question dawned on them slowly. Everyone abruptly turned and ran to the YG campus gate, chanting silent prayers that it would be open.


A/N - I am back!!!!!! After such a long time! I know my subscribers are probably crying in relief. I am soooo sorry. First of all, my computer died on me. It was the worst thing ever. Second, I had my tenth grade boards which are essential for an Indian. If I don't pass in Hindi I'm screwed because I at Hindi. But, It's so fitting that I update today because today is Jungmin's birthday! Halleluiah!!! Thank you for not killing me because I did not update! I feel like my sister......sorry! Hope you love this chapter! Comment and Subscribe!