'Friends'

And You Thought One Lie Couldn't Hurt

 Chapter Eleven



..::Yoobin's POV::..

"Hello?" I answered the phone and was super excited to hear Taecyeon's voice. As much as I hoped it was Jaebum, shouldn't I just move on with my life?

Yesterday, I decided I would fight for him but I'm losing energy. I don't want to chase after something I can't have. But what kind of a friend would that make me? I don't even know what to do anymore...

"Hey Yoobin. Are you free tonight?" It was a Saturday and Sunny already told me that she heard from Jo Kwon that Taecyeon is going to surprise me during the weekend but she wouldn't tell me what it was! Oh yeah, her and Jo Kwon, they're a thing now. I just found out yesterday and they are the cutest thing ever!

"Of course!" Trying not to sound too excited, he might think I'm freaking out over here.

"Great, I'll pick you up at 7 tonight. Don't dress too formal, I just wanted to take a walk with you at the beach."

"Alright, sounds great!" After I shut the phone, I instantly reached for the speed dial number 1 but paused. That's right, Jaebum wouldn't pick up anyway. I would always tell him when Taecyeon made moves on me, he would always listen to me and give me advice when I needed it. 

Nothing better, nothing better, then you... My phone rung and my my eyes grew wide. That's the special ringtone that only rings when Jay's calling...I looked at the screen and saw 'Jayby' written on the screen. I clutched onto it harder and answered.

"...Hello?"

"Ewww, why does he have you as his speed dial number 1?" Jessica...

I sighed in disappointment "What do you want?"

"Just checking who 'Yoo the best' is...You guys are so corny." She scoffed and I rolled my eyes. 

"Well if that's all, BYE." 

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait one second." 

"What do you want now?"

"I know you're hanging out with Taecyeon today, I heard from Junho already. I can't believe you would even accept to hang out with him when you know I like him!" 

"Excuse me?!" I screamed into the phone and all the anger that was bottled inside me rushed out "You're going out with Jay and you don't even like him, explain that!"

"...You like Jay?!" She's so stupid... "No, that's not what I meant! What I mean is that it doesn't matter that you like Taecyeon, I liked him first and you know it! Did you like him back when we were friends, when I told you I liked him? Jessica, why did you act like you liked me in the first place?"

"I acted like I liked you since I had to like all 9 of you girls, god you're so dumb. And I'm only going out with Jay because he likes me, not because I like him. Geez, he's such a pain in the as.s, and I just pity him. to like your best friend's soon to be girlfriend, huh?" 

His best friend's soon to be girlfriend?

"Wait, what are you talking about?"

"Doesn't matter anyway, he's moved on to me. Now I just need to find a way to get rid of him..."

"Jessica, tell me what you said to him. Why isn't he talking to me? And which best friend are you even talking about? Are you talking about Taecyeon?" I paused and felt a little nervous "...Are you talking about me?"

I heard laughter on the other line "He doesn't like you, I just said that for the fun of it. He never liked you Yoobin, get over it. He probably realized you're not important anymore." As much as I hated her, was she telling the truth? I feel as though Jay was right by her side telling her to tell me these things...

"Awww, don't cry Yoobin." She said in a sick voice and I couldn't help but cry harder. That can't be true, Jaebum would never...He would never hate me.

"Hey, what-" I heard and then the line went dead.

"Hello? Jessica! Don't..." I curled into a little ball and cried. Jaebum couldn't have hated me for that long, that friendship was real, if that wasn't real, I don't know what is. She's lying...

"It's a lie..." I choked out and gripped onto the carpet with my fingers tightly. "Lies, all lies..."

I grabbed my cell phone and threw it against the wall, watching it shatter into pieces. Out of anger, I shoved the pile of paper off my desk and sobbed, watching each single piece of paper slowly falling down. Is that what I am Jaebum? You supported me first but let me fall after I gained trust in you?

My body felt weak and I felt clammy, almost like I was getting sick. 

"I have to see you." I grabbed the car keys and ran out. I knew where Jaebum's house is by heart, I could even tell you how many steps you walk before making each turn. 

~

When I got there, I opened the car door and didn't even bother to shut it. I knew his parents were never home on weekends, they go down town to visit their relatives. 

With my hands curled into fists, I pounded on the door "Jay, open up!" I didn't stop, I couldn't stop, not until he opened the door.

It started raining but it didn't matter, dying is what I wanted form the beginning right?

I'd rather go back to the time when everybody thought I was some , Jay didn't hate me as much then. If Jay wasn't going to talk to me, I didn't want anyone to talk to me.

"JAY!" I pounded on the door with all the strength in my body but none of the lights went on. It was about 6 and I knew he was home, he always watched TV on saturdays from 5 to 9, it's his 'Jay&TV bonding time'.

My body felt heavier but I didn't stop knocking on the door. I slid down slowly onto the floor, still knocking "Jay...Jaebum...Answer the door you moron..." I cried and felt my tears sliding down my cheeks along with the rain. It was pouring by now, I could feel the rain in my bones. 

"Jay..." I slowly threw my fist towards the door repeatedly "You...idiot...You don't...Don't even know how much I miss you." 

My body longed to hear his laughter again. My brain played flash backs of how we ate ice cream on his proch during the summer and threw water balloons at each other.

"I got you!" Jaebum would always shout and laugh when he hit me with the water balloon as I stood there soaking wet. Just like how I am now, just not sobbing or feeling broken. Jay, do you see me right now? Even if you tell me to go away, I still want you to do it. If I'm going to lose you, I want it to hurt so badly, I wouldn't be able to come back to you. Make me want to forget you, make me hate you.

"Park Jaebum!" My lungs were on fire and my face felt hot, even with the freezing raindrops attacking me.

"Park Jaebum..." My body hit the floor and my eyelids felt heavy "Park...Jaebum..."

~

..::Taecyeon's POV::..


8:43...I guess she really isn't coming. Did she think our meeting was canceled because it rained earlier? It stopped a hour or so earlier, she could have at least called, she even turned her phone off...

I threw the lilies onto the floor and stomped over to my car. Yoobin, I was going to confess to you, but now I'm confused. All your friends told me to go for it, that you'll be interested, but I guess not.

"Whatever..." But I was hurting inside and my brain knew it, no matter what my mouth said.

I drove off to Jaebum's house to see what he's up to. He's probably watching TV right now, it's his 'bonding time'. As I was driving, it started to pour again. What's with this weather?!

"Stupid rain...Stupid day..." I drove faster and faster, clutching my hands together out of frustration. Why did you blow me off?!

I was about to park in the drive way but there was already a car there. Who forgot to close their door, it's pouring out too. I got out and decided I'll just miserably walk in the rain since I feel like shi.t anyway and walked towards the door. Then I saw A BODY LAYING ONT HE FLOOR!

"HOLY MOTHER..." I crouched down and saw... "Yoobin?!" I picked her up and wondered why she was at Jaebum's house, let alone outside in the pouring rain instead of being with me. But that wasn't the problem right now. I knocked on the door "Jaebum! Open up!" ...Why didn't he let her in?

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and I was getting a call from Jay "Hello? I'm outside, open the god damn door!" 

He opened the door and his eyes enlarged ten fold when he saw the lifeless Yoobin in my arms. "Get me some towels!"

As he ran off, I went over to the couch and gently placed her down. She didn't even look like she was breathing. I placed my hand onto her forehead and I could feel the heat radiating into my skin. Holy crap, she's burning up...

Jay threw my towels and he ran off into the kitchen. I swear, when he gets back, I'm going to rip his arms off. I dried her off and Jay came over with medicine in his hand.

"She can't take the medicine if she's unconscious..." I whispered and could feel anger boiling inside of me "But what the hell was she doing outside your door? Why the hell didn't you let her in?!"

He didn't reply and just stared at the floor. What the hell is going on in your head Jaebum?

"Jaebum, what the hell is going on? Why was she outside your door?" Part of me felt a bit jealous that she chose him over me. "Did you not hear her?"

"I...Don't know." He said and ran his fingers through his hair "But she's soaking wet, what do we do? Does she have a fever?"

"Oh, you care now?" I rolled my eyes but let it go. Right now, we just have to save Yoobin.

"Should we go to the hospital?" 

"They're not going to check someone with a normal fever." Her clothes were soaking wet, the only thing we could do is...

"Dude, we have to take her clothes off." Jay gave me a confused look and looked over to Yoobin. Awkward...

"Well, I'm not doing it." He said and back off. 

"I am NOT going to take her clothes off, that's like half !"

"Well one of us has to do it!" He exclaimed.

"What do we do now?!" I screamed and he looked as if he was thinking and then looked up.

"Want me to call one of the girls?"

My fists were ready to make contact with his face but I knew Yoobin wouldn't like it. This shi.t head... "You think they'll like you after they see what you did to Yoobin? This is all your fault anyway, you were obviously home!"

"I had a good reason, okay?!" He screamed back and I can't believe he had the guts to say that, in this kind of situation too. 

"What kind of a fuc.ked up reason are you talking about?! If I didn't stop by, she could have died because of you! Just because you're her best friend doesn't mean I won't beat you senseless!" 

"Shut up, you don't even know what's going on!" 

"But I know god damn well you didn't open that fuc.king door when she cried out to you Jay, that's some messed up crap right there." Venom dripped down on every single word I said and I turned back to Yoobin, not wanting to see my best friend's face full of expressions I would never want to see.

He didn't say anything and just went up stairs. "Just undress her, I'll go get her clothes. She likes you better anyway."

What the hell is he even talking about, everything he says sounds like bullshi.t now.

I took off her shirt while closing my eyes and covered her up with a towel. Wow, I'm pretty good at this...

I looked down to her soaked jeans and shook my head. No way am I going to take those off...

With the towel, I dried her legs off as much as possible. 

"Those are some NICE legs!" I could imagine Wooyoung praising Yoobin's legs in my mind.

Jay came back downstairs and sat down next to me and handed me the shirt. "I'm not going to do it, I'll see her..." I made hand motions in front of my chest and Jay looked away, embarrassed.

"I can't do it...We'll just cover her up with blankets to keep her warm." He went over and grabbed a couple of blankets from the closet and tucked Yoobin in. What the hell, does he care for her or not?!

"Are you going to tell me now?" I asked him and he paused, looking over to me.

"There's nothing to say." My teeth started to grind together and my finger nails dug into my skin.

"Explain this." I pointed to Yoobin's pale face and he didn't reply to me. He looked like he was about to cry. Yeah, Jay, I want to cry too.

"There's nothing to explain, it's none of your business."

"None of my business?!" I stood up and pointed to him "If it weren't for you, me and Yoobin could be together, happy right now! I was going to confess to her today Jay!" 

"Great, you guys will be a happy couple!" He screamed back and I couldn't imagine what was going through his brain right now. What's with his attitude today?!

"You son of a..." I never spoked those words to anyone, I never had a reason to, until today. "I swear, if Yoobin cries anymore for you..."

"Yeah, what are you going to do?" He almost mocked me.

"We're-"

"Stop it guys." A crackling voice filled the air and my head snapped over to Yoobin's direction. Her eyes weren't open but was. "Stop fighting..."

"Yoobin!" She opened her eyes and looked over to me "Sorry Taec...I'm sorry I didn't make it."

My whole body felt a bit more relaxed and I smile lightly "It's fine Yoobin, I'm sure you had a good reason."

She looked over to Jay and then looked down to her hands, playing with her fingers.

"Go to sleep, you need rest right now." I said and she smiled weakly "Thanks Taec." 

I grinned "No problem." I walked out of the living room with Jay and turned off the lights. 

"Are you going to go home or do-"

"We're not what you call 'friends' anymore Jay." He stopped walking and looked back. "We're not anything now. You obviously can't trust me since you can't tell me anything." I walked over to the kitchen and made myself comfortable in one of the chairs.

"Just pretend I'm not here." I shut my eyes and heard him walking up the stairs. Good thing he didn't see me crying, wouldn't want him to know I didn't mean those words.

--