Wedding Dress

And You Thought One Lie Couldn't Hurt

 Chapter Twenty Four



..::Yoobin's POV::..


5 years later...

"MY YOOBIN'S ALL GROWN UP!" My mom sobbed and placed the small barrette into my hair. I watched my vision being blurred by the intricate details of the veil.

"I can't believe you're getting married and I'm..." Hyoyeon looked up to the ceiling and kept her tears in. "AND I'M JUST GETTING OLD!"

"STOP IT GUYS!" Sunny's eyes were ready to roll onto the floor and her hands were going to strangle the next person who talks. "When I had my wedding, I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO SHOOT YOU GUYS. Don't do this to Yoobin too!"

"I'm not stressed...I'm not stressed." I took deep breaths and smoothed out my jeans. "Where's the dress?"

"Mama Kim, you're supposed to put the veil on AFTER the dress." Sunny pouted and handed my dress over to me. 

"I just...This is the day!" She cried louder then I did when I got engaged. "It's finally the day!"

"Go change, go change!" Sooyoung pushed me into the changing room with the worker who looked more excited then I was.

"Ready for the big day?" The worker asked and I lightly smiled. That's all I can do so I won't throw up. 

"I guess so, I'm a bit nervous. Got any tips?" She slowly looked up and death glared me.

"I'm only 20..."

"Oh..." I scratched the back of my head and tried to avoid eye contact. "Sorry?"

She didn't say anything and fixed me into my dress. When she tied the strings on the back, I swear she was trying to choke me out of anger. I said I was sorry! She could have passed for 25, I'll tell you that right now.

"Is it done?!" Yuri yelled from the other side and pounded on the door.

"Here she is." The pissed of worker opened the doors and I heard instant squealing.

"YOU LOOK SO GOOD!" Tiffany, my maid of honor, screamed and hugged me lightly. "I can't even...You're getting married!"

"You were the first to know, it should have sunk in now!" I laughed and felt at ease.

"Alright girls! Get into your dresses!" Yoona yelled and I watched as everybody started to change into the bridesmaid dresses. 

"I got a text from Junho!" Tiffany exclaimed and I rolled my eyes. Her and Junho have been dating for 9 months now and I swear they need each other more then they need air to live. "Awwww, he said the guys are getting ready!"

"What's so 'aw' about that?" Taeyeon whispered to me and we both giggled. "I'm so glad the wedding dress is covering your legs, Wooyoung would be the type to make a comment about your legs when we're supposed to be quiet."

"But you know, Wooyoung got really...Good looking over the years."

"Hey, hands off!" Taeyeon stuck her noise into the air in pride. "He's mine now."

"Can I go visit Seul Ong?" Sooyoung batted her eyelashes at me. "Please? He says he misses me! Isn't that cute?!"

"Just go." I sighed and waved as she sprinted out to go visit her boyfriend.

"Who's the best man again?" I asked Tiffany who was my maid of honor. She's been to every single one of my pre-wedding parties, even if it meant she had to miss her doctor's appointment for her critical condition. She could have died but she didn't care, she risked it for me.

"Oh, it's J...Why are you crying?!" She dabbed my tears with a soft tissue and tilted my head back. "You're ruining your make up, STOP CRYING KIM YOOBIN!"

"Alright, alright, sorry." I said quietly and felt my tears slide back into the back of my eyes. "I'm just so thankful Tiffany..."

"Oh here we go again..." Tiffany sighed. "The Prada bag was NOT that expensive, Junho even pitched in for me."

"Not that!" I giggled at her silliness. "You just...You've been there at my hardest times, I want to thank you for that."

"Oh, don't do this." She leaned against the wall and gave me a sad smile. "You're going to make me cry...I don't want Junho to see me with raccoon eyes!"

"I'll stop, I'll stop." I checked my phone and noticed there was 16 more minutes till it starts. "Just thanks."

"You're welcome baby." She hugged me and pressed her cheek against mine. 

"They look SO hot." Hyoyeon said who tagged along with Sooyoung to visit the guys. "Like no joke. They wouldn't let me see Taecyeon but let me tell you, Changmin?"

"He just gets hotter as he gets older." Sooyoung finished for Hyoyeon who just nodded along.

"Hello? Can I come in?" A deep voice called out form behind the door. 

"Hyung, just open it, so what if they're changing?"

"Now we know one of them is Wooyoung..." Tiffany opened the door and slid out quickly to scold them, shutting the door before they could look inside.

"Here are your flowers honey." Taecyeon's mom handed me a bunch of orange and yellow lilies.

"Thanks mom..." I've gotten used calling Taecyeon's mom 'mom' now, it just feels comfortable.

..::Taecyeon's POV::..


"Who's getting married today?" Wooyoung smiled and pointed to me. "You are!"

"Who's going on a honeymoon after?" Again, Wooyoung pointed to me. "You are!"

"And who's going to make me an uncle?" He pointed to me and Kwon. "You two are!"

"Wooyoung, bring it down a notch or two." Junsu pinched Wooyoung's side and dragged him away from me and Kwon.

"Alright, now don't worry hyung," Jo Kwon fixed my tie up and flattened out everything. "When I had my wedding, I thought I was going to crap rats out of my mouth."

"That's...Not how I'm feeling but okay."

"Just don't be nervous, it's just like graduating from high school!" 

When I thought about it, it did kind of feel that way.

"Sorry I'm late!" Jaebum ran in through the door already dressed. "My mom started crying. Let me warn you, she might lecture you. She wants you to convince me to get married too."

"You're the best man, you should have been here sooner!" Jin Woon complained to Jaebum loudly and followed him around, nagging his stressed out hyung. 

"13 more minutes Taecyeon..." Seul Ong patted my back and I smiled awkwardly. "I can't even imagine what it's like to even say 'I'm getting married'. You think Sooyoung ever thinks about it?"

"I bet so, probably talked to Yoobin about it." 

"Well, Kwon said it's not too bad so I don't see the big deal." Seul Ong smiled reassuringly and stretched in his white tux. "Just can't wait for the after party!"

"Surprise!" I looked over to Hyoyeon and Sooyoung with eyes wide open, scanning each guy in the room.

Seul Ong and Jo Kwon stood in front of me so they couldn't see me. "No way, we're not letting you see Taecyeon! It's not even the official thing yet!"

"Whatever...WHOA!" Hyoyeon smiled to Sooyoung who just clutched onto her friend for support. 

"Changmin..." Sooyoung whispered and went over to hold his face with Hyoyeon. "You just get better and better looking don't you?"

"Yah! Choi Sooyoung!" Seul Ong grabbed onto Sooyoung and spun her around in the air, laughing together.

"So...Is Yoobin's dress short?" Wooyoung asked Hyoyeon who stared in awe. "Wow, Wooyoung, you clean up pretty nice too. And no, we picked a long dress just in case you decide to cause a problem."

"Dam.n it..." Wooyoung clenched his fist and smiled nervously to me when we made eye contact.

I can't believe I'm getting married. It just doesn't sound natural to say it. 5 years ago, we were in high school and now we're getting married. We're going to be together forever now. 

"Son, I'm so happy for you." My dad embraced me proudly. 

"Take good care of her and good luck." Yoobin's dad smiled to me and hugged me too. 

"Of course and thank you." I smiled politely back and saw Hyoyeon clinging onto Chan Sung who was weirded out.

"Let's go visit Yoobin!" Wooyoung pulled Nichkhun out the door and I heard their foot steps rushing down the hall. 

"Yo man, you're on in 5 minutes." Jaebum held up five fingers to indicate how short of a time it is. "You nervous?"

"I feel like..." I searched around in my brain to think of the word. "I don't feel nervous at all just..."

"You don't feel nervous until you walk up there and watch your girl walk slowly towards you. It's really the most bone chilling moment ever. You know that feeling you get right before you go down on a roller coaster? That's what it feels like." Jo Kwon patted powder onto my face. "But no worries."

"Oh right, why would he worry now?" Junho snickered and lightly hit me on the shoulder. "And Jaebum better not try to do anything when you dance with Tiffany..."

"That's right, the best man and the maid of honor dance together don't they?" Junsu laughed and patted Junho on the back. "Jay's not like that."

"Taecyeon!" My mom slammed open the door with tears overflowing her eyes. "It's time..."

..::Jaebum's POV::..



"JAY!" I looked back to the familiar voice and face. She smiled and ran up to me while holding her dress up with her tiny hands. I stumbled around a little as she embraced me tightly and smiled after letting go. "I can't believe it, I'm married!"

"I know!" I smiled happily and watched her wedding ring shine in the sunlight. "I always knew you guys were going to get married!"

She sighed and had a bit of a sad hint in her eyes. "What's wrong?"

Yoobin looked up and smiled a bit. "It's just happening so fast you know? It feels just like yesterday we were prancing around in high school."

High school...

"I know what you mean. Sometimes I even dream about Taecyeon and I fighting."

"Exactly! I always think about whatever happened to Jessica..."

I shrugged. "All we know is that she transferred and probably is harassing another girl right now."

"She should be sent to jail." I laughed whole heartily. 

"Anyway, how was your dance with Tiffany?"

The dance with Tiffany. 

Let me tell you, she does NOT like it when you try to get her attention while she's staring at Junho. We were dancing and when I noticed it was time to swap as the song ended, I yelled her name loudly and she gave me the scariest glare ever. It was like Grudge and The Ring girl combined. 

"Okay..." I squinted my eyes and winced just thinking about it.

Yoobin grinned and knew it didn't go so well.

"Well, I'm going to go mingle with everybody else." I said and she nodded, waving back to me as we both walked away from each other. 

"The sun set is so pretty!" Jo Kwon shrieked and ran around happily.

"It really is beautiful isn't it?" I ran around in circles with Jo Kwon who was even happier now that he has company.

"Guys, the suns barely there..." Seul Ong chuckled at our silliness. 

"That's why we're making the best of it while it is there you retard!" Jo Kwon stuck his tongue out to Seul Ong who rolled his eyes.

"Wow, it gets dark pretty quickly." Changmin said ad I looked up to the sky getting darker and darker as I blinked. 

"Hey, have you guys seen Yoobin?" Taecyeon asked and we all shook our heads. 

"Oh hyung!" Chan Sung went up to Taecyeon. "Yoobin told me to tell you she'll be out a little and to head to the after party without her. She said she'll be there soon."

Taecyeon nodded and everybody walked over to their cars to drive to the after party at Tiffany's house mansion. I told the others to go first and I'll meet them there. After the cars drove off, I walked to the place that holds many memories.

The sky was sprinkled with shining stars now and it was so dark that you could barely see the river. I put my hands into my pockets and felt a bit chilly. Cars drove by quickly and I felt the rush of the wind hit lightly against me.

"Jaebum?" My head turned in a instant reaction. "Yoobin?"

"I can't believe you came here too!" She exclaimed and I could see her eyes glowing in the street lights.

"Hey, why are you crying?"

She looked up surprised and faced the river again. "I'm just a bit overwhelmed."

Han River. The river we all used to hang out at whenever it got hot. We would always have picnics and jump into the river which was surprisingly clean. Also the place where everything was fixed back up again. 

"Can you hear our laughters?" 

"That's exactly what I was going to ask you..." I saw her tears fall into the river and cause a ripple effect.

"I'm glad we're friends Jaebum. I'm glad I met you."

"I'm glad we're friends too. I don't know what I would have done if I didn't meet you."

We're both glad we're friends.

"Well, we can't keep them waiting." She smiled and looked into my eyes seriously. "But Jay..."

"Hmmm?"

"I remember what you told me here 5 years ago..." 

"It was a mistake."

"I never liked you like that Yoobin."


I laughed and felt memories flooding in my head. "I remember that too."

"Did you really mean it?"

"Of course I meant it, you think I would be able to stick around for 5 years and pretend I don't like you?"

Without saying anything, she shrugged and stood there with a content look on her face. "Well good, I wouldn't want you to be sad secretly." She walked a couple steps away from me.

"I'm going back to the car to go to the after party, wouldn't want them to think the bride was kid napped. Coming?"

"Nah, you go first."

"Alright, you be careful. If you're not there after half an hour, I'm calling the police!" She smiled and turned around. 

What I really wanted to do was hold her back. 

To tell her what I really wanted to say.

My fists gripped tightly together and my heart started to pound out of my chest. 

She took one step and my eyes started to overflow with tears. I bit my lip and smiled, knowing this is the way it's supposed to be.

She took two steps and I felt my tears fall down my cheeks and onto the hard concrete floor. My legs gave in and I felt my knees hit the floor. 

She took three steps and my world came crashing down. 

You're married now, there's no 1% chance for me now. It's all over, there's no going back to the way I want it.

"Yoobin!"

"It was a lie, I didn't mean it 5 years ago and I don't mean it now!"

My breath was stuck in my throat as I sobbed and felt her pulling my heart out of my body as she walked further and further away.

"I do love you more then you could think! Since grade school, it just didn't stop!"

I expected you to walk back. But you can't hear me, because I shouting through my heart.

Please, don't even look back. Just walk away and when that clock hits midnight, I'll forget all about this foolish love I have for you.

"And I thought one lie couldn't hurt..." I chuckled silently to my self and felt my self getting weaker.

I saw her silhouette walking further and further away.

Now, I'm just not a part of you anymore. 

Not your 'other half', you have a new one now.

We disconnected and now I'm alone. A half with only one other to complete me. 

I looked up to the big clock on the tower. 12:02.

Now I've forgotten all about my stupid fantasy, you don't have to worry anymore Yoobin.

...Well, one more lie couldn't hurt, right?

The End.