Confusions Cleared

It Was Just An Accident

Jungmin ran out of the gym, his hair still soaking wet from having a shower and he searched the campus for sight of Key. He knew he had to apologize to the kid for having yelled at him unreasonably. Sierra wasn’t even his real sister; he didn’t have power like that. He finally spotted Key sitting at a table with Jiyoung, Taeyang and Minho. They were eating subway sandwiches and drinking coke. Jungmin walked forwards when he caught a sliver of their conversation. He froze and then frowned.

“Yah, what’s with you Key? Usually you’re wolfing down your subway sandwiches like there’s no tomorrow. What happened?” Jiyoung asked with a look of concern on his face. Key was moodily pushing the straw of his coke around.

“He’s been like this since yesterday. I haven’t been able to get a single word from him at all.” Minho sighed and then took a large bite of his sub. Key sipped the coke from his straw dully and then Jungmin felt guilt eat away at him. He walked forwards till he stopped right in front of their table.

“Hi…uh…Key, I was wondering if I could talk to you…” Jungmin mumbled. Key blinked up at him in utter shock. “Uh…alone…” Key nodded and then got up. He followed Jungmin till they were out of the hearing range of the other three. “I’m not used to this…” Jungmin said awkwardly. “I almost never admit my own fault; ask the SS501 members, it’s true. But I really hate seeing Sierra like that. I’m sorry I lost my temper that day. I went too far.” Jungmin said softly. Key stared at him. Unnerved by the stare, Jungmin looked away. “What I’m trying to say is, Sierra is a very important person in my life and I definitely don’t want to see her hurt. Can I put my trust in you?”

Key seemed to be finally catching onto the situation and he nodded frantically.

“Well then, I guess I had better tell Sierra that her crush passed the boyfriend screening.” Jungmin turned away, but not before ruffling Key’s hair fondly. Jungmin headed towards the dorm. He had known Key since the kid had debuted. He had been the shyest and most awkward little kid when he had met the SS501 members, the legends of the Kpop industry at the time. He couldn’t believe that he actually thought that the kid could ever possible hurt Sierra, aside from the fact that he was a brat.

He arrived at the dorm and knocked on the door. Dara opened the door, a large smile on her face before it faded as she realized that it was Jungmin. She sighed and rubbed her forehead and then spoke before Jungmin could open his mouth.

“Hey Jungmin, I don’t know if it is a good time right now. I really doubt Sierra wants to see you, she hasn’t been eating at all and she won’t leave her room.” Dara said apologetically, patting the side of Jungmin’s face affectionately.

“I have to talk to her.” Jungmin said desperately.

“I know you’re her self-proclaimed brother and all that, but we’re her self-proclaimed sisters and it’s our duty to protect her and all that. But you made her cry and I’ll have to take a stand here to protect her.” Dara seriously looked into Jungmin’s eyes.

“I promise to have her smiling by the time I’m out, I promise.”

Dara took in a deep breath and then opened the door wide for him.

“Come on in” Dara said. Jungmin walked in and went to Sierra’s room. He knocked on the door. There was no answer. He knocked again and then heard a faint and muffled ‘come in’. He pushed open the door and walked in. Sierra pulled herself off the bed and then blinked when she saw Jungmin. She looked down at her hands instantly, but Jungmin clearly saw her puffed up eyes and tear streaked face. Guilt ate away at him once again and he walked over to her bed and then sat down next to her. Both of them sat there in silence for a bit.

“How long have you been meeting him there?” Jungmin whispered.

“Day one,” Sierra mumbled.

“Why did you keep meeting him there?” Jungmin asked her.

“I was giving him dance lessons at first and then I ended up falling in love with him…” Sierra said, her voice wavering and Jungmin could tell that she was on the verge of crying because she was rubbing her nose.

“Sierra?” Jungmin asked her softly.

“Hm?” Sierra asked, looking up at him, her eyes bright with unshed tears.

“I don’t trust people because I was betrayed.” Jungmin whispered, reaching for her hand and holding it. Sierra blinked and then an understanding came on her face. “I was going to rot away like we were, but then that idiot blond that stays here came to me and knocked sense into me. I never understood that I had pushed my fears onto you until she came and yelled her head off at me. I’m relieved that you have someone like Chaerin by your side.”

Sierra’s eyes widened in realization.

“Then Dara herself blocked me at the door telling me that she was supposed to protect you. I’m glad you have people like that around you to protect you, instead of just me, a person with non sense who can never admit to his own feelings. But coming to YG and meeting you are really changing me. I am becoming a kinder person.” Jungmin smiled.

Chaerin is the one who is helping me the most and I know that she knows it as well.

“You really love him, huh?” Jungmin asked her.

Sierra nodded.

“I can’t believe that I acted so blindly. I know that Key is not that kind of person, but I really didn’t know what to do. I wanted to keep you all to myself, my sister, my adviser, my loyal friend. But I realize know that I can do that to you.” Jungmin sighed and took at deep breath.

“Oppa…” Sierra whispered.

“Sierra dongsaeng, I’m sorry, I was wrong. I hope you can forgive me.” Jungmin said, bowing his head.

I’m maturing and growing little by little.

Sierra was crying.

“I forgive you Oppa, I forgive you.”

Jungmin looked up at her.

“You know have my permission to date Key, not that you needed it before, but still.” Jungmin smiled and wiped her tears. “Now stop crying. Why are you crying anyways?” he asked softly.

“Oppa…you’re becoming a better person.” Sierra cried.

“I guess I’ll be going then,” Jungmin smiled and then got up before walking out of her room. He saw CL standing by the fridge looking at him. Jungmin felt his heart swell with emotion and he smiled brightly at her. CL’s eyes widened and her face turned red before she stuck her head into the open freezer. Chuckling, Jungmin walked out of the dorm.

She’s so cute. Wait, what? What am I thinking? Park Jungmin, you should just go and jump off a cliff!

Jungmin saw Key standing there outside the dorm and walked over to him.

“Waiting for Sierra?” Jungmin asked Key.

Key nodded, beaming brightly. They waited there for a while in silence. Then Jungmin turned to Key and then rapped the side of Key’s head with his knuckles. Key turned to look at him in surprise. Jungmin grinned at him.

“You guys make pretty good juniors you know. SHINee could be called the second SS501!”

Key stared in shock.

“No way, hyung! We could never compare to you guys. You guys were the legends!”

Sierra ran out of the dorm. She had definitely quickly showered and had come out. Key smiled brightly. She ran over to him and then stopped in front of him, shyly looking up at Key. Key grinned and took her hand, interlacing their fingers together.

“I never got to ask you this properly. Would you be my girlfriend, Sierra?” he asked.

Sierra nodded. He bent down and pecked her on the lips. Jungmin groaned and slapped his hand over his eyes.

“Come on you guys, don’t do this in front of me!” Jungmin whined.

“Then you should get a girlfriend for yourself, Oppa!” Sierra chuckled at him teasingly.

Instantly an image of CL’s smiling face popped into his head. Jungmin shook his head and lowered his hand, pouting at Sierra.

“Yah! I’ll get one for myself when I feel like it,” Jungmin huffed. He turned to Key. “Feed her, she hasn’t eaten for a while,”

Key nodded, holding Sierra’s hand the two of them ran off.

Jungmin sighed as he watched them. He observed Sierra’s happy smile.

Thank you, Chaerin.

------o------

Both Key and Sierra went down the path to Min’s. Min watched the two of them with a knowing smile. Both of them waved at her and then took their seats, still holding hands. Min burst out laughing. She smiled brightly.

“You both got together, about time!” Min said. “I know exactly what I’m going to give you guys, don’t worry.” Min began pulling out everything that she needed for whatever she was giving them. Sierra and Key watched her in interest. Finally an itchy Sierra spoke up.

“Min Eonni, what are you giving us?” Sierra asked.

“My couple special,” Min answered.

“Oh…” Key and Sierra said at the same time.

“Did Jungmin cause any trouble? We all know how protective he is of you, Sierra,” Min began mixing things together.

“You think?” Sierra rolled her eyes.

“He forbade the both of us to see each other after he exploded and then Sierra locked herself in her room. Whatever got him to change his mind, I’ll never know,” Key shook his head.

Sierra smiled softly. “I have a vague idea about who it was that changed his mind,” Sierra said. A certain Lee Chaerin changed his mind and if he doesn’t realize that he’s listening to her when he listens to no one else, then he truly is an idiot.

“It doesn’t matter,” Key said, kissing Sierra’s cheek. They heard a sudden shriek and then they turned. A spastic Minzy and overly excited Dara were running down the path, pointing wildly at Key and Sierra.

“Here comes trouble,” Min chuckled.

“You! You both…you both are dating?” Dara cried.

Key nodded.

“So that’s what all that fuss was about!” Dara said in realization.

“I thought you guys might possibly together after I stumbled upon you guys at the beach.” Minzy pushed her hair back.

“Something happened at the beach?” Dara shrieked at Minzy and grabbed her shoulder, shaking her back and forth. “Tell me! Tell me what happened!”

“It’s none of your business, noona,” Key snapped.

“Sorry,” Minzy and Dara said at the same time.

“Here’s your order,” Min put the couple special in front of them.

“Thank you, Eonni,” Sierra said before taking a bite and then melting in utter delight at the taste. Key took a bite too and hummed in pleasure.

“So…how’d you guys fall in love with each other?” Minzy took a seat next to Key and asked for a normal frappe. Key chuckled and then gazed at Sierra who looked at him expectantly. Key finished chewing and then answered the question.

“I fell in love with her from the very first moment that I saw her,” Key said. Sierra’s eyes widened in surprise and red spread across her face.

“So that means I fell in love with you because you were in love with me?” Sierra softly asked.

“Doesn’t that mean that you fell in love with her looks?” Minzy asked.

“Nah, I hadn’t even seen her face. I fell in love with Sierra.” Key grinned at Sierra and she beamed back in realization.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Minzy asked Key.

“When he first met me, I was dancing.” Sierra explained to Minzy, Dara and Min.

“Ah…now it makes sense.” Dara let out a coo of understanding and Minzy nodded.

Sierra finished up her food and then looked at her watch.

“I think that we should head back.”

------o------

“Where is everyone?” Rachu asked looking around. “Where is Key, isn’t he supposed to be here? I have to tell him about the dance changes. Minho would do too because he’s here as well.”

“Key’s on a date,” Jaeri said, not looking up even once from her phone.

“With who?” Rachu exclaimed after a moment of shocked silence where she looked back and forth at the least bothered Seohyun and Jaeri for confirmation.

“Sierra,” Seohyun said with a shrug.

“What?” Rachu cried in horror.

“Yup,” Jaeri and Seohyun said at the same time.

“You guys are so kidding me! Yah! Today isn’t April Fool’s Day!” Rachu cried.

“Then what on earth is that?” Jaeri asked Rachu pointing at Key and Sierra who were walking their way, holding hands, talking and laughing. Rachu’s jaw dropped.

“Oh my God! Sierra must hate me!” Rachu finally spoke her fears.

“She does not!” Jaeri and Seohyun said hurriedly. “She understands,” Jaeri tried to explain to Rachu. Both Seohyun and Jaeri knew that Rachu tended to let her head get ahead of her and think up all of the worst case scenarios.

“I’ll go and ask her for forgiveness!” Rachu said before running off in the direction of Key and Sierra. Jaeri almost face palmed herself.

“Rachu wait!” Seohyun and Jaeri called.

“Oh, hi Rachu!” Sierra said brightly.

“Mianhaeyo Sierra, I didn’t mean to hurt you on the day that I was teasing Jaeri!” Rachu did a ninety degree bow and Sierra’s eyes widened in surprise.

“Rachu ah! Don’t do that! It’s already been forgiven and forgotten.” Sierra said hurriedly. Rachu straightened up. “Whoo, that was shocking, no one has ever done that to me,” Sierra said with a grin.

“How have Seohyun and Kyuhyun been doing?” Key asked Rachu.

“She hasn’t spoken to him at all yet. She’s still trying to avoid him…” Rachu sighed. “SM’s trying to put them into a song together, they think that Seohyun and Kyuhyun are still dating, they’re hoping by putting them together more, the fans will love their couple more and therefore there will be less of a backlash when the fans find out.”

“Eh, wait. The President still thinks that they are dating?” Key asked in astonishment. Rachu nodded and Key rubbed his forehead. “Oh God…”

“Hey guys!” Seohyun and Jaeri walked over to them.

“Hi!” Key and Sierra greeted excitedly at the same time. They chatted for a while when a sudden idea popped into Seohyun’s mind.

“Hey, let’s go and have a party at Rachu’s house, she has a whole club arrangement at her house!” Seohyun said.

“Yes! Let’s go!” Sierra said.

“I think I’ll feel better if someone older than us comes along…” Key said slowly.

“Ah…OK…” Sierra said, catching onto Key’s meaning. She looked around and then spotted Jungmin struggling to pull apart a sweet that had melted all over his chocolate. “Oppa! We’re going to have a party, do you want to come?” Sierra asked Jungmin. Jungmin blinked and then looked at Key. Well, he still needed to chaperon the two of them.

“I’ll come,” he said and walked towards them.

“Chaerin Eonni!” Seohyun waved at CL who she had just spotted. “We’re having a party, do you want to come over?” she asked. Sierra felt her evil dongsaeng mode kick in and the urge to pair Jungmin and CL came over her once again. She waved at CL as well.

“Eonni! Please come with us!” Sierra gave her those puppy eyes and pouted. CL eyed Sierra for a bit before finally giving in.

“Alright, I’ll come but only to make sure that you don’t dink any alcohol, Sierra.” CL said.

“And I think that would be my job!” Jungmin hissed and CL.

“Oh yeah? And who’s going to trust you. You’ll probably get drunk and wiped out in no time.” CL scoffed at Jungmin.

“Let’s just go!” said Sierra impatiently.

------o------

They arrived at Rachu’s house and went down to the basement and she explained to all of them that the basement was sound proof. She the party lights and then music, then she went to go get the snacks and drinks. Jungmin hovered over Sierra like some sort of bird of prey forbidding her to touch anything other than the lemonade, soda and water. Everyone was sorting through the snacks when Sierra began dancing by herself. Jungmin cheered for her when a sudden thought came to Sierra’s mind. She stopped the music and plugged in her IPod. She stretched her hand out to Key.

“Oppa! Our dance routine!” She said excitedly.  Key nervously and awkwardly sat there and then Sierra pouted at Key. “Please, Oppa?” she asked softly.

“Alright then…” Key said. He took her and Sierra played the song. Jungmin smiled as he remembered having listened to it earlier. Christina Perri’s ‘Jar of Hearts’. Last time he had come to see the ending if the dance, now he would see the actual thing. He watched Sierra and Key dance with so much energy  and emotion, the flow of their dance going perfectly with the song and the fluidity of their movements had him wondering if they actually had bones or not. When they stopped Jungmin recognized the step that had blew the fuse for him. Key pulled Sierra close and smiled down at her, their eyes sparkling in happiness.

Everyone burst into cheers and CL was jumping up and down chanting their name like it was a fan chant in a concert hall.

“You guys are really good dancers!” Jaeri said clapping her hands.

“It makes sense, you know, why Key fell in love with Sierra.” Rachu said softly. Jungmin couldn’t agree more. It made a lot of sense. But why did he always fall in love with people that made their relationship seem nonsensical?

“To Sierra and Key!” CL raised her glass. Sierra reached for her lemonade, they all clinked glasses and then drank.

Soon enough CL, Key, Rachu and Seohyun were all drunk. Sierra, Jungmin and Jaeri ran around all over the place trying to restrain things and make sure that they didn’t break things.

“Oppa, please sit down,” Sierra said, trying to make Key sit.

“But I don’t want to sit, I want to dance, come and dance with me, Sierra!” Key pouted.

“A childish drunk…I should have known…” Sierra muttered to herself. “Oppa, you are drunk. You will fall down if you are drunk.” Sierra said as if she was talking to a child.

“But I have fallen,” Key flashed her a foolish smile. “I have fallen in love with you!” he sang.

“OK, I know that already. Let’s return to YG, now shall we?” she asked in the same baby-talking voice.

“No!” He whined like a little kid throwing a tantrum. “First you have to kiss me!” he said with a pout.

“Oppa, you are drunk and not thinking coherently. Besides that, I’m pretty sure that you taste like alcohol, I do not want to kiss you!” Sierra snapped. Key swooped down to kiss her and she quickly side stepped, wincing as she watched him crash onto the ground. “I told you that you would fall…” she sighed.

Jaeri had put Rachu to bed. Then she came out to help Seohyun.

“Yah! Lee Chaerin, stop that this instant!” Jungmin shouted.

“What?” CL shouted back.

“Stop trying to dance on that stool! If you fall down and break your nose, I don’t want to be responsible for it!” Jungmin snapped.

CL made a sad face and looked down at Jungmin.

“Do you not like me, Jungmin Oppa?” she bit her lip with teary eyes. Jungmin’s face went completely red. Did CL just call him: Oppa? And why did she look so undeniably cute out of the blue?

“Y-yah! Who said that? Of course I like you! J-just get down from that stool!” Jungmin said, extremely flustered.

“I don’t want to!” CL went back to screaming. Jungmin sighed. He grabbed CL and threw her over his shoulder. “Yah! Put me down!” CL screamed, kicking and pounding her fists against his back. Jungmin struggled to keep her in place.

“Yah! Stay still! And why are you so heavy? How much do you eat, you stupid blond?” Jungmin snapped. CL instantly became still. Sierra was trying to drag Key on her back.

“I’ll take Seohyun back to SM, Key can stay at YG tonight, right?” Jaeri asked.

“Yeah, sure…” Sierra said with a grimace. “Oppa, can you take Key? I bet CL is lighter than him,” Sierra said.

“I honestly doubt that, but here, take Chaerin.” Jungmin gave CL to Sierra and Jungmin shouldered Key. “I’ll see to it that Key sleeps in Taeyang’s room.” Jungmin shifted Key on his back. They went to CL’s car and Jungmin dug the Key out of her pocket and tried to open the door. “Ah…I can’t Key is blocking my arm.”

“Here, I’ll do that.” Sierra took the keys. Jungmin waited and then noticed the way the street light fell on CL’s sleeping face. Jungmin’s breath hitched in his throat. Even the shadows cast on her face made her look beautiful.

When did the stupid blonde get so pretty?

Sierra unlocked the door and they drove to the dorms. As Sierra shouldered CL onto her back to carry her into the dorm, Jungmin found himself brushing CL’s hair behind her ear.

“Uh, Oppa, what are you doing?” Sierra asked slyly.

“Ah, nothing,” Jungmin quickly pulled his hand away.

“Goodnight Oppa,” Sierra said.

“Goodnight Sierra.” Jungmin said back.

Jungmin watched Sierra drag CL towards the dorm.

Goodnight Chaerin…

------o------


A/N - I am back. I am so sorry guys for the late update. I rushed myself these past two days to try and type up this chapter despite the fact that I had two different IAs to type up, thank you so much for your patience you guys! So you guys got to see things through Jungmin's eyes a lot for a change. Also Rachu is my best Kpop buddy. She is delusional like the Rachu in the fan fic but she really is the best! Last but not least, I know this is late but this chapter is dedicated to wildfantasy. Happy Birthday! It's because it was her birthday that I quickly tried to finish up this chapter as soon as possible!

Happy Birthday, once again! And Jungmin is here to love you all!

Carrots and Horses~