3 Of Us

And You Thought One Lie Couldn't Hurt

 Chapter Nine



..::Yoobin's POV::..


My feet worked faster and faster to get home. So this is it, huh? It's safe to say my life is going no where. When I thought Jessica was my friend, she stabs me in the back. Jay, you came back to me, figured Jessica's evil plans out. What happened?

"Hey Yoobin!" Soo Young stopped in front of me and smiled "I heard that it was just a rumor that you were...Well, you know. I'm really sorry someone would actually spread a rumor like that." Yeah, I'm really sorry too.

"It's..." I was about to snap on Soo Young but she really doesn't deserve it, she didn't know any better. "No problem, and thanks Soo Young, you're so sweet." I smiled, and then it hit me.

"Wait, who told you that?! Who told you the rumor isn't true?!"

"Jessica did, she said that the seniors at some other school decided to trick her or something. But no biggie, you're okay now so-" Before she could finish, I ran over to the classroom again. They were taking a break so I barged in and saw Jessica wave to me and smile. Bitc.h please...

"Oh, Yoobin!" Before I could go over and try to talk some sense into Jessica, Taecyeon stopped me and I felt my heart speed up. His perfect and sharp facial features, his skin that shines brightly under any kind of light, the man I fell for...

"...Hey..." I squeaked out and smiled widely. 

"I heard that..." He scratched the back of his head and blushed "The thing about you wasn't true. I'm really sorry I believed it." Then he did something a bit unexpected. He bent down onto the floor and bowed. "I'm really sorry! I was stupid!" 

Everybody stared at us and I felt panicked. This is so sweet!...But unnecessary! They'll think I'm some jerk that beat him up! 

"Taecyeon, it's fine!" But he wouldn't get up and I couldn't help but giggle. "You idiot, get up Taec!" He finally got up and smiled like a doofus. Oh Taec, that's why I fell hard for you.

"We're friends now right? I really am sorry. If you want me to bow again-"

I lightly hit him in the shoulder and smiled "What does this smile tell you?" 

He grinned with his toothy self and high fived me "Best friends baby!"

"Want to go eat lun-"

"Hey guys!" Jessica walked over and my smile slowly faded away as I saw her walking over with her plastic face. "What's up?"

"Nothing, we were going to go eat lunch, want to go?" Taecyeon offered. Oh Taec, the things you don't know about this devil women...

In the girl world, you have to be sneaky when you want revenge. At one point, I was thinking about tearing Jessica's face apart but that wouldn't fix anything. Jessica's a girl that I can't lay one finger on or I'll be back to square one. What good will it do if I hit Jessica and then have everybody hate me? Even if I tried to tell everybody it was Jessica that tried to ruin my life, NOT some seniors from some other school, they wouldn't believe me. 

And what about you Jaebum? Park Jaebum, what the fuc.k is going on in that little head of yours?

"Sure." Jessica tugged on Jay's arm and started to walk towards the cafeteria. 

Taecyeon and I walked over with them and we all sat down with the rest of the crew. We all went our separate ways, boys going with boys, girls going with girls. I sat down and saw everybody yell greetings to me. 

"Yoobin, we're so sorry!" Some of them even started to tear up a little. As much as I wanted to hate them, I didn't blame them. I would have probably believed something that was spread around and encouraged too.

"It's okay guys, really." I smiled and realized how lucky I am. But why did Jessica do it...? Doesn't she want to ruin me?

"So you and Jay?!" Yuri started jumping in her seat while shaking Jessica up and down for answers.

"Yup! It's been 2 class period already!" She was just oozing with happiness.

Someone ask her who asked who out, NOW.

"So did he ask you out?!" Thank you Yoona.

"Yeah! He had the lights reflecting nicely in his eyes and I could smell his cologne!" The girls went wild and started to congratulate her. Having people date within the 20/20...Blackjack group is rare because we're close like siblings almost. 

"I'll be right back guys." I smiled and left the table to go over to greet the others. I saw the guys tensing up as I walked over and sat down. They all avoided my eyes and Nichkhun even started tearing up. What's he crying for?

"Nichkhun, what's wrong?" I said and immediately, he grabbed my hands and pushed his face towards mine. For a second, I thought he was trying to kiss me but he was just staring into my eyes like a lost puppy. "I'M SO SORRY!" He shouted and sobbed to his self while the others couldn't bring up the courage to say anything.

"Oh guys, come on, it's Yoobin!" Taecyeon smiled and ruffled up my hair. Normally, I hate people touching my hair but Taecyeon's an exception...And Jay was.

"...Sorry Yoobin." Junho hung his head in shame and peeked at me every once and a while.

"Guys, it's not an issue! I would have believed it too!" They all slowly raised their heads and smiled. All except for one.

"Well, I got to go back, so I'll see you guys later!" They all waved, minus one, and Jay and I had a second worth of eye contact. 

That'll probably be the last time he'll look me in the eye.

Jay, what's going on? Talk to me, look at me. Did Jessica say something? Is it something I should know about?

"Oh my god, sorry!" All the sudden, there was ketchup all over my sweater. The girl that bumped into me looked up and her eyes enlarged ten fold. "OH MY...I AM SO SO SO SORRY!"

I chuckled "It's really no problem! Don't worry about it!" 

"PLEASE FORGIVE ME!" She was basically crying now and I patted her head reassuring her the world isn't going to end. "It's really alright, I'll just go wash it out."

"Thank you!" She bowed 90 degrees and I ran off to the bathroom. Man, what's with everybody begging me for forgiveness?

When I walked into the bathroom, I saw Jessica fixing her make up. I played it cool and just went over to the sink without saying anything smart.

"Talk to Jay yet?" I stopped washing my shirt and looked over to her smirking at me. 

"No, why?" I smiled and she scoffed. "Oh please, I know you're devastated."

"What are you talking about?" I decided to act dumb to see if she would spill what's really going on. Jay wouldn't just stop talking to me like this. "We even made plans after school." She crinkled her eyebrows together.

"That little jerk..."

"Oh, it's nothing like that, we're just going to hang out." Why was Jay going out with Jessica? Going out with your best friend's enemy? Real cool Jay...

"Well, you won't be soon..." She walked out and I just decided I'll wash my shirt when I get home. Good thing I have a shirt underneath, or I would have been in trouble! But before I went back, I decided to wash the shirt as much as I can, just so the stain would come out easier when I got home. 

I put it under the running water and turned it off after a couple of minutes. But when I looked down, I noticed the shirt getting wetter. I was crying. I looked up to the mirror and saw my eyes all red and puffy, tears sliding down my cheeks. Why am I crying? 

Suddenly, my phone vibrated and I took it out. It read '1 new message from OKay Taec!'. I opened it and read the message.

'Hey Yoobin! Let's hang out after school? The whole crew! You, me, and Jay can even run away from the group ke ke ke~' Without replying, I turned it off and sighed.

Yeah right, you, me and Jay? My future boyfriend, me, and my used to be best friend?

I wiped my tears and ran out of the bathroom and bumped into Tiffany. She looked at me with stern eyes and dragged me back into the bathroom. Suddenly, my body was in panic mode. What the hell is going on?!

"Kim Yoobin," She said and closed me in into a corner "We need to talk."

--