Only Look At Me

And You Thought One Lie Couldn't Hurt

 Chapter Five



..::Jaebum's POV::..


"Changmin hyung! Get off!" Jo Kwon screamed and struggled to prevent dropping him, that would mean more pain then he already was in. While I was laughing, something felt oddly familiar about this street. All of my five senses were tingling, almost like I was having de ja vu. 

This is the street that Yoobin lives in. I looked over to my left and then to my right. 278, that's her house! My eyes wandered around the windows to see if the lights were on, to see if she gets any sleep lately. There weren't any lights on but I did see Yoobin peeking out the window...Watching us have fun while she stays inside.

She wasn't looking for me, she was looking at Taecyeon.

That's right, she was actually looking at him rather then looking at me. I don't blame her, I'm pretty stupid for not talking to her about this. When Taecyeon told me about Yoobin, I didn't believe it, even if he was my best friend. But then I remembered the guy's talking in the gym lockers and then I noticed how Yoobin never hung out with me. That's when I realized she's been deceiving me this whole time. I don't have time to waste on people like that, no matter how hard it is for me.

Was she looking at Taecyeon because she liked him? Yeah, probably. Was she looking at him because he's the next target? I hope not, Taecyeon wouldn't do something like that anyway.

Jessica went over and started to talk to Taecyeon and they ended up laughing. When I looked up to Yoobin's face, I could see her smiling weakly to her self with tears glowing in her eyes. 

Jay, It's time to forget about her. 

Tomorrow, I'll start a new life. The life without Yoobin, my best friend, my first love. My first and only.

..::Taecyeon's POV::..

Jaebum walked happily into class and I was confused. So confused. One minute he's all depressed and not his self for the past month and now he's jollier then ever. He plopped down into the seat next to me and smiled. 

"What's with you...?" He looked over to me and this time, he was the one who looked confused. Oh please, don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about...

"What, do I have something on my face?" He looked down "My pants are on the right way, what are-"

"I mean why are you so...Happy now?" He scrunched up his eyebrows like he had no idea what's going on.

And it pissed me off.

"Jay, it's not funny. Why the hell were you so depressed for that past month? Don't act all happy now and expect me not to question you." He was taken a bit back and I don't blame him. I've never snapped on anyone like this, or acted like anything close to this.

"...I don't know what you're talking about." My fist twitched a little just hearing him say something so close to the bull crap Yoobin's pulled off on me. Even if Jay is my best brother, he was really pissing me off these days. Most of the time, he wouldn't hang out with the group and just stays home to do whatever it is that liars do these days. There's one thing that Jay and Yoobin have in common.

"I was just upset about what I found out about Yoobin is all..." He slumped over in his seat and buried his face in his arms with his shoulders shaking up and down.

"Hey man...Don't cry." I whispered so no one would hear. He just kept shaking harder and harder, watching him made me feel a little sad inside. I hated seeing one of my guys cry like this, especially over someone that's not worth it.

"You don't understand..." He looked up and wiped his eyes. "We've known each other for who knows how long. Letting her go isn't easy...It's not possible."

Inside, I felt sympathetic but there isn't anything I could do. It is what it is. And Yoobin just isn't what everybody thought she was, I know that for sure. 

"Jay, understand that I didn't want to let her go too. I know it's harder for you but-"

"You wouldn't understand half of my problems right now. Sometimes trying to forget her gets so frustrating, I start carving her name into the wall without my self even knowing." He looked at me with lost eyes that screamed for help.

"We were supposed to go to home coming together..." He kicked the table over and it flew all the way tot he front of the room. Everybody in the room noticed the aura around us and walked out slowly one by one. Now it was just Jay and me in the classroom.

In a blink of an eye, he grabbed the chair and flung it towards the chalkboard. The chair was in pieces and the chalkboard fell from whatever held it up. "It'll be the first time not being with her on my birthday..."

As much as I wanted to like Yoobin, I just can't, and I guess that's how Jay feels "You have us bro, Yoobin's not everything, you have-"

"But she is. She's my other half." He had a disgusted look on his face. The kind of face someone only makes when they just watched someone being shot "Without her, it'll just be a birthday. I won't even feel alive anyway, what's the use..." He looked towards the window and the light reflected off his wet face.

"What do you want me to tell you..." I stood there trying not to cry with him too. In the background, I could hear everybody whispering about us. Some girls were even crying just watching Jay in this state.

"I want you to tell me that it's not true, that what you told me isn't true. That it was just a joke..." Jay grabbed his hair and clenched his teeth, emotions pouring out his eyes even faster now "Just tell me someone can erase her from my head."

"I can lie right? It's not true, it was just a joke." I sternly said and he looked up to me with a crazy smile.

"I don't want to remember her Taec." He punched the desk, leaving a big indent in the middle. I could just hear the screeching sound of the metal crying when Jay abused it "I DON'T WANT TO REMEMBER HER OR ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH HER!"

"Jay, calm down. The principal's going to hear you and the teacher will be here soon. We can talk about-"

"EVERYTHING REMINDS ME OF HER!" He grabbed the chair and flung it out the window. Luckily, the window was open and Jay has good aim. As his hands reached for another chair, I stopped him.

"Don't do anything reckless Jay."

"Trying to forget her was reckless, I can't believe I even thought it was possible." He went from angry to devastated in a matter of seconds. "Why didn't she tell me from the start she's like this..."

"She's not worth your tears Jay." Wrong thing to say, now he's giving me a look only a few people can achieve. The kind of look that gives you the cold shivers just thinking about it. It planted into my head and wouldn't go away.

"Yoobin's worth every breath I take..." He looked down and frowned "Well she was..."

"Park Jaebum." A girl's voice said. We both turned around to see Jessica standing there with arms folded. What was she doing here? And what did she possibly want from Jay right now?

"Right now isn't a good time Jess-" I started to say but she cut me off.

"Jaebum, please stop acting so immature. I'm having a hard time too, but I only cry in private so people don't say anything. Why don't-"

"Shut the hell up." Everybody gasped in the background while peeking in through the doors and windows. 

"Jay!" I shouted and Jessica motioned for me to stop.

"Oh please Jaebum, you're all talk, you can't even get over losing one friend."

"You're just pouring oil onto fire, stop Jessica."

Jay was clenching his fists tightly together and I knew he wasn't the type to hold back because they were a girl. Well, except for Yoobin, he always let her win games, let her think she was faster then him...

"And you don't think you are? I know all your secrets." He smirked "Jessica Jung."

..::Jaebum's POV::..

She flinched and glared at me, almost daring me to say it. Say it in front of Taecyeon that she likes him even if her best friend does too. That even though she knew Yoobin wanted Taecyeon, she'll have to nerve to ask him to go to home coming with her. To stab Yoobin so badly in the back while she's like this.

It almost made me forget what Yoobin is now.

"Jaebum, stop." Taecyeon, that bastard, stood in front of Jessica as she smirked at me. As much as I hate Jessica, it doesn't change that the rumor isn't false. I can hate her as much as I want and it won't affect Yoobin at all. 

"Stop acting nice to Yoobin." Jessica's eyes grew large and I could see her fidgeting then recomposed. 

"I don't know what you're talking about, she's my friend." She said in a low voice so only I could hear, and maybe Taecyeon. 

I have you figured out Jessica. You're just as bad as Yoobin, deceiving everybody to think you're something you're not. Yoobin, you're not innocent and Jessica, you don't love everybody. Actually, you hate everybody. I bet you don't even like the 8 girls you hang out with.

"I'll spare you Jessica..." I glared at her as she stood behind Taecyeon. Her arms were wrapped around his arms. You pathetic human being. "Just watch out, I know what you are." 

Walking towards the door, I saw everybody back away and make way for me. Taking each step down the hall, my beat burned of memories I ever had with Yoobin in this hall way. I looked up to see her standing alone far away from me, just standing in the hall way, staring at the ground. 

My lungs filled with anger, regret, everything, mixing together. 

Kim Yoobin, what have you done to me?

"Park Jaebum." Jessica said behind me with venom dripping from each word, each syllable she said but I didn't look back until she grabbed my arm. I snatched it away and glared at her.

"What the hell do you want now? You've ruined her life, my life, go ruin someone else's!" I ran down the hall and everybody followed me. Some girls were bawling their eyes out and yelling for me to stop crying. As I passed Yoobin, it felt like time was slowed and our body just connected somehow. 

Without looking back, I knew she was looking towards me and crying. 

Because she's my half, I feel whatever she feels. I cry when she cries, I hurt when she hurts.